Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to delete this.

EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
I want to delete this post.
Post edited by EpicSims on

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Hey, at least we get bowling next. Ive been waiting 2 years for this revolutionary change in gameplay. /s
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited February 2017
    I want to delete this.
    Post edited by EpicSims on
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they add werewolves if they add pets, and they might make a witches pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LauBreckLauBreck Posts: 6 New Member
    I want a witches pack soooo badly. If they can have that much fun with vampires, imagine what they can do with witches!
  • Options
    WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    @EpicSims My thoughts exactly. A pack with just Vampires is so bare bones.. Not to take away from those excited for it, I just feel that with TS4 especially they are REALLY gonna milk this, and one of the ways is doing stuff like this, where other Supernatural elements could and imo, should have been lumped in, they will be in separate packs.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I was thinking about this last night and I could be wrong but I think this is their response to the people who complained they didn't want aliens in their games. They added aliens for free, they cannot be turned off so they decided to add something that a lot of people want. Not everyone wants them so this way only those who buy the gamepack will have them and others can just stay away. Personally, I'm excited. I also hope they add the other supernatural life states but I gave up holding my breath for toddlers. I think that ship has sailed sadly.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    ok but it come out on 24th of January 17
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Huh, I didn't even think of pool tables (although I never really used it in sims 3 so that's probably why)
    Just hoping they're not doing another occult game pack like

The Sims 4 Witches Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Fairy Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Imaginary Friend Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Mummy Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Unicorn Game Pack
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm guessing there will be other supernatural EP coming, they just split it to make more cash.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Vampires so far were always seperated from other supernaturals (same as aliens). Its a gamepack...
    I am sure we will get an actual Supernatural expansion, based on how popular the ts3 one was. Hopefully with a nice creepy town like "Midnight Hollow".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I'm guessing there will be other supernatural EP coming, they just split it to make more cash.

and/or to give each supernatural fuller development (there's no way vampires ever had half-an-EP's worth of development before!!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »

and/or to give each supernatural fuller development (there's no way vampires ever had half-an-EP's worth of development before!!)

if designed correctly/by me, a life state and their content could fill an EP.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    Wow.. I wonder how far EA games would let me down...

No toddlers
    No building apartments from scratch
    No pool tables...
    And now NO other supernatural creatures such as zombies and werewolves.

This next game pack is even called (just) 'Vampires'............................
    I love to see vampires in my game, and I am pretty excited about sims 4 style vampires and their supernatural abilities.
    WOULDN'T THIS PACK BE LESS DISAPPOINTING AND MORE WORTH PAYING THE USUAL COST OF GAME PACKS IF THERE WOULD BE OTHER CREATURES??

yeah well for the no building apartments at least we got a talking toilet instead.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    WOULDN'T THIS PACK BE LESS DISAPPOINTING AND MORE WORTH PAYING THE USUAL COST OF GAME PACKS IF THERE WOULD BE OTHER CREATURES??

IMHO, it is much better to offer us a DLC that is 100% fangtastic Vampires rather than bland Supernatural blend. This way, the Vampires are fully fledged creatures of the night and fun to play with, and not just one of half-baked lifestates which probably would be the case with multi-supernatural GP or EP. My only gripe about TS4 Vampires is that they cannot turn Aliens, but I'll deal with it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    Obscurus wrote: »

IMHO, it is much better to offer us a DLC that is 100% fangtastic Vampires rather than bland Supernatural blend. This way, the Vampires are fully fledged creatures of the night and fun to play with, and not just one of half-baked lifestates which probably would be the case with multi-supernatural GP or EP. My only gripe about TS4 Vampires is that they cannot turn Aliens, but I'll deal with it.

That's my feeling - the Aliens part included, actually. I've always been bored by Sims vampires. These ones look like I can have some fun gameplay with them - things like different types of vampires who don't get along with each other. If we had yet another watered-down version of vampires because they were 1/10 of the features in an EP about a city, or 1/5 of the features in an EP about lots of different supernaturals, I'd be ready to give them a pass... again (and probably a whole Supernaturals pack on the Sims 4 3 model - though I did use the Fairies in it in one save, where only Fairies and Aliens lived in space on that one store world). Vampires are getting at least twice the attention they ever have before. That's pretty awesome, and it seems to be enough to draw me in.

As for the Alien Vampires, I hope a modder can figure out a hybrid system, or that a future life state pack will add a system in. Maybe this one will do awesome and create good development budget for that in the future :)
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sims 3 Vampires couldn't turn aliens or other supernaturals either -- and supernaturals couldn't get pregnant from alien abduction. Maybe there's some sort of coding conflict that can't be resolved.

I too am interested in the possibilities -- I've never been much of a vampire fan but I'm excited about this pack. I'm especially excited that other Sims won't become vampires unless you actively turn them (by playing as a vampire).

I'd rather pay $20 for in-depth treatment of a single supernatural state than $40 for half-baked treatment of 5 or 6 supernatural states.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Huh, I didn't even think of pool tables (although I never really used it in sims 3 so that's probably why)
    Just hoping they're not doing another occult game pack like

The Sims 4 Witches Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Fairy Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Imaginary Friend Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Mummy Game Pack
    The Sims 4 Unicorn Game Pack

Some people have mused that pool tables could be in the Bowling pack, since many bowling centers also have pool tables and recent SPs have had 2 new game play items. It's not confirmed but it's a possibility.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Personally, I'd be cool with separate werewolves, witches, and fairies packs... (They could maybe combine witches and fairies in a "magic" pack, too) Imaginary friends pack would be going too far, though. ;)
  • Options
    PinkFuelPinkFuel Posts: 26 New Member
    If the Vampires will be this cool to play, I would really like each supernaturals to have their own GPs. I would love to see what they could do with Witches and Werewolves if they have their own packs.

Also, while I would like Pets and Seasons, I really don't want Toddlers again, they were so annoying to deal with.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    It's weird cause we get upset about no new lifestates in eps but more upset when it's a gp devoted to that lifestate instead. :#
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    What most people who complain about stuff like this fail to realize is that the developers can't just create whatever us players want whenever we want. In game development there are always production/schedules/budget constrictions and I believe they are doing the best they can creating new content under those constrictions. Sure, their efficiency is debatable, but, as a game developer myself, I can tell you the goal is always to release the best game possible while keeping it profitable.
    I, for one, as a player prefer to focus on the things that they give us and just enjoy the game. Judging from the trailer it looks pretty promising, but I guess we will only be sure on the 24th.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    IMO it's better to split them apart from everything else. I can easily imagine that some aren't interested in vampires, so adding them as a side feature in some bigger EP would be mean. As mean as putting all supernaturals in one EP so you have to take all or none, actually.
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    What most people who complain about stuff like this fail to realize is that the developers can't just create whatever us players want whenever we want. In game development there are always production/schedules/budget constrictions and I believe they are doing the best they can creating new content under those constrictions. Sure, their efficiency is debatable, but, as a game developer myself, I can tell you the goal is always to release the best game possible while keeping it profitable.
    I, for one, as a player prefer to focus on the things that they give us and just enjoy the game. Judging from the trailer it looks pretty promising, but I guess we will only be sure on the 24th.
    And also, we should be really grateful that they did everything we wanted for vampires:
    No mirror reflections, special powers, asking for a bite or forcefully biting (in sleep), death in sunlight, general ability to be good or evil as a vampire, ability to look like modern or classical vampires, no sparkling vampires,...

And then they added a ton of not-asked-for content as well, like a huge amount of build mode stuff (including wall tattoos to allow creation of torn wallpapers!!) and outfits, hair styles and accessories to let us create a vampire in really exact ways. I sure will be fiddling with CAS alone for at least three hours when I get the pack :D
    (the price we had to pay for this is a bigger world, okay, but those five lots we've got do look nice in themselves too ... and it's all in one neighbourhood so we can conveniently visit our vampire neighbours!!)

All in all I'm really looking forward to the Vampires GP, and I might even buy another one of this kind if done equally as well and conforming to player ideas.
  • Options
    PinkFuelPinkFuel Posts: 26 New Member
    I would be really excited if they do the same with Witches and Werewolves. I never seen Vampires this well made in Sims before and I just can't wait to see what they will do with the other Supernaturals.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    to be honest TS2 vampire didn't do much, even TS3, just not living the expectation I see. I want more than that!!!
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg