Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question For fans of TS4: does it ever bother you?

Does it ever bother you how much people who prefer ts3 are always comparing it to ts4? Or saying its a bad game to people who havent played it yet? I never liked the sims 3 but i didnt beat others up over the head with it.

I happen to think ts4 is superior because the art style and graphics are much better, the create a sim feature is very detailed, personalities are amazing, so on and so on. But it gets kind of tiring to see ts3 fans constantly saying "oh well its not ts3, sims 3 is better."

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Everyone is different. That's the beauty of the Sims franchise: There is something for everyone to like or dislike. But one thing that can't be changed is how each Simmer has his or her favorite parts of the game and tend to ignore or mod the things they don't like. We have choices and that is my favorite part of all. I play TS2, TS3 and TS4 and I really don't care how other Simmers feel about any of them. LOL My game on my computer and it is my private business is how I look at it. Just enjoy your games and let the criticisms roll of your back. Someone will always have a negative comment no matter what game they play. :)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    That sort of thing used to bother me more. Now, not so much. I mean, I'm human. It's not like it means nothing to me. But I pretty much ignore it, or try to expand the conversation on it into more detail.

At the end of the day, I'm playing the game because I want to, not because somebody else does. That's really important to me and wasn't always true in my life.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Just give the players some time to enjoy toddlers and THEN you can start threads that will likely attract those who prefer TS3.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Everyone is different. That's the beauty of the Sims franchise: There is something for everyone to like or dislike. But one thing that can't be changed is how each Simmer has his or her favorite parts of the game and tend to ignore or mod the things they don't like. We have choices and that is my favorite part of all. I play TS2, TS3 and TS4 and I really don't care how other Simmers feel about any of them. LOL My game on my computer and it is my private business is how I look at it. Just enjoy your games and let the criticisms roll of your back. Someone will always have a negative comment no matter what game they play. :)

I agree with most of your points. Although it wasnt my favorite, I never criticized or talked down to anyone because they like sims 3. But i do see sims 3 fans belittling people who like sims 4, quite often. I also wouldnt describe sims 3 as a all around bad game, like sims 3 fans do with sins 4.

I truly do believe in to each their own, but when there is so much negativity over a game its nuts. Especially when no one is making anyone play either one of them.

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I do love sims 3 rpg style gameplay. But ts3 is unplayable after a few EPS...

Ts4 I still have faith in it , hopefully it will be as good or even better than ts2.
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    I think it has to due with the age groups as of the releases of the two game.
    The Sims 3 released in a time where the internet was still somewhat social and computer gamers where of the older variety vs console gamers.
    Sims 4 had to deal with the "my way or its wrong" younger generation of games.
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    That and EA has made a habit of disappointing its customer for the last few years with half finished games and lack of content unless you buy into there online pay-to-play systems. So alot of this anger is more then likely directed at EA and you just happen to be in the way.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Ya, it does get annoying if they go overboard and keep on trying to make their opinion look like a fact and anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb or being in denial.

But if they make a reasonable comparison and are understanding, then I don't mind at all.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    There are loads of positive thread on this forum that are left alone by negative posters. You don't see the same posters entering these threads over and over and over to tell the posters in them that they are wrong for enjoying The Sims 4. Yet this happens with every negative thread; always posters will turn up (and you can usually predict who they will be) to attack and then when they are challenged will claim they are merely pushing back, stopping the spread of misinformation, are entitled to post where they want, or claim they are being bullied.
    I believe in things being portrayed accurately and I don't believe this is that.

There are actions taken from many different angles and no perspective is "safe" from criticism. On the flip side, no perspective is "safe" from affirmation.

The community is complicated and expansive.

You're not the only one who has written words in the realm of implying that there are sides and one is worse than the other. You won't be the last.

I think we need to remind ourselves every once in a while that there are no sides. There are just feelings and sometimes those feelings match up, other times they don't. There are people on this forum I've disagree with in the past who could be the friendliest of pals tomorrow because something gets implemented that is a game-changer for them. That's how flimsy the "sides" really are.

We're all sims fans, one way or another. We have that in common. Sometimes we're going to disagree and there's nothing wrong with that, and sometimes people will go too far, and that's just human nature. All we can do is each try to do our best to treat each other with respect and give the benefit of the doubt where possible. And just to be real here, cause I feel like I'm writing a monologue for a movie, there's the occasional person in the community who I have difficulty respecting because of some way they act or some attitude they have. I would bet, statistically speaking, there are some people in the community who feel that way about me.

We can't always be like our creepily happy sims. But let's try to avoid this stuff about "sides" and implying better or worse, even though it's hard as heck to do sometimes.

I believe the OP's intent here was just to find out if there were people who shared in their experience. Shared experience is a powerful thing and sometimes you end up with circumstances that are hard to describe, even to a close friend. Often shared experience is not about finding a solution, but about feeling like somebody gets it and you can release your feelings somewhat. I would dare to say it's the backbone of what keeps that mega family play thread standing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    deaallendeaallen Posts: 16 Member
    As a builder TS3 is far superior on so many levels, however I prefer the sims 4. It makes you try and find different ways of building. And I find I'm playing with the live mode a lot more in ts4 over 3.

The one feature I miss is the terrain options, I'm unable to recreate my cliff hanging house from ts3 :(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It never bothered me until the time I got 'attacked' by someone. If people are just giving their opinions, then that is fine. But to make personal nasty comments; not so nice.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I depends how it's brought up really. To me it's a bit sensitive subject because too often it comes with belittling those who like TS4. Saying that they gush over everything and are incapable of providing critical feedback because they have lower standards is one common example of that.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No, it doesn't bother me. All the series are good, to me, in their own way.

I just figure the ones that bash them, really can't play them due to lag, etc. I was blessed with having little or no problems with each one. I got plenty of enjoyment from each Series ;)

I wouldn't say Sims4 is my favorite.......yet! But it gets better as time goes by!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    It doesn't really bother me tbh as everyone has their own opinions on things and like different things
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Nope. I know TS4 is the superior game, so I don't care what others think.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    People just like what they like. Some people think one game is better than another while others don't. In the end, one has to make their own judgment call. As long as one is having fun whatever Sims Game one is playing that is what is important.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    When Sims 4 first came out, I would compare and complain about it not being like/similar to Sims 3. But now, I feel it's more a stand along game with Sims features. I roll with the good/ bad in Sims 4. I really like the game in all and feel it's getting better(game play). It has always been above the rest(Sims 1,2 and 3) when it comes to graphics and few another components in it. Nothing in life or games is going to be PERFECT...
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I think its hard not to compare it with previous instalment, its not only Sims where people do that but all games that has sequels etc. Its something I think people do because they either liked or disliked the previous one and just want the next one to be good, because the concept of the game is good.

When Sims 4 came out I couldn't help it feeling a bit empty, not much content and not that much they could do. I knew this was a case of missing all the stuff packs and expansion packs etc. I then compared the previous game with how the sims handled actions (in the previous games a sim could only do 1 thing at a time) and found out I really liked the multitasking feature.
    In honesty sims 3 ran quite badly for me (got an high end, still ran bad with skip lags etc) so I was so happy to not have that in my game that I was happy with whatever almost XD
    I did however miss pets and toddlers.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top