Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby/Toddler Vampires

So if a human and vampire have a baby will they baby be half vampire? A chance to be full vampire or full human 50/50? Or just human?

I wanted a vampire baby, and I couldn't find any vampires other than caleb right at first, and I didn't want to mess up his marriage. So I took my vampire girl to a club and tried for baby in the closet with the most available guy she could find. aka Don. The baby was human.

Just wondering if this has been discussed or answered anywhere. Thanks!
Origin ID: Wyrren

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2017
    50/50 chance of being a Vampire or Human.

They won't have any power until teen and will age until YA, then stop.
    As a toddler, I think they might display creepy eyes, but otherwise I'm not sure if you would know until teen. I don't know when the plumbob will show as a Vampire plumbob.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    werepyerprincesswerepyerprincess Posts: 3 New Member
    From what I heard, if a baby was a vampire, they wont get their powers until teen/young adult. so wait until then...The baby might be a vampire
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Thank you guys :)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd choose a safer option in this case : I'd choose a human sim, make the vampire turn him, and they could try for a baby after. At least there would be no uncertainty this way.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Just found a response in a post from SimGuruNinja saying that the plumbob changes at teen. He confirms you won't know if he/she has Vampire genetics until teen.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    NewWaveNewWave Posts: 35 Member
    I just found out that Caleb isn't married. The woman he lives with is his sister. So he's available.
  • Options
    NewWave wrote: »
    I just found out that Caleb isn't married. The woman he lives with is his sister. So he's available.

Oooh! I will make good use of this news!
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited January 2017
    For me CAS showed the little vampire symbol as early as toddlerhood. But you need to take your sim to CAS and to check for it near their traits.

EDIT: in case you don't know how it looks, upper left courner

mz8t7kH.jpg
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Had twins with a vampire and human. Guess I'd better go check if either of them have vampire genetics.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    For me CAS showed the little vampire symbol as early as toddlerhood. But you need to take your sim to CAS and to check for it near their traits.

EDIT: in case you don't know how it looks, upper left courner

I've never used CAS before, despite playing Sims for years and years. Thanks for the tip! It worked on my toddlers.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    I just realised that you don't need to go into CAS to see if your toddlers are vampires or not. Babies that have inherited the vampire trait will have the vampire icon on their needs bar instead of the happy human icon.

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I will write a full guide on vampire toddlers, children and teens as soon as I reach the teen stage I think. Things like how to tell them apart, what is different, what new interactions are there, what interactions are missing.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    You don't even need to go to CAS to tell if a toddler is a vampire. Just look at the icon for their needs and it's a vampire one. ;)
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    You don't even need to go to CAS to tell if a toddler is a vampire. Just look at the icon for their needs and it's a vampire one. ;)
    Shouldn't be. Their powers first shows up when they are teen as well as the vampire need bar, that vampires have. You don't have it when they are baby/toddler/child.
  • Options
    I took my toddler into CAS and she was indeed a human. I didn't look at the needs bar before I did it...
    But my sim turned her... (using a cheat!)
    And the needs bar is the vampire one now. If it wasn't before... I don't know.
  • Options
    AndieTheThingyAndieTheThingy Posts: 4 New Member
    I made the count impregnate his fiance whilst she was in her three day transformation into a vampire. Does this class her as human, or vampire? She hadn't officially "Become" a vampire yet. Just consumed the essence. Guess i'll have to see how the baby turns out and wait for them to be a teen.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited January 2017
    Zafireria wrote: »
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Shouldn't be. Their powers first shows up when they are teen as well as the vampire need bar, that vampires have. You don't have it when they are baby/toddler/child.

The motives are normal but the icon is the vampire one, not the regular one (hopefully someone can post a pic, i'm on my phone so no pics handy).

My sim had twins with Paolo Rocca and he was either just before or just after changing (it was an oops and he wasn't the only suspect, she was going for serial romantic so had a few sims on the go). They are both vampires and both had her eyes from before she was turned (I edited her when she changed, long before she was pregnant).
  • Options
    FrogPickleFrogPickle Posts: 1 New Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I took my toddler into CAS and she was indeed a human. I didn't look at the needs bar before I did it...
    But my sim turned her... (using a cheat!)
    And the needs bar is the vampire one now. If it wasn't before... I don't know.

What's the cheat to make a sim a vampire?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @FrogPickle I think testing cheats have to be on, but then enter:

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I have the game pack but I haven't played the vampires yet. I'm collecting info so I can figure out how to fit them into my game. I know that child vampires don't get their powers until they are teens. Do vampires feed off of or convert toddlers and children?
  • Options
    @mebagl15 no vampires can't feed off of child or toddlers. And they can't convert them. They are either born vampires or you use the above cheat to make them so. :)

Though there is a mod for vampire children to make them more like vampires: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589300
    I haven't tested it out, so use at your own discretion. ;)
  • Options
    ALAYZIA13ALAYZIA13 Posts: 9 New Member
    I have a quick question I had 2 vampires have kids and their toddlers hunger, bladder, and sleep does not go down I thought this was a glitch and tried many different families and still the same results is this normal.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    ALAYZIA13 wrote: »
    I have a quick question I had 2 vampires have kids and their toddlers hunger, bladder, and sleep does not go down I thought this was a glitch and tried many different families and still the same results is this normal.

No. My vampire toddler needed to eat, sleep, and go potty.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    As already posted above, check the sim icon:

fang_zpshec7z9l2.jpg
    Child vamp, it has fangs on it.

no%20fang_zpspmqxei2x.jpg
    Non vamp, no fangs.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top