Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @SeaDragonSong Good thing shipping is free Monday through Friday! <3

@MVWdeZT Of course Penny's (human) daughter needed some face-spots. That's a good point about working for Galatea--she's quiet and patient and probably wouldn't annoy Gal much. And working for Rhys would probably a bad idea, but that goes for any potential employee of his.

Well she would probably be annoyed until she realized that without Lyanna, she'd be very, very lonely :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @MrsRacooney That's true. ;) It's not like she's swimming in friends right now! Well, she has Daisy. And Finn. Kind of.

But I guess they have to meet first...! If they do~
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Do any of you download mountains of certain types of cc and wonder why afterward...? I think I just downloaded about 10+ wedding dresses. (Don't get excited--no one's getting married anytime soon. ...Or are they?)

I just remember being sad I didn't have any appropriately Bianca-style wedding dress for Bianca last gen, and it ain't happening this time around! ...If anyone gets married, that is.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Lol....there better be one or two or five weddings. >:)

And yes....I go in binges. It a sickness. We should form a CCA group! Hi. My name is Audrey and I am a CC Addict.....
  • Options
    @AudreyFld LOL, all the weddings!

Glad I'm not alone. It's even worse (better?) now that I can disable cc for random, so I don't have to worry about townies waltzing through the neighborhood in ballgowns. (Though Bianca would probably approve...) I swore I wouldn't fall into the cc abyss and tried to keep things light during Fangs 1, but now...there are so many pretty things! :'(
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @AudreyFld LOL, all the weddings!

Glad I'm not alone. It's even worse (better?) now that I can disable cc for random, so I don't have to worry about townies waltzing through the neighborhood in ballgowns. (Though Bianca would probably approve...) I swore I wouldn't fall into the cc abyss and tried to keep things light during Fangs 1, but now...there are so many pretty things! :'(

How do you disable cc for random townies? Through MCCC?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @pammiechick Different mod, actually! @InfraGreen helped me with it and now I can't live without it. <3<3 Well, it's a program rather than a mod--I don't know if you have Sims 4 Studio (I just got it recently), and you can do a batch fix that disables CC for random. (You have to be careful not to apply the fix to CC like default replacement skins or eyes, or any other default replacement stuff, so move those out of your mods folder first.)

It can also let you preview all the CC you already have, so if you're stuck with a really ugly hair and don't remember what the file is called, you can sift through your CC in Sims 4 Studio and delete it through there once you find it.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    [emerges]

Yes you can blacklist items (basically disabling for random, AFAIK) through MCCC but I've never used it. Just S4Studio's batch fixes.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I actually chose one set of cc fairy wings over another in Fangs 1 because one set was disabled for random and the other wasn't. You can imagine why. ;) (But now I may try using those too! They're allowed in my mods folder, at any rate.)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    A little late, oops. Here's Benedict's chapter...!
    4jzSWle.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    This is funny: How far into the depths of a special, coffee-brewing hell had he gone to inflict this order upon me? :D I agree Benny that order is impossible! :s Oh Benny I hope he finally gets his dream job! Three years as a barista is too long especially with orders like that! Should be very interesting working for Rhys and being around Dru if that's what happens.
    Haha at the stuff he still has on his desk. I guess for him it's a necessity now.
    I am looking forward to a chapter from Leopold's view. It will be nice to get his perspective of his brother.
  • Options
    @haswh LOL, no wonder he had to remake that order several times, right? Even a butler job to a total diva would be preferable to that... And he could be around Rhys and Dru! But somehow I doubt Rhys would be very patient with him and his inexperience as a butler.

I'm glad you like the tiny butler statue. ;)

I always look forward to introducing new PoVs, even if they scare me a little! And all we know about Leopold, we know from Benny. But he could still be just as bad as Benny thinks!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @LadyLobster I love that we can now downsize things as well as upscaling! I sure hope Leopold's not really like his brother thinks but then again it could make for a very interesting character! And there is no reason to be scared at all you write beautifully and keep us all here don't you! :)
  • Options
    @haswh You're too kind! <3<3<3 Sometimes it can take a little bit to jump from one character's head to the other, especially if they're wildly different, but eventually I settle in...

And I love being able to downsize things now. I should've gone back and downsized the giant dead goldfish in Count von Batstein's first chapter, but the size was funny. Took up the whole bowl...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    @haswh You're too kind! <3<3<3 Sometimes it can take a little bit to jump from one character's head to the other, especially if they're wildly different, but eventually I settle in...

And I love being able to downsize things now. I should've gone back and downsized the giant dead goldfish in Count von Batstein's first chapter, but the size was funny. Took up the whole bowl...

Haha, it was perfect as is!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong Well, easy for you to say--you didn't have to plunge that toilet afterward. >:)<3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Always remember to turn autonomy off, or your sims may ignore fences as thoroughly as they do your commands:

QL8Hoif.png

Leopold chapter tomorrow! Is he really as much of a nightmare as Benny believes--or worse? o:)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Awwww, Mr. Landon, that looks ALMOST comfortable!

Poor Benny! I feel sad that he feels the need to immediately decide his brother is out to get him all the time. It's so unfortunate that he's so jealous of Leo that he takes every movement or action as a dig against him. What a sad life, and exhausting! I am personally not sold that Leo is a villain--my guess is that he works for some glamorous celebrity (possibly Rhys? Hahaha!) who is impossibly picky about their coffee and doesn't want to get fired. I doubt he's making Benny work super hard just for the fun of it!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    @Haids5987 Poor Mr. Landon, always suffering. ;)

And poor Benny too! He really doesn't give Leo much of a chance. But maybe he doesn't deserve one...?

But you're probablyyyy right to not be sold on Leo as a villain. ;) And your guess may be right on the money, shhhh. Looking forward to you reading Leo's chapter!!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Leopold's first chapter!
    5YRqkQL.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Poor Benny! If Leopold is going to show up with that coffee order every day, he'll have to go for a jog in sunlight to calm his emotions and probably die. I think Leo should get his own espresso machine -- just to make sure the coffee is really hot when he spills it. But if Benny doesn't become Rhys's butler, whose butler will he be?
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Let's hope Benny gets a better job! Or Leo will definitely get a face full of coffee at the very least.

The espresso machine is a great idea, actually...who better than to make it than someone with a Lyons butler's high standards?

That's a very good question about who Benny will work for...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: I just loved Lyanna so positive yet so insecure it’s adorable and those dreams of Mr. Landon aka Orlando hope she takes charge and makes those dreams a reality! Also so Orlando isn’t actually present in these dreams is he or is it all just Lyanna’s imagination!

Next oh poor poor Benny! But that last shot in his heart boxers though! <3 And if he’s looking for a master like the one in his game then I think I’ll like Benny even more than I already do! Hope this job gives him the confidence boost he’s looking for! If it’s not Finn or Galetea who obviously could afford it I wonder what kind of master Benny will end up with!

Then handsome Leopold ends up being the perfect oblivious older sibling combination of both his parents! Clearly that’s not a good thing! I wonder how working with him do the bare minimum cousin and the overly giggling Daisy affect his future work ethic!

Dark WitcHazard: ugh Give me Galetea or Dru any day over Lyanna I don’t like whining but I’ll tolerate it except from goodie two shoes! Get your life together and if you want to band Orlando or Mr. Landon just go up to him and say hey are DTF!

As for Benny I love his misery it’s so laughable! Hope he finds a very sadistic master and is very devoted! Hehe!

Leopold love people who accidentally do more harm than good without realizing it it’s so adorable! I hope he continues with his misunderstanding of his brother’s woes!

Emotional WitcHazard: I just have to say this is Rosebrook levels of lack of communication on most of these characters! A little sit down and some chatting is what they all need to get al these misunderstandings out of the way but then where’s the joy in everyone doing the mature thing all the time!

Lover WitcHazard: I couldn’t agree more!

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Leopold is SO his parents’ son hahaha I love how you’ve given each kid their own unique personality, but we get to see clear influence from their parents (often in different ways, when it comes to the siblings!)

@WitcHazard I appreciate that the Rosebrooks have become the standard measurement of lack of communication :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

@WitcHazard LOL, I love how all the WitcHazards have such different opinions on everyone! Of course Lover would support Lyanna--but sadly, that Orlando only exists in her own dreams. The corny dialogue gives it away. ;) ...But he sure would like to visit her in those dreams. And Benny too needs some support. Hopefully his new employer will be to his liking?

And LOL, Leo is going to have a heck of a time picking up the slack for both Daisy and Dru. Poor guy!

And I don't blame Dark for preferring Gal or Dru, ha--or celebrating Benny's misery and Leopold's terribly applied good intentions. ROFL.

Rosebrook levels of lack of communication?! Ouch, that's pretty bad. ;)

@CitizenErased14 Setting the gold standard for miscommunication since 2015, eh? >:)

And I'm glad you think I've done a good job distinguishing their parents while still keeping some influences! That's something I really tried to do--I didn't want to have a bunch of clones of the Fangs 1 gang running around, as much as I love them.
    uduVcAP.png