Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    JacoSurJacoSur Posts: 48 Member
    I dont really like pets... However, I think most of the simmers like them, so, good news for you!
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I think pets are coming this year and this year will be a prime year.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    thundergimmickthundergimmick Posts: 140 Member
    Toddlers and pets..
    The excitement!
    tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It is just possible that either:

- they'll be in a GP, not an EP

- they'll be in an EP along with other types of animals (I know a lot of simmers want farm animals - a good way to combine these with regular domestic pets would be in an EP.)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I now have a will to live
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

- they'll be in an EP along with other types of animals (I know a lot of simmers want farm animals - a good way to combine these with regular domestic pets would be in an EP.)

So like the Vampire GP, Doge GP, then Cat GP xD
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Jenpants wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

So like the Vampire GP, Doge GP, then Cat GP xD

Not exactly, more like either a pets GP or a pets+farm life combined EP.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Horses alone are going to push this into the Expansion Pack range. Dogs and cats have a lot of interactions (and now a new age group to interact with!), but horses need a whole lot more. Riding interactions (including a Riding Skill), barns to live in, feeding and grooming, just to name a few.
    And that's not even counting Barrel Racing, Calf Roping, Equestrian Jumping, and Polo!
    One thing...dare we hope for...Werewolves?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I hope we get Werewolves too! Maybe they will come with their own GP similar to Vampires?
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I wouldn't bet on it. Werewolves aren't near as popular as Vampires, or Witches. Plus, they wouldn't need their own neighborhood. My guess is that, if we get them at all, they'll be bundled in an Expansion Pack.
    Witches, on the other hand, would probably require a Game Pack.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh I hope so! I loved pets, especially the horses. Even if we just get dogs and cats, it'll be ok. But I hope that they add horses back. That was fun.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    As long as we finally get llamas, I'm happy.

Or alpacas + a knitting skill. That'd be cool.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

YES! I want Pets! I have my simself in the city penthouse, want a cat. I'm allergic to cats IRL, like the kitties. I WANT PETS!!!
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Oh I just hope they include horses again! Fingers super crossed
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I just came to forum to post about this news :D I reeeeaaally want pets EP! And I'm going to be happy to see cats and dogs in the game, I just hope that lack of info about it doesn't mean we will not get horses for sims 4...
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    This much was expected. Ages ago we had surveys and evidence of this start to stack.

Slightly disappointing if you ask me.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    Vampires, toddlers AND pets in one year? I don't think my body is ready.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    JacoSur wrote: »
    I dont really like pets... However, I think most of the simmers like them, so, good news for you!

Pets are an expansion I wouldn't miss to be honest. If the horses returned then I would probably purchase for sure but there's other things I'd rather see before pets such as weather and the rest of the supernaturals.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I believe they developed interactions that allowed Toddlers to be finally released and use the same "vessel" for Pets in the future. I kind of hoped it'd be like this so I'm happy that we're getting that EP soon. I'm also excited about some hints they've been throwing away about Seasons, so 2017 has the potential to be the best year of the Sims 4!
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I would love for Pets to be added. I play with pets a lot in Sims 3. I really want to get the dog, horse, and cat, but also have barn animals as well. I haven't really thought of the idea of barn animals until I saw it on this thread. The code doesn't include horses, which I really want. I loved horses in Sims 3. The idea of barn animals, though, seems like an awesome idea. They should have two EPs: one for dogs, cats, and horses, and another one for barn animals. I would love to have them add barn animals, like cows, chickens, goats, and pigs. It would be a cool idea to be able to get milk, eggs, and possibly meat from these animals. This way, farming could also be added as a career.
  • Options
    AlicesaanAlicesaan Posts: 54 Member
    I really hope they add horses again as well. But as far at the limitations go for the Sims 4 so far. I doubt they will be added. The game is so closed off. :/
  • Options
    GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    So excited for pets. If the toddlers are any indication, the cats and dogs should be really entertaining. I also hope there are birds and fish and hamsters and other small pets. Bring on the chinchillas!
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gonedalf wrote: »
    So excited for pets. If the toddlers are any indication, the cats and dogs should be really entertaining. I also hope there are birds and fish and hamsters and other small pets. Bring on the chinchillas!

Another vote for the small animals, if the toddlers are any indication, it shouldn't be a problem (still can't believe I'm actually using postivie, optimistic wording in reference to Sims 4 lol).
  • Options
    KitAceKitAce Posts: 38 Member
    Hopefully Toddlers and Pets can interact. Maybe they could have a few of their own special interactions like smuthering a dog or dog and getting scratched/barked at or bitten.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    YASSSSSS. I would cry when they announce it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif