Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons hint in toddler book? Or just a subtle reference to Game of Thrones? :p

NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
The description for the toddler book "When is Winter" reads:
Is it spring? Not now, but soon. Is it fall? Perhaps by noon? Is it summer? The heat, seems likely. When is winter? Who knows, but it's coming.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2017
    Oops, double post sorry.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    I've heard somewhere that they aren't adding hints in game, but if that's not a hint I don't know what is!
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I've heard them say they aren't adding hints in game, but if I were to put money on it, I would say we are getting pets sometime this year and then seasons early next year.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think we might get 2 EPs this year, Pets in the summer and Seasons in the winter. After today I believe anything's possible for TS4 and we will be pleasantly surprised again
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don't know. We got toddlers yesterday, out of nowhere. Part of me is still tender wants wants to say 'I don't get my hopes up' but after yesterday... I can't really help myself anymore. I'm so excited and Seasons is not something I personally get excited over!

I'll give one thing to TS4 for sure; it knows how to make *us* have emotions. Lol.

--T
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Yup. I agree with Mika, this is like a whole Sims revolution where hopes are high and we can no longer assume the worst every time hahaha. Like... can you believe they gave us pretty complex toddlers...out of the blue... for free? WHAT

I can imagine that Seasons will be coming. Code for pets has been patched in apparently, so that will probably come first.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    This updates open my hopes for everything, but that's probably just GoT reference. That didn't stop me from being excited for seasons though.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    I don't believe that they don't put hints in. The last 3 packs have featured clothing with dogs and cats on them.
  • Options
    DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    They ALWAYS say the don't add hints.... Of course they deny it. I think it's quite funny actually. I like it being like this.

As for the toddler book, It does sound like a hint but it might not be, I don't watch GOT so perhaps it's a reference and I don't know it haha
  • Options
    KayytKayyt Posts: 118 Member
    I feel the same... After this it kinda shows that they listen to us and I've read A LOT of comments expecting to have to pay for toddlers but we didn't! So the possibility is definitely out there if we voice our wants enough

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I'm sure that we'll get pets and seasons in some form. Both were popular packs. I'd place my bet on pets coming earlier, because there are some suggestions that they've been working on it. I'd never bet on 2 EPs per year, because the production schedule doesn't really allow for it. Seasons also came pretty late in TS3's development cycle.

Seasons are also a bit tougher to pull off, because the world works differently in 4. I'm not saying that it can't or shouldn't be done, only that it will take some creative solutions to incorporate the content in a satisfying way. I'd also almost like to see different settings for different play fields. No snow in Oasis Springs, for example. I also don't want all of seasons content to make the cut. The random spontaneous combustions were a bit silly and over the top for my tastes.
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    Seems like a GoT reference to me...
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don't think they will make 2 individual EPs like Pets and Seasons. I think they will combine them into some sort of nature EP.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    FrootyDiamondFrootyDiamond Posts: 15 Member
    I reallllly think we might be getting seasons & pets. I hope its an update like toddlers but it might be an expansion like in the sims 3. I also hope we get generations, that was the best EP in the sims 3 and i wanna see it come back
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    They always claim they don't put hints in game but we know better than that :smiley:
  • Options
    sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    I reallllly think we might be getting seasons & pets. I hope its an update like toddlers but it might be an expansion like in the sims 3. I also hope we get generations, that was the best EP in the sims 3 and i wanna see it come back

Sorry to ruin it for you, but EA would never give that for free. I am pretty sure that Season and Pets are the most populated EPs
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    Thoughts?
    It's like a lot of the other book titles:

The Lord of the Swings
    The frequently ending story
    Lucas Dark and the increasingly unlikely series of coincidences
    A game of musical chairs: A song of hot and cold
    A game of groans
    How I dumped your father
    Atlas Hugged
    The Sauntering Dead

They're all just a little bit familiar.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think its just a game of thrones reference myself. I think people have seen the word winter and assumed its a hint towards seasons.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I think we might get 2 EPs this year, Pets in the summer and Seasons in the winter. After today I believe anything's possible for TS4 and we will be pleasantly surprised again

I hope so I would love that! Especially as we only got one ep last year.