Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to defense from vampire attack?

Comments

• Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Welp. I got one person keen on vampirism, and started studying (lore's at 2; I could order a tome but haven't yet); haven't had any visitations yet, but this thread is going to be fair warning. I'm not sure yet if I'll make her a vampire, but the guy she's gonna hook up with when they age up, I'm definitely going to have turned.

Maybe then it could be just random visit.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I know about the garlic garlands and wreaths, but I'm curious: Does anyone know if carrying garlic in a Sim's inventory will ward off vampires? Or does the game not really recognize it in a Sim's inventory?

No. Vampires don't detect garlic in their inventory. My vampire sim has it in her inventory from when she was a human but it never affects her like it does if it's in the room. I was actually disappointed in this, I really thought that it would be as if it was in her pocket and would make her sick.

Since garlic is used in some of the drink recipes, it makes sense that having garlic in the inventory wouldn't make them sick otherwise they'd be sick all the time when gathering drink ingredients.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    double post
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    TRIPLE post!!!! :s
  • Options
    TRIPLE post!!!! :s

Ohh that's why I got 3 new notifications! :D Awesome!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I vote freeze ray.

Finally I got a chance to use the sim ray to freeze sims. I waited until midnight and an elder F vampire was coming for hunting. I clicked on the vamp, and clicked,"freeze". Suddenly, the vampire gave up sneaking in, then just went back home. Maybe vampires are afraid of it. :D

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I moved in a family into the garlic-covered house in FH and Caleb appeared for the Welcome Wagon. He entered the house but just stood there, completely dazed, so the garlic does do its job.

And I've yet to witness a vampire break-in in my game.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I moved in a family into the garlic-covered house in FH and Caleb appeared for the Welcome Wagon. He entered the house but just stood there, completely dazed, so the garlic does do its job.

I was curious Caleb would have garlic immune power but you solved my question. :D That was funny that Caleb was your guest in welcome wagon. :)
  • Options
    WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    If you have CL the lot trait "Private Dwelling" SEEMS to keep vampires from entering a lot. The walk up and down the street outside, but don't seem to come onto the lot.

On the other hand the household I'm playing right is a half alien family and I think vampires and alien don't mix. So maybe that's why they don't enter the lot.

I wish this was true for my families. They have been visited. One of my other half alien families, right after I installed the GP Vlad knocked on the door. He did that for a few nights in a row.
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »

I was curious Caleb would have garlic immune power but you solved my question. :D That was funny that Caleb was your guest in welcome wagon. :)

Yes, he was dazed and the thought bubble indicated that it was the garlic that was troubling him, so garlic does indeed do its job.

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member

My experience is if you don't change Forgotten Hollow, then Caleb is always the only sim who comes as welcome wagon! I never saw Vlad checking in on new move ins. It was always Caleb. I am already counting on him each time I create a new sim to move in to FH. LOL
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

My experience is if you don't change Forgotten Hollow, then Caleb is always the only sim who comes as welcome wagon! I never saw Vlad checking in on new move ins. It was always Caleb. I am already counting on him each time I create a new sim to move in to FH. LOL

I guess because Vlad is loner :D
  • Options
    LOL I just created a new game in Willow Creek and guess what... The first night my sim meets Caleb outside while he was fishing, then suddenly his sister came along knocking at my door, I invited her in! Then after 2 minutes Vlad came by knocking and last but not least Caleb returned and knocked too. Funny enough they came inside before my sim could even use the invite in interaction :D LOL now I have 3 vampires in my sim's home let's see what happens next :D
  • Options
    LOL I just created a new game in Willow Creek and guess what... The first night my sim meets Caleb outside while he was fishing, then suddenly his sister came along knocking at my door, I invited her in! Then after 2 minutes Vlad came by knocking and last but not least Caleb returned and knocked too. Funny enough they came inside before my sim could even use the invite in interaction :D LOL now I have 3 vampires in my sim's home let's see what happens next :D

wow!! At the welcome wagon or for hunting?
  • Options

• Options

Nope the welcome wagon was 4 normal sims with fruit cake LOL
    At around 7 PM they all suddenly arrived one after the other, I suppose adding the Vampire Nexus trait to my home lot must have done this XD I also just saw Vlad doing this sneaky walk thing while my sim was actually awake! He was getting closer and when I sent her to bed he just suddenly disappeared, I wonder why he was sneaking, because nothing happened after that.
  • Options

Nope the welcome wagon was 4 normal sims with fruit cake LOL
    At around 7 PM they all suddenly arrived one after the other, I suppose adding the Vampire Nexus trait to my home lot must have done this XD I also just saw Vlad doing this sneaky walk thing while my sim was actually awake! He was getting closer and when I sent her to bed he just suddenly disappeared, I wonder why he was sneaking, because nothing happened after that.

Recently, vampires visit for hunting around midnight, but they suddenly change mind and go back home just in front of my house. At first time, I thought it's due to my active vampire on home lot. So I tested a few days ago. I let my 2 vamp sims stay in their friend's house, and I was staying with a human sim at home lot. After midnight, an elder vamp was sneaking for hunting. I asked my human sim to freeze the vamp with sim ray. Suddenly, the elder one has gone. A couple of days later, Caleb was sneaking for hunting. I didn't command anything to my active sims. Caleb just stopped hunting in front of my house, then went back his home. So now I'm guessing it could be a glitch? or just random pretend to hunt event? haha..

For Vlad, he never changed his mind while visiting my house. He had no problem to open my all locked house doors, then sucked my sims. The next day, I moved my sims into the gym in San Myshuno, Vlad visited there for hunting again. He was really fearful at that time. There was nothing to stop him hunting my sims until my sims finished Vampire Lore skill.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to witness vampire attacks in my game now that I'm controlling a new family. However, it's not Vlad but one of the other vampires. They always go to the furthest door to the rear and attack the same person!
  • Options
    I'm beginning to witness vampire attacks in my game now that I'm controlling a new family. However, it's not Vlad but one of the other vampires. They always go to the furthest door to the rear and attack the same person!
    If you don't want to offer blood by force, just plant 5-6 garlic plants in front of your house. Caleb won't be able to endure the garlic smell.

• Options
    gd2747gd2747 Posts: 3 New Member
    The same thing always happens to me!! If they're awake, the best thing to do is to use the phone to travel somewhere private (such as another sim's lot so they can't follow you) and stay there for an hour. If they're asleep, try buying garlic seeds, turning them into garlic bulbs and placing them around the bed. I dunno if this works but I do it and he hasn't come in yet soo...maybe it does? I dunno, might do, it's better than doing nothing! You should try it!
  • Options
    gd2747gd2747 Posts: 3 New Member
    Forgot to mention: my sims haven't done anything remotely to do with vampires, nor did they invite in Vlad(whateverhisnameis) but we still get him drinking my Sim's FLIPPING BLOOD every 24 hours if I don't do what my previous comment said XD
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Has anyone tried eating perfect evolved garlic? Either in it's raw form direct from the garden or eating foods like Garlic Noodles.
  • Options
    OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    So far what works for me is keeping the door locked for everyone but household members, the 2 times they were attacked was when the door was unlocked
  • Options
    gd2747 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention: my sims haven't done anything remotely to do with vampires, nor did they invite in Vlad(whateverhisnameis) but we still get him drinking my Sim's FLIPPING BLOOD every 24 hours if I don't do what my previous comment said XD

In my experience, Vlad sent me a message that my sims' neck is very tasty before visiting. Did you get that message from him on his 1st visit day?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    gd2747 wrote: »
    The same thing always happens to me!! If they're awake, the best thing to do is to use the phone to travel somewhere private (such as another sim's lot so they can't follow you) and stay there for an hour. If they're asleep, try buying garlic seeds, turning them into garlic bulbs and placing them around the bed. I dunno if this works but I do it and he hasn't come in yet soo...maybe it does? I dunno, might do, it's better than doing nothing! You should try it!

I'd like to recommend Sylvan Glade or Forgotten Grotto, or Sixam for those private places? :D But bad thing is that you're not allowed to travel to other place when the vampire is in visiting status.