Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Davis Decades [Updated 2/21]

shiba306shiba306 Posts: 275 Member
Hey everyone! I am excited to announce a new story that I am writing. It is nicknamed the "Davis Decades." It features an ambitious teen named Augustus Davis that begins his journey as a drifter (see the drifter challenge thread by Vi) and he hopes to leave behind a legacy (see the legacy challenge thread). It is a mix of both of these challenges, but I threw in my own twist. This story begins in 1866! As the story progresses, I will continue to travel through the decades with this family. The first three chapters are up for reading now so click here to get started. I hope everyone enjoys joining this family as they progress and happy simming to you all!

p.s. if there is any stories similar to this, please link them to me. I'd be super interested in reading other people's takes on historical sims.
banner.jpg
Post edited by shiba306 on

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Loved it! It was really well written I can't wait to read more <3
  • Options
    Great beginning. So glad you're doing another legacy! I love the historical feel!

I'm worried for poor Cat. Can't wait until he feels good enough to ask her to marry him!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Good morning/afternoon to everyone! Here is the link to the update for today. I hope you all enjoy! :)
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    Wasn't expecting that glad my prediction was wrong. Also what's the problem with the age difference?
  • Options
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting that glad my prediction was wrong. Also what's the problem with the age difference?

@WitcHazard During this time period it wouldn't be considered appropriate for an older woman to marry a younger man. At 20, it would have been expected that Cat was already married with 1 or 2 kids. :) Hope that answers that
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    shiba306 wrote: »
    WitcHazard wrote: »

@WitcHazard During this time period it wouldn't be considered appropriate for an older woman to marry a younger man. At 20, it would have been expected that Cat was already married with 1 or 2 kids. :) Hope that answers that
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Are those trait effects bothering you? Get rid of them with this mod: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=586006

Sad story for Cat. But I'm so glad they will be starting their lives together!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick you're a saint.
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    shiba306 wrote: »
    @pammiechick you're a saint.

Glad I could help. I don't know what the devs were thinking with that plum. Even when I'm playing I don't want to see that all the time. It's so annoying! Seeing the skill level go up in the corner is fine but having signs and sparkles and junk over their heads constantly is d*umb.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Goodmorning all! If you'd like to read the next chapter click here! Happy simming!
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    Can't wait to see those nooboos :D
  • Options
    I wonder what happened to Augustus' mother. So sad. I'm excited for the babies (I've seen a rash of multiples). I'm predicting twins!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Here is the newest chapter! Enjoy!
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Weee!!! Welcome Noah! So glad to meet you!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Yay! I love me then nooboos!
  • Options
    Hope everyone's day is going well. Here is the newest update on the Davis Decades. Enjoy! <3
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    That makes two secrets Augustus has to keep never gonna be a dull moment in this house!
    Oh I hope his mom's ok.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! My week has been busy, so I am so glad that I prewrote all of my updates for the next two weeks. <3Here is the update for today. Enjoy!
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    Aw toddler Noah is so cute! <3 As for Rosa what can you do! :D I'm starting to worry about the mom though she's been coughing for a while now I hope they can handle change.
  • Options
    Hey there! Dropping in another update for the Davis'. Read it here. Enjoy and have a great day everyone!
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    Noah had me bawling no Grammy! :'(
  • Options
    Sorry this update is a day late everyone, but you can read it here. There is purposely no screenshots because 1. it would've been difficult to recreate something similar, and 2. I think not having screenshots will allow you to connect to the characters. So enjoy!
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    No worries it was a beautiful touching chapter aw here come the tears :'(
  • Options
    Happy timezones! Dropping off another chapter in the Davis Decades! Read it here! Enjoy!
    banner.jpg