Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite apartment buildings?

I've personally had a pretty hard time finding apartments that I like, AND that have no issues in game.
I notice the ones that came with LN tend to get sims stuck, and alot of builders don't really play much so do some kind of wierd stuff just cause it looks nice.
I haven't spent as much time in LN style apartments as I would like because of reasons like this, and also, it seems pretty hard to adjust any of them for particular families, and most are small.

P.S. I love screenshots if you want to show off any you built. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Apartments are much nicer in Roaring Heights. Much larger and more functional. It also does not have routing issues like Bridgeport.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I might get shouted down for this, but there is one apartment building in Bridgeport that I really like. It's the one with six roommates, the "Drama on TV" household, called the Trawler Lodge. When you exit the elevator, you are in sort of a common area with doors leading to the various bedrooms, a living room, and a large kitchen. The apartment takes up the entire floor of the building.

I haven't noticed sims getting into trouble getting stuck in that one and, even if you have no use for the silly drama that its initial inhabitants provide, the layout might be fun to work with in other ways.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Drama_on_TV_household
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I've personally had a pretty hard time finding apartments that I like, AND that have no issues in game.
    I notice the ones that came with LN tend to get sims stuck, and alot of builders don't really play much so do some kind of wierd stuff just cause it looks nice.
    I haven't spent as much time in LN style apartments as I would like because of reasons like this, and also, it seems pretty hard to adjust any of them for particular families, and most are small.

P.S. I love screenshots if you want to show off any you built. :smile:

The apartments that come with storybrook county are nice imo. I haven't seen weird stuff and one of the is a loft. I redecorated some. The lobbies are also nice and some have couches or washing machines in the common area which I like.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Some of the roaring heights apartments are cool to me, especially the one with the dungeon in the basement lol. but overall I like the shell type better, but I've seen some cool penthouse lots with masterfully done fake shells.

@igazor that was the first apartment I ever remodeled when I started in bridgeport, I like it too. :smile:

@06Bon06 Mysimsrealty really does have a lot of good lots, I find myself almost always using at least one of their lots in any world I set up.

Do you guys ever look at the maps in game and think it would need some apartment buildings for immersion sake? Theres nothing like having a ton of workers in your town who don't actually live anywhere, but are still "home world residents" lol.
  • Options
    vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    I like Powell House in Bridgeport.
  • Options
    KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    @06Bon06 Storybrook County? I haven't seen that one for purchase. I'm trying to buy up all the worlds.. I think I am missing Lunar Lakes, Lucky Palms, and Monte Vista.
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    Kitiara wrote: »
    @06Bon06 Storybrook County? I haven't seen that one for purchase. I'm trying to buy up all the worlds.. I think I am missing Lunar Lakes, Lucky Palms, and Monte Vista.

That is a world made by a sims player that includes everything from all the eps. It has a city and suburban district so it everything I always wanted.

Lucky palms is a lot of fun and monet vista is gorgeous, never played that much in lunar lakes but it looks cool.
  • Options
    @06Bon06 do you know where i can find this? Now I must have it lol

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    Kitiara wrote: »
    @06Bon06 do you know where i can find this? Now I must have it lol

http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_StorybrookCounty.html

Here you go ^^ I've been having a blast. Do download the camping grounds too. I think it is cool and a fun getaway for your sims.
  • Options
    thanks so much!!!!

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I think the main problem with stuck sims in high rise buildings, both apartments and bars, is because there are too many sims trying to use the elevator at the same time. If you are comfortable with building then there is a relatively easy solution - install a second bank of elevators.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    @cwaddell I dunno, most times I've tried using "The Glass Pillar" for example, sims tend to get stuck in the hidden area on the ground floor.