Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Pets the next expansion?

ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
Sims Community found code in today's update that points to Pets being the next expansion pack.

http://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/

Comments

• Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Looks that way.
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    Wooooooot!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The news just keeps coming now, doesn't it ^^
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2017
    Vampires, toddlers, and now potentially pets. Okay sims 4 team you need to slow down before I breakdown (happy breakdown) :love:
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2017
    EDIT: NVM

This is awesome!!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I said I didn't want pets before generations, but now that we have toddlers it's not that bad! I'm excited we're getting so much stuff we wanted in 2017!
  • Options
    So far, it appears there will be small dogs, large dogs, cats, and horses.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    They need to fix the fast needs decay and shorten the time it takes sims to do simple actions. My sims often take an hour or two just to eat, and then there is the annoyance of having to fill social every five minutes or so. I can imagine how much of a nightmare it would be if you add pet needs into the equation too.
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »
    They need to fix the fast needs decay and shorten the time it takes sims to do simple actions. My sims often take an hour or two just to eat, and then there is the annoyance of having to fill social every five minutes or so. I can imagine how much of a nightmare it would be if you add pet needs into the equation too.

I'm kind of hoping it will be done more like TS2 pets and we won't have to take care of their needs. Maybe more clues will be found in the code to give us a better idea what to expect.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe it would need to be a game pack? But I would love to see a zoo added to the Sims series. That an amusement park.

Sims 4's style and structure leaves so many possibilities open. Game Packs are the best invention ever next to, the seasonal lot marker from Sims 3 Seasons (thank you Grahammmmmm!!!!)

by itteration 4, Pets is to be expected, not if, but when. It's always been something I never worry about. Lies. Sims 2 it was really exciting because they were so real like and you know, 3D. lol

It also makes sense since Toddlers need a lot of animation work with Pets and of all the EP's, Pets is the most animation, life state intensive... even if limited, toddlers have several interactions with animals, so I can see how this worked well for them in terms of toddler animations, because a brunt of all of it, for the series, was done prolly in tandem. Does that make sense? These toddlers are great too. I give them a lot of credit.

I just wish EA will loosen the PR game now - and let them speak to us. How much CRAP could have been sparred had they just tweeted a screen render of them months and months ago "they're coming..." it would have changed the morale on the forums. This did the trick tho.

If anything, EA, it would have saved your employees a lot of plum... truth.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    This is so neat. With vampire being released this month, toddlers patched in free today, and pets seemingly on the way, 2017 looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty good year for the Sims franchise. :)
  • Options
    MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2017
    When would this EP release? In the spring months maybe?

The sims team really has been working hard the last months, I am just so amazed....
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Guys, I am so happy right now. Because toddlers and pets is something that I really wanted this year to make me excited about the game again. Like every pack has more meaning now, Dine out for going to a child like restaurant, Get together for toddler gatherings, the Stuff packs that add fun for the whole family this time.

& now pets! To have dogs in your home makes a family complete and I couldn't be more excited!!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina