Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Just Good Friends" Relationship-- Is it a Bug?

klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
Hi,
I've been experiencing what I believe to be a bug in my saves periodically over the past few months, and it seems to have escalated with the last patch. If a sim hasn't interacted with another sim for a period of time, I understand that the relationship will decay. I know that the game tends to tack on more relationship labels (ie. acquaintances, friends, etc.) on top of prior ones, which is where the "bug" begins. I have a sim who has five good friends, all of which will acquire the "just good friends" label after a bit of relationship decay. The game still recognizes them as primarily good friends, but adds the "just good friends" label to the list. From other threads I've seen, the "just good friends" relationship seems to insinuate there may have at one time been a romantic interaction that was rejected, leading the sims to be "friendzoned" in a sense. However, I know for sure there were never any romantic advances between the sims who've acquired the label. I've also seen this label pop up between child-aged sims (just after the last patch), which makes me think it could be a bug. If the sims interact again, the label does vanish and they're back to primarily being good friends. It's not a huge annoyance, I just find it odd, especially now that it's effecting children's relationships in the game. As I mentioned above, I've seen some other threads discussing a similar issue with this label, but not one that mentions this happening between sims who've never been romantic.

Is this something that's supposed to happen? If not, is it a known bug and have I missed a thread discussing it? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

*EDIT* I've just realized there's a bug and gameplay issues thread. I somehow missed it when writing this thread. If someone can move it to the proper category, please do. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Post edited by klestrella on