Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Functional typewriter

So we can now build really cool gothic/Victorian mansions and computers just seem a bit too modern and out of place in that sort of home. It'd be great if we could have functional typewriters that would allow sims to still write but not do anything else computer related. This could be great for vintage builds or even hipster sims. Maybe they could add this in a future pack.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    Ooh I'd love to have typewriters available :open_mouth: I've had a few writer sims that just didn't seem at home in front of a computer.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I agree a typewriter would be great! There are cc ones available which work quite well. But an official one would be appreciated.
  • Options
    srosenmundsrosenmund Posts: 33 Member
    I agree a typewriter would be great! There are cc ones available which work quite well. But an official one would be appreciated.

Now I am going to have to go find the CC ones. Great idea though. I know many writers that detest the impersonal nature of writing on a computer.
    sims-sign.png
  • Options
    FrancisPuddingFrancisPudding Posts: 10 New Member
    I love this idea! Or even just something like a writing pad.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Finally!!

Found a typewriter that only lets sims write and no computer-stuff. This might just push me over the edge and let me start using CC.

http://srslysims.wixsite.com/srslysims/single-post/2016/11/03/Writers-Lore-Typewriter
  • Options
    AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    It looks great! I think I might try the CC one, though I am not using CC usually. But I have been craving typewriters for so long, really.
    I hope there will be one in a pack someday.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to I want
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Now I finally have it in my game <3

It works great, no bugs so far. There are only two options available when one sits down to write, to write a book or practice writing.

I am just so so happy right now! I don't want all my sims to have the gaming-skill, I wish for that to be something special for those sims who really invest time and effort into it. When every single sim has a smartphone and use it all the time, when every single library has games and trolling the forum on their computer it has been hard work. MCCC and not using the computer or phone when not allowed is great but this is so much better. Now I can let my writer-sims have access to their workstation without the lure of computer games.

Maybe one day we will have a stuff pack with items like this, would buy it in a second.
  • Options

09-14-17_9-23-43%C2%A0AM.png?psid=1

09-14-17_9-24-14%C2%A0AM.png?psid=1

Forgot to add the pics :D