Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @Songwolf666 -- you are not late to the party! Many folks are joining Murkland each day and many of them have used the #Murkland hashtag in the gallery so you can add camps to Nukecrest, if you like.

To answer your question about why you can't grow anything besides trash plants. First, that makes the challenge harder. But, second, and more interesting, if you are looking into my background story -- the government is telling you other types of plants will not grow and you need to follow the rules of the Murkland society. However, it is up to you as a Murkland Salamander if you believe what you are being told. There are some indications that other plants will grow in the radioactive soil. However, for challenge 1 you are only allowed to grow trash plants and the mayor will come and confiscate any illegal plants ;)

I noticed how many are lining up, its so cool. :D My Hubby was watching me tear down and rebuild Springs last night with some serious interest. :D And I love the backstory!! That was pretty much what I was wondering. I shall horde me seeds for now from Granite Falls and waiting until sneaking growing in secret is more.... approve? :P

And thanks for the welcome everyone :D So glad to be here !!

EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    murkla11.jpg

Whoot!! First challenge complete. Waiting for challenge two o:)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Congratulations to @spacey72659for getting a Maxis Fav for Pond No CC

Woot! Woot!

18268461_1902325323361242_8577273894848765680_n.jpg?oh=66a520719fe2cd3e2efca61660973500&oe=5981FB0F

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D85405E921F011E78A2B6507D17699C4

OOOOH YAY! Thanks for posting this. Never had a Maxis fave (Thanks for nominating me :))
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    My humble apologies for spamming this thread, but I tend to play and write my Murkland save one in-game week at a time.
    From now on, I'll post all 3 or 4 chapter links for an in-game week at once.
    But today, this is my last chapter for this week:

Chapter 1.15 PlantSlumming

qBW0z0S.jpg
  • Options
    @BUTTONSGINGER
    Congrats to you for completing the Starter Challenge!

---

About #BooksforMurkland

So I downloaded FredBenny's charming library basement room and I just hate to take her books out and delete the room.
    If any of you have downloaded her room, what have you done?
    Build stairs and add a locked door so only your sim can go down there?
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen
    Thanks for the PlantSim survival tips. I'm wondering if "Valeda as PlantSim not being able to nap anywhere" was a glitch...
    She is rather unique :wink:

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Congrats Buttonsinger on completing challenge 1!

@Shizu9no1 - read your new chapter. Oshizu looks like she is doing quite well as a plant sim! I should have sent Jaxton or Aspen over to warn her about the results of sleeping in a pee bush! LOL :wink::smiley:
  • Options
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

I really enjoyed your latest update!
    The shot of you and your sales table surrounded by sims chatting and doing push-ups was so funny!
    Thanks for placing oshizu in the Artist Colony by @SoulGal7 . It's such a great lot!

Awww, I'm actually sad that Jaxton's story will be ending soon! Don't forget the Side Challenge!

Question:
    When my sim plants and waters trash fruit at other lots, other sims immediately throw away the trash piles.
    Is the trick to only plant them on your first visit, then come back later to water them after they've sprouted?
    *runs off to try that now

• Options

The shot of you and your sales table surrounded by sims chatting and doing push-ups was so funny!
    Thanks for placing oshizu in the Artist Colony by @SoulGal7 . It's such a great lot!

Awww, I'm actually sad that Jaxton's story will be ending soon! Don't forget the Side Challenge!

Question:
    When my sim plants and waters trash fruit at other lots, other sims immediately throw away the trash piles.
    Is the trick to only plant them on your first visit, then come back later to water them after they've sprouted?

ohh on other neighbor lots I plant them from the trash fruit in my inventory .... it's the only way to plant them on your neighbor's lots, because they will throw away the trash pile before it sprouts. I am pretty sure that is OK as long as you only plant them from trash piles on your own lot. ... or at least I hope that is OK with Brennachan ... lets ask her to make sure ... I hope I didn't break any rules :blush:
  • Options

Question:

ohh on other neighbor lots I plant them from the trash fruit in my inventory .... it's the only way to plant them on your neighbor's lots, because they will throw away the trash pile before it sprouts. I am pretty sure that is OK as long as you only plant them from trash piles on your own lot. ... or at least I hope that is OK with Brennachan ... lets ask her to make sure ... I hope I didn't break any rules :blush:

Spreading the trash fruit love! Awesome! =) I have problems with the local vampires breaking in and cleaning up my trash before it can sprout. :(
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @shizu9no1 - wow! Great stories! And you finally became a plant sim. So cool! And that is pretty cool about planting the plantsim seed and getting a new tree with lots of seeds on it! Congrats on not dying as a plant sim! lol

@tammyjo329 -enjoyed your latest story on Jaxton. Can't believe he is almost done! Woot! That is fantastic!

@EuphorialQueen - congrats on completing Challenge 1.

@BUTTONSGINGER - congrats on completing Challenge 1.

@Songwolf666 - welcome to Murkland! Never too late to join in the murky fun!

And to all those who received Maxis favs - congrats to you! Great job!

Should have a new chapter up by the weekend...maybe I'll be like @Shizu9no1 and roll out 3 chapters...lol...wow! I don't think so though, but maybe two...

Have a murky day everyone!
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 - Congrats on the Maxis fav. I have downloaded her as my neighbor in Nukecrest!
  • Options
    @Songwolf666 you can build a fence to keep everyone including your sim from throwing away the trash piles, but you will need a fence that is closed all the way down to the ground .. those farmer fences that are open at the bottom don't work your sim and neighbors will reach right underneath it to get at your trash!!
  • Options
    A new chapter is up for Kate's misadventures in Murkland. Enjoy!
    http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/05/murkland-chapter-13-sunday.html
  • Options
    Yeah a new chapter in Kate's story! Loved the new chapter and congrats on having so many of your plants evolving so quickly!
  • Options
    Reading the blogs (love all your stories btw, so very awesome and fun) I am a little confused? Anything you see do you have to sell at the table, not from your inventory, and can you by things from the 'build buy' or is it just the stuff from the Merch shop? I just don't want to mess up :P
  • Options
    Reading the blogs (love all your stories btw, so very awesome and fun) I am a little confused? Anything you see do you have to sell at the table, not from your inventory, and can you by things from the 'build buy' or is it just the stuff from the Merch shop? I just don't want to mess up :P

You can sale from both your inventory and the YS table as well as buy things from both buildbuy and the mercantile store. Have fun getting murky!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am waaaay behind on everything .. but I will be back in here tomorrow to catch up!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

You can sale from both your inventory and the YS table as well as buy things from both buildbuy and the mercantile store. Have fun getting murky!

Thank you! I thought I'd messed up - my YS table glitched, so I was selling some stuff from my inventory just because I didn't want to save and quit :D
  • Options
    @Songwolf666 - do you have a sim in the Gallery that I can download? I like to place sims as neighbors and then visit them in my story. Let me know :)
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
  • Options
    murkla11.jpg

Whoot!! First challenge complete. Waiting for challenge two o:)

AMAZING! Woot! Woot! YAY!!!
  • Options
    My humble apologies for spamming this thread, but I tend to play and write my Murkland save one in-game week at a time.
    From now on, I'll post all 3 or 4 chapter links for an in-game week at once.
    But today, this is my last chapter for this week:

Chapter 1.15 PlantSlumming

qBW0z0S.jpg

@Shizu9no1 -- Cute story! And yay!
  • Options
    @BUTTONSGINGER
    Congrats to you for completing the Starter Challenge!

---

About #BooksforMurkland

So I downloaded FredBenny's charming library basement room and I just hate to take her books out and delete the room.
    If any of you have downloaded her room, what have you done?
    Build stairs and add a locked door so only your sim can go down there?

@Shizu9no1 -- you can add stairs under the library and put her room there. I agree it's a lovely room!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top