Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Omg :bawling:
    I have faith that everything will be okay but their pain pains me.
    I loved your little HGR montage...he makes amazing faces!

Okay, I would name this chapter "Sad Bananas", because SAD, bb, ok. SAD. Even their "date", which shouldn't be sad. Yup. SAD.
    I guess it's the inevitable when you're dating a vampire (who doesn't really 'get' that you're dating her) who can't have feels and you can't make progress on her case, so when the initial excitement wears off everyone just gets really hopeless and SAD.

I did love the bit about Daya's "real nice lady-clothes" that may or may not be riding up her real nice lady-parts. (Aw, Daya, he can look but he won't touch (SAD)); I love that she notices his compliments on her outfits (I think she likes it a bit), in my mind she dresses up for him just a little...but then he's talking about her filling out a bathing suit and I'm like "Daya, gurl, just go swimming with this hirsute honey and his killer cheekbones m'kay?"
    “That would require you to divest yourself of your clothing as well.”
    YES.
    And then that pic...and she's talking about her enthusiasm over the idea of a Saul with less clothes, and then SAD AGAIN.

I sense a theme.

Usually there's a certain something to Daya's Eternal Sadness, something that leads me to have hope for her...but this chapter, I felt her despair so keenly; it just permeated everything and it seemed like her and Saul were only going through the motions.

And then BREAK UP. Ugh, my cockles. My poor, shriveled cockles. They are going to need a good cry later.

LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIS FACE DAYA.
    GsZ6ybt.png
    OMG.

I've never been so happy to see Daddy Thaddy with a solid dose of Hope.

Still though, ruh roh scoobes...Graham looking for that guy. HMM.

Yeah, and now you miss him. /flails
    I just can't. /bawling
    SAD.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Crazy theory/idea of the day --Now that the plotlines are slowly starting to intersect...
    Bianca and Byron end up meeting the one and only Hadrian Grimsley Ravensbane and she asks him to help cure the famous Blackwell "curse" (insert Austin Powers gif here) and wild shenanigans ensue?

Maybe not super likely, but I'm having a lot of fun imagining what kind of craziness could ensue if/when other characters meet this dude :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »

I've never been so happy to see Daddy Thaddy with a solid dose of Hope.

SAD.
    Of your entire wall of text, this was my favorite thing. Daddy Thaddy!!! :lol:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Crazy theory/idea of the day --Now that the plotlines are slowly starting to intersect...
    Bianca and Byron end up meeting the one and only Hadrian Grimsley Ravensbane and she asks him to help cure the famous Blackwell "curse" (insert Austin Powers gif here) and wild shenanigans ensue?

Maybe not super likely, but I'm having a lot of fun imagining what kind of craziness could ensue if/when other characters meet this dude :tongue:)

Yes! I am surprised we haven't encountered him before now.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit Sorry for pain. :( Guess you want that ice pack back now?
    I took way too many shots of HGR's face when I first made him. Way, way too many.

You wanted them to have a date! LOOK WHAT YOU WROUGHT. Well, I wanted to write Sad Bananas Social Outings, but I think you've been clamoring for a date for a while now. ;) Monkey's paw situation up in here.

Saul warned Daya not to have any hope, but he ended up getting his hopes the highest. :( Irony?

She definitely notices his compliments on her outfits. ;) Whether or not she's dressing differently because of them is a mystery~ But she does seem to favor increasingly more revealing options.

Even if they went swimming, it'd be SAD swimming. Is that what you want?!

I'm glad the despair came through so clearly! As emotionless as she is...she feels like she's at the end of her rope, except that rope just goes on forever and ever and ever...

LOL, Daddy Thaddy. Let's see what happens~ Resolution is coming soon maybe kind of! Ish. Maybe.

What would Graham want to do with that Daddy Thaddy guy, anyhow? He'll be fine~

Sorry again for the sads. :( They were apparently contagious!

I can't confirm or deny any HGR-related speculation in this thread, but I do enjoy taking screenshots of his facial expressions. >:) Here is an old one that I didn't get to use (I have a lot of these):
    2X5OhGI.png

Graham chapter tomorrow morning!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    @LadyLobster You should TOTALLY take an AU picture for me. :smiley: Do one where Saul and Isla are happily married and he's rubbing her pregnant belly, but in the background it has Graham's mom and Byron playing baseball. ;)

Up for a challenge?
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Haids5987 LOL, I think that's beyond my abilities right now. Baseball isn't in TS4, is it? Maybe in the Fitness Pack that's coming up...

Though this did remind me to do a chapter card for Graham tomorrow!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited May 2017
    @LadyLobster: Closest I could find: http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/150223072984/beenxbeen-been-male-bat-pose-pack-need

Though I think it'll serve best for the chapter teaser when Byron makes a homerun. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Though I think it'll serve best for the chapter teaser when Byron makes a homerun. ;)

YOU ARE BRILLIANT @InfraGreen ! We totally need a Byron and Penny baseball teaser when the time comes :naughty:

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Ha, thanks for the link! I don't remember if there's ever been actual baseball in the Sims, aside from tossing a baseball back and forth in TS3. Byron would want to get in the game for real! All the bases and everything.

@CitizenErased14 No promises. ;) I'd probably want That Chapter to come as a surprise!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Hahaha fair enough! :tongue: Maybe a post-chapter celebratory picture? :innocent:;)

Hopefully they get this cure sorted out before they worry about that though! Can't wait to see. :)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Graham. And baby Graham. ...Not that there's much difference.

kkzljsA.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2017
    Oh Graham!
    You are such a tragic character. But I'm a little confused as to why Graham hates Thaddeus so much. "He drained her"...he meant Penny? But I didn't think Graham cared about Penny. Or was it because Bianca was upset about it? I'm sorry I'm slow here...

I would have liked to have seen a LITTLE torture! Just maybe a pinky sliced off or a black eye...I mean...we all think he deserves it. ;) And Graham would have gotten a little satisfaction.

Oh, thank you for putting that long hair on Graham in his dreams. That was fun. He looks so much better with long hair and more fae, like his character. Hee! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Loved this one! :love:
    I second what @pammiechick said about that hair! :love: And I know I already gushed on WP, but seriously those screenshots were so stunning!

To offer my thoughts on pammie's question, I am assuming the hatred of Thaddeus is because of the 'emotional' drain he'd done on Bianca, as well as the physical one of him poisoning her with his sick blood?

Either way, Graham always is so extreme and so stubborn/set in his ways, so though I was a little surprised by him kidnapping Thaddeus, I feel like it's what we should expect by now :joy: Isla is a gift for keeping Graham in line ;)

He is such a brat. A brat I love to read about, but still a brat :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @pammiechick Graham indeed!
    And it's been a while (way back in chapter 33), but Graham can hold a grudge for eternity, much like Bianca. He was really annoyed when Thaddeus "drained" Bianca by having her turn him and basically poisoning her--it has nothing to do with Penny, because you're right, Graham doesn't give a hoot about her, LOL. It was when she looked like this and came to him desperate for help/to find Byron, but it's been so long ago!
    UmNLfKA.png

I probably should've spelled that out better, I'm sorry!

And wow, bloodthirsty, aren't we? >:) Graham would've enjoyed that, yes, but Bianca wouldn't have been happy...

Ha, I like the long hair too!

@CitizenErased14 Thank you!!
    And thank you for the screenshot compliments! (Can you tell I'd kill for a medieval/fantasy expansion pack?

And yes, that's what I meant re: the drainage! (LOL, you posted while I was typing the response to Pammie.)

Graham is definitely both extreme and set in his ways, much like his alabaster dove/whale. It was a good thing Isla was there, that's for sure.

Total brat.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2017
    Gotcha! I've been wanting to reread Fangs for a while...looks like I need to. I started a few weeks ago, but got sidetracked. The family curse was underscored in the beginning, so I'm really looking forward to how that turns out (and it was mentioned in this chapter, too, I believe.) Or maybe I'm being a numskull again. ;)

Thanks @CitizenErased14 for trying to make me understand. Can't wait to binge reread it. That will help. I'm almost done de-censoring D & K so after that, I'll start over on Fangs.

(BTW, Byron looks DREAMY in Siobhan's room! Ha! It will drive Crystal nuts!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick I can't wait to see Byron in Siobhan's room, omg. Is Crystal not a fan? Pfft, no accounting for taste.

And the family curse is a strange beast--Bianca only seems to bring it up at odd times. But more developments on that soon, I promise!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Once again, a great chapter banner. Yep, no difference in the adult Graham or the child Graham! :joy:
    I loved Graham 'getting in character' and thinking of Isla as 'Bee'. Isla does seem to keep Graham reeled in though. I am sure Thaddeus appreciates it. That relationship is - well - interesting. The bat Graham pics were too funny. And pour Saul learned the hard way that bosses and employees shouldn't fraternize. :frowning:
  • Options
    @LadyLobster Some of my readers have taken to calling Zayne the Brat Prince. Maybe Graham can be the Brat King :tongue:

I went back and re-read re-looked at those screenshots again (this time Darius was not whispering to me in the fae-language though ;) ) that's how much I loved them! So dream-like and mysterious. :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Thank you! I had to make baby Graham bald because there's no white hair for toddlers or children. I even downloaded recolors of toddler and child hairs for unnatural hair colors, but still no white!
    That scene with Graham getting lost thinking about Bee while acting was really fun to write and screenshot, so I'm glad you liked it! Had a lot of fun playing with poses too, LOL. There were a lot of shots I didn't use.

Thaddeus was definitely grateful for Isla's timely intervention, though he probably believes he deserves a bit of torture at this point. And BAT GRAHAM. Bats in TS4 are so cute! And yeah, Saul is not a happy camper and may be projecting a bit (like Graham!).

@CitizenErased14 Brat Emperor. Why settle for king when he can have an empire? >:)

I just fell in love with that enchanted cemetery lot and I think it contributed a lot to the screenshots. I was going to use it in my other save file but decided something else might be appropriate for its intended use...but then I had to use it somehow, so I settled on using it in this chapter. I love the Gallery so much!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @LadyLobster All hail the Brat Emperor then ;) Zayne aspires to that level of greatness :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Great work!
    About baseball -- there's a baseball interaction in the virtual reality box -- when your Sim chooses to play Incredible Sports. And if your Sim gets a high enough Video Gaming score, s/he can play The Refuge (based on Sims Medieval) in the box, too.
    Just so I'm clear -- the scenes with Bianca are playing in Graham's head while he's acting with Isla? No wonder she's peeved that he refers to her as "Bee." And while I like long-haired Graham in his white suit, I highly approve of Isla's version, too.
    I'm not sure I've complimented you sufficiently on your clothing choices -- in the banner, Vilhelmina's outfit is perfect for her. Of course she'd be the type of ancient vampire who would take to wearing slacks asap. And toddler Graham in his little suit with those glasses is adorable. I also like your plain version of the Dine Out dress for Isla's human character. Daya's outfits have also been great.
    Back to the story -- so Saul is the one who's been collected dog poo? No wonder he's been taking so many showers. I'm glad that Isla stopped the torture -- we don't really want Thaddeus to die. I'm looking forward to what happens when the vampire cure is found.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CitizenErased14 @LadyLobster: I was thinking "Brat Daddy" for Graham because Zayne doesn't really have a dad anymore. And neither does Graham! These brats have to stick together. :p

Also baby Graham...he's finally cute. :smiley:
    Aww, Bianca has changed so much. From not liking silly men to finally tolerating living in a cramped flat with Byron somewhat. :p

And is Isla repenting for keeping Lysander caprice or is she just a blatant hypocrite? :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Thank you for the tip about VR baseball! I had no idea that that existed. I'll have to try it out. B)
    The Bianca in the scenes in Graham's head is actually Bianca. Only one line is actually from the play ("I was hoping to see you again), which apparently triggers a memory/fantasy of the past, but the clothes and hairstyle are from the play too. But it's a young Bianca who's not quite the same vampiress she is now.

And aww, thank you about the clothes! Dressing them up can be so time-consuming, especially with an enormous cast, so I try to leave them in the same clothes unless absolutely necessary, LOL. Daya is an exception because she likes switching things up. I loved dressing up toddler Graham in glasses and the grey suit, though!

And yes, Saul was on pooper-scooper duty. Graham is very, very petty, punishing him for his hirsuteness. ;) Thaddeus would not have been in for a pleasant experience alone with Graham.

@InfraGreen Poor dadless manchildren. :( At least toddler Graham could finally achieve the impossible for you? ;)
    And Bianca has changed a lot...in her own Bianca way! She still doesn't care for silly men, but at least she can tolerate them when it suits her.

As for Isla...a little bit from column A, a little bit from column B.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Nooboos WitcHazard: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek toddler Graham I want one give me give me! :D

Lady WitcHazard: It's interesting how much Graham and I have in common! All are lives were forced into a category that no one feels like they need or wants which leads to a life of collecting and discarding frivolous things because we can never have want we truly want not in the past present or the future! What a truly frightening existence, atleast I have control of the longevity of my eternity sadly he does not!

Lover, Nooboos, Shipper and Dark: Lady! (Group hug)