Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone heard of Bonanza? (Online site, not the TV show ^_^ )

PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
I had this in another thread, but it got buried, so I just wanted to ask quickly:

I was thinking of picking up OR, but money is tight (long story short: crashed my car, it's totalled, insurance covered some of it, still on the hook for the rest, and now have two car payments a month, along with other normal bills - yay adulting!). ANYWAY, Origin has it for $20, but I found it online as a bundle with kitchen stuff for a little under $17.

Thing is, I've never heard of Bonanza. Has anyone else? I am not a fan of buying online with a credit card (unless it is something known and trusted, like Amazon), and don't really want to spend $17 I could be buying groceries with on a questionable site.

Or should I just wait for Origin to have another sale? They come around frequently enough. Here is a link to the Bonanza:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Sims-4-Bundle-Outdoor-Retreat-Cool-Kitchen-Stuff-PC-2015-Brand-New-/424941641?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984043821&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o5&ad_type=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAwfzDBRCRmJe7z_7h8yQSJAC4corOsh3cvpFiixqGLPrfDXz2k6AlU4K5fsJ9uyffIFfFYxoCot3w_wcB
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
Post edited by Piperbird on

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I don't know about that site but I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles! I am assuming you are ok besides the hit to the pocket and I'm very happy about that!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2017
    you could look around the web to see if it's legit, though I'd be careful about buying from unknown stores that sell games & codes for really cheap because some of them are gray market stores. edit: I've never heard of this store btw
  • Options
    Yes, I'm fine, thank you! ^_^ Minor injuries, the airbags did exactly what they were supposed to do. And financially, I'm hanging in there. Bills are paid, fridge is full, pets are healthy, but the extra treat money is so tight that I really have to do my research and shop around for the best deal. This SEEMS like a good deal, but there's just little warning bells going off in the back of my head, you know? I've even asked around with my friends and co-workers, and no one seems to know this site. Maybe patience will be better, wait for Origin, I know I can trust Origin.
  • Options
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    you could look around the web to see if it's legit, though I'd be careful about buying from unknown stores that sell games & codes for really cheap because some of them are gray market stores. edit: I've never heard of this store btw

Yeah, in my researching I found loads of sites with the game for free, and I was just like "nope, nope, nope, navigate away from that mess!"

It's OK. I waited two years for the mermaid blanket I wanted to come down in price, I can wait longer for a game. :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    I am sorry I don't know more, but I am very glad you aren't seriously hurt! When my daughter complains I tell her that Adulting Sucks and it really does! I hope you can get it soon cause it's fun to take our sims camping! Nothing like watching them suffer with poison ivy to make us giggle ;).

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I am sorry I don't know more, but I am very glad you aren't seriously hurt! When my daughter complains I tell her that Adulting plum and it really does! I hope you can get it soon cause it's fun to take our sims camping! Nothing like watching them suffer with poison ivy to make us giggle ;).

Thanks! I mostly want it for the build items and for the collecting aspects. I am excited to collect bugs. And I've had an idea for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 camp that has been buzzing in my head for a while. I've done a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon before and loved it, and would like to expand on that, and I want to use the bonfire and outhouse for it. OR has the rustic type stuff that appeals to me. And I love any game where you can fish, so adding more fish is always a bonus in my book. I can play Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon for HOURS, just fishing. It's so relaxing!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's only £9.99 on UK Amazon atm. Not sure what that is converted, but might be cheaper if you just want the GP?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sims-Outdoor-Retreat-PC-Code/dp/B01A9H5Q8O/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1485014090&sr=1-1&keywords=sims+outdoor+retreat

UK price also includes VAT (Sales Tax)

Normal GP price is £14.99, so you potentially save a third.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, I was thinking you were talking about the old show on TV years ago......Bonanza :D:D:D

Wow, sorry about your luck, when it rains it pours!

I went to the link, but I have not heard of that one (neither has my daughter, she uses Amazon and I checked it and its $25.98) . My kids use Amazon for a lot of stuff, but Bonanza does look legit, so my daughter took over and I though "Will I ever get my computer back". She acted like she was going to buy shoes, it does say its Accredited Business, Norton, and one other secure thing, so it does seem legit (I think my Mac would have flagged me if it was a bad site)

Origin does have sales often, maybe around Valentines (which is next holiday to come up)
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    There's ebay as well. Tho you'll need to know what to look for so you don't get it off a scammer, tho Ebay has a protection against that, meaning if you get scammed, you get money back I believe. Never heard of that site either.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Always listen to those warning bells. So glad you are ok and things will be fine , good luck finding what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sorry to hear about the accident but at least you are ok. That is always the most important thing. I know nothing of the site you mention. Gut feeling if you have never heard of it then leave well alone. My credit card company is pretty good at contacting me if I make an unusual on line purchase but not all companies are as good. Origin appear to have regular sales if you are prepared to hold on a little :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Piper, I finally got hold of my son and he isn't aware of the site either. He thinks one of his friends may have mentioned it, but if a bunch of teen/ya boys don't know of it then I'd be cautious. I swear those boys know of every site possible to help them feed their gaming addictions!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited January 2017
    An amazing site is Cdkeys. You can get the bundle packs that are originally exclusive to certain regions for a little over $20. Check it out.

http://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sims+4
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @Piperbird Check your PM. You have a gift. :)
  • Options
    @Simanite that is so awesome! I wanted to but I'd just bought my daughter CL so my extra spending money was used up. You are awesome!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @Piperbird Check your PM. You have a gift. :)

You're a gem. :smile:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    I honestly don't know what to say. Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you! (I keep typing and erasing because I don't know what to say)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    I honestly can't decide if I want to start a new game and just start collecting bugs or go right to build mode and play with the new items!
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited January 2017
    That was so nice of you @Simanite! @piperbird I know I'm late but as far as the site I can only speak from the sellers side. My husband and I use to sell stuff there a few years back so I know it's a legit site. I never actually purchased anything from there but I guess it's sort of like ebay in a sense that it just depends on the seller. I can't remember what the buyer protection is like. I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end and you didn't have to gamble with a site you are unfamiliar with. By the way I love your builds! :-)
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2017
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I had this in another thread, but it got buried, so I just wanted to ask quickly:

I was thinking of picking up OR, but money is tight (long story short: crashed my car, it's totalled, insurance covered some of it, still on the hook for the rest, and now have two car payments a month, along with other normal bills - yay adulting!). ANYWAY, Origin has it for $20, but I found it online as a bundle with kitchen stuff for a little under $17.

Thing is, I've never heard of Bonanza. Has anyone else? I am not a fan of buying online with a credit card (unless it is something known and trusted, like Amazon), and don't really want to spend $17 I could be buying groceries with on a questionable site.

Or should I just wait for Origin to have another sale? They come around frequently enough. Here is a link to the Bonanza:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Sims-4-Bundle-Outdoor-Retreat-Cool-Kitchen-Stuff-PC-2015-Brand-New-/424941641?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984043821&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o5&ad_type=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAwfzDBRCRmJe7z_7h8yQSJAC4corOsh3cvpFiixqGLPrfDXz2k6AlU4K5fsJ9uyffIFfFYxoCot3w_wcB

What do they want for it on Amazon? I'd stick to something reliable and that you know. Nevermind, it was $25 on Amazon.

• Options
    Thank you, @BossLady0309! I am going through the build mode items now, I am over the moon at all the stone and wood items. I keep gasping, "I love it!". My cat is curled up sleeping next to me, and keeps giving me that one eye open look each time I do, in that way only cats can express their annoyance. He'll get over it. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Sorry to hear about your car. Yes, 'adulting' can be hard. I have to admit, I've not heard of this site called Bonanza. I was drawn to your thread because I thought you meant the old TV show by that title. Thought you had made Sims of the characters, perhaps. Oh, well. Glad to know you're okay, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    MMORGA is a good site, I bought both my EP's there for £20 each, and they do bundles AND you can pay with your cell phone bill.

--T
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Thank you, @BossLady0309! I am going through the build mode items now, I am over the moon at all the stone and wood items. I keep gasping, "I love it!". My cat is curled up sleeping next to me, and keeps giving me that one eye open look each time I do, in that way only cats can express their annoyance. He'll get over it. :)

I knew you would like this one @Piperbird! Have fun with all the B/B, CAS and Collecting!
    ~ ~ ~