Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Way to Disable Gender Influencing

SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Please give us a way to disable gender influencing! My sims autonomously change the station to alternative and I was having nothing but boys in the game even though I don't have click on the radio and listen to it. I disabled all the songs in the alternative station but they just listen to a silent station and have boys...literally no girls. I've had to delete ALL radios in my game so that there's no gender influencing.

I have autonomy turned off and they still change the channel. I make them turn it back to classical and then bam, it's back to alternative. I don't like influencing my game. I like the sims to have whatever gender they were meant to have.

I also don't not enjoy having all one gender. Can we please have the ability to disable this in the game if we don't want it? I miss letting my sims have a radio.

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Eat yo' strawberries.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Eat yo' strawberries.

That is not a solution. I don't want any gender influencing (obviously) in my game. I want it to be random. Especially for my Legacy Challenge.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Then don't listen to the radio?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Then don't listen to the radio?

I'm not instructing them to. They turn it on themselves. I have autonomy turned off (stated above) so they should not be turning the radio on or changing the station.

I cannot have my sims purchase a radio at all anymore because of it (again, clearly stated above)

While not owning a radio "fixes" the problem for me, I would still like for my sims to be able to own a radio. I shouldn't have to deny my sims the chance to have music because the game needs a fix here. Either they need a toggle to disable gender influence or they need to fix autonomy so that my sims aren't turning on the radio or changing the station.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Just get rid of all stereos in your house while your sim is pregnant. Or don't allow her to be near a stereo. Pregnancy doesn't last for too long, it should be easy to avoid listening to radio.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    A toggle for people who want gender to be 100% random is a good idea. However, for now, locking your stereo up in a spare room (or just hiding it in the space under the roof) is probably the best quick-and-dirty fix in the short term.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.