Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires info: blogs, SimGuru tweets etc.!

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Can someone please ask how aging is handled? Will vampires be immortal, will vampire children age... Etc.

We already know. Sims can be born as a Vampire, but their powers won’t start until they age up in to Teenagers. Teens stop aging there but can be aged up all the way to elder using a cake if you want. And yes, vamps are immortal and only age past being a teen if you use a cake.

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-vampires-announce

Thanks, I missed that announcement! Ah, I wish they only stopped aging once they're an adult but I can definitely work with this as well. Or maybe mc command center will add an option to allow for vampire aging. Hey, I should suggest that to the mod creator! :smiley:

Yah them stopping aging as a adult makes more since . I mean there not even fully grown
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Can someone please ask how aging is handled? Will vampires be immortal, will vampire children age... Etc.

Vampires are immortal and Young Adult / Adult / Elder vampires will not age.
    Child Vampires first exhibit their vampness as teens.
    Young Vampires will autonomously age to Young Adults before their aging is frozen.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017

Young Vampires will autonomously age to Young Adults before their aging is frozen.

This means the blog is incorrect! @SimGuruNinja !!

Wanting a whole family of Vampires? Sims can be born as a Vampire, but their powers won’t start until they age up in to Teenagers. You also won’t know until then if they got the Vampire genetics or not, as the Plumbob style won't change until then too. At that point, they’ll also stop naturally aging up.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

Wanting a whole family of Vampires? Sims can be born as a Vampire, but their powers won’t start until they age up in to Teenagers. You also won’t know until then if they got the Vampire genetics or not, as the Plumbob style won't change until then too. At that point, they’ll also stop naturally aging up.

The wording is a little off and can be interpreted too broadly. I've pinged good ol' SimGuruDrake to make some edits. :)
    Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

The wording is a little off and can be interpreted too broadly. I've pinged good ol' SimGuruDrake to make some edits. :)
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Whew! Cool! Thanks so much for popping in and making sure we have that right! <3
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I have questions, >1. I am wondering if Long Fingernails were added in many different colors and styles , since Vampires do have Long Nails?
    2. Were any Longer hair styles added in then the styles I saw in the Video? , cause Vamps do have Longer hair styles .
    3. I am hoping that Gothic Dresses and outfits were added in with Long Sleeves like true Gothic styles are suppose to be, can you comment on any of this? please and thank you.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

I was about to post the same tweet with a Comment about Van Helsing. :smiley:
  • Options
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I was about to post the same tweet with a Comment about Van Helsing Buffy. :smiley:

Fixed it for you :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Whats the Problem with Van Helsing?
  • Options

Nothing, really, I'm sure. But I've got a Buffy just waiting for this in a save.
  • Options

Nothing, really, I'm sure. But I've got a Buffy just waiting for this in a save.

I should probably watch the show?
  • Options

I should probably watch the show?

For sure! Great modern vampire lore. And a terrific range of vampires from very creepy to really not so creepy at all. Also demons.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I made Every Single Vampire chars on TV and in Movies for My game, Classic Dracula, Bram Stoker's, Van Helsing, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Buffy & Angel chars, Among many others, all with No CC added, So I am waiting for the pack to change them all in My Game, :)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I really wish @SimGuruNinja would answer my question about whether there is a new scared emotion or not. :disappointed:
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    This just made my day.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I really wish @SimGuruNinja would answer my question about whether there is a new scared emotion or not. :disappointed:

No new scared emotion.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

No new scared emotion.

Ah boo. Ok thanks for replying :heart:

• Options

Oh thanks that makes me happy . :)
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

No new scared emotion.

that stinks
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja Can we make vampire forcilby turn sims , or would we have to ask ? ( Wanting to make good, and evil vampires)
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member

I was wondering about that part and how families are handled. What about for a legacy/generational style thing? Is the family tree adapted so that a YA can have grandchildren because it's a vampire who has stopped aging?

Also, you say that child vampires don't exhibit their vampireness till teen. However, there was a tweet about a new bassinet? Does that mean that like alien babies, you can tell at birth that they will become vampires because of this different bassinet?
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    @SimGuruNinja When sims are turned into vampires is it instant or do we have to wait a few days like in TS3?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @luthienrising thanks for posting this :)

Phew I am trying not to get excited but I am pretty impressed by what I am seeing and hearing so far. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I should probably stop reading posts so I don't get too hyped because these are shaping up to be the best vamps in the series and that is saying a lot.
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    I'm interested in vampire hunting. Always wanted that to be a part of gameplay when I've played vampire Sims!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top