Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 WTH!?! (What The Heck!?!) moments.

SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 2
Press "show" to see the Long story short/TL;DR (Too long; didn't read.) if you don't want to read the whole story! VVVVVVVV
Long story short/TL;DR: All my children are single (babies who come without twins, aka normal babies) and are all boys, it's like a curse. XD

So, I just recently got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and, things has gone crazy! I have created a family, and, I have to say, i am CURSED with single (I'll explain later what I mean by "single") baby boys.
So, I started everything from scratch, except the house, I just picked a house from Desiderata Valley, I made two sims, the mom has the family aspiration, and the dad has the fortune aspiration, so, i selected the mom, and i picked her lifetime aspiration benefit thingie up to the top (Aka at the point where there is "Super Fertility"), but did Super Fertility have any effects, you ask? None. Back to the story, i made my sims have 3 children, and maybe i'll make them have more.

(Note: Their first name and last name are revealed at the link where theres the photos)

Now, this is the first child, if you haven't guessed it, he's a boy and a "single" child. (single child=a child who wasn't born with a twin)
Here's a picture of him:
imgur.com/a/bmdcu (Yes, I do know how to post images, just that PhotoBucket is too slow for me! :disappointed:)

Now, the second child, annnd if you haven't really guessed yet, yeah, he's a single child and he's a boy, yup, the curse is continuing, His peronality would be, "bubbly" :wink:, here's a picture:
imgur.com/a/sjR1l

AAAAND the third child, who's the newest, and yep, you guessed it, he's a single child and he's a boy, yup, in the photo, he's the one standing in his mom's arms, and his brothers are cheering him because he was born just some minutes ago:
imgur.com/a/yrKds

So, that's my WTH!?! moments in Sims 2, feel free to post yours too! I'll keep you updated if the mom ever has the fourth child and if the fourth child is twins or a girl, or girl twins, or girl and boy twins, or atleast boy twins! :lol:
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    LOL I have had that happen as well. Eating cheesecake while pregnant can increase the odds of twins as well. Hope you get your girl soon! :)
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Haha - yeah that can happen. The 1st generation of my current neighborhood has 12 girls and 7 boys.

Good luck in your quest for a girl and twins!
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    LOL I have had that happen as well. Eating cheesecake while pregnant can increase the odds of twins as well. Hope you get your girl soon! :)

Pahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this "curse"! I have heard about the cheesecake thingie, and yes, i have the OFB pack, because i have TS2 Ultimate Collection, but, I don't really know where to get cheesecake from! I tried to make the mom try to "Make dessert" (she has her cooking skill up to 4-5) but cheesecake won't appear! Do you have any idea where I can get cheesecake from?
    Haha - yeah that can happen. The 1st generation of my current neighborhood has 12 girls and 7 boys.

Good luck in your quest for a girl and twins!

Thanks! Haha!

I really want to ask you both something, my sims both have 8 to 7 days left until they become elders, is that an OK span to make them Try For Baby? I'm really scared that the mom might age with her baby and she might become an elder, probably a pregnant one! :lol: Or probably one who aborted her child! :scream:
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2017
    Your sim should be able to try for a baby with 7/8 days to go till elderhood. Just bear in mind she may not be around when the baby is a teen! (Being optimistic) Sims don't age while pregnant.

Your sim should be able to make cheesecake at cooking skill level 7 I think. I can't quite remember if it's on restaurant menus.

I feel your pain, I have a sim with five children, the first 4 were boys! I was so happy to get a girl!
  • Options
    Pahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this "curse"! I have heard about the cheesecake thingie, and yes, i have the OFB pack, because i have TS2 Ultimate Collection, but, I don't really know where to get cheesecake from! I tried to make the mom try to "Make dessert" (she has her cooking skill up to 4-5) but cheesecake won't appear! Do you have any idea where I can get cheesecake from?

You are correct in that the cheesecake is under "Make dessert", however, you need a cooking skill level of 7 to unlock the cheesecake recipe.
    I really want to ask you both something, my sims both have 8 to 7 days left until they become elders, is that an OK span to make them Try For Baby? I'm really scared that the mom might age with her baby and she might become an elder, probably a pregnant one! :lol: Or probably one who aborted her child! :scream:

It is definitely ok to have your Sims still try for baby :) ! The game will take away the 'try for baby' option when the mom is too close to becoming an elder to ensure that she doesn't age up into a pregnant elder. 7 to 8 days is still enough time to have another :)!

• Options
    Thank you all! It really means alot! But, haha! Let's get back to the topic with the WTH!?! Moments, what WTH!?! Moments happened in your Sims 2 Families? :D
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My child sim wants to see the ghost of his Dad's mistress. A bit dramatic but he really hates her.
    The second day of my legacy challenge, lightning struck the lot whilst my sim was at work and burnt the toilet, the fridge, the cooker and her bed. Everything.

Now I always add a smoke alarm right away!
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Press "show" to see the Long story short/TL;DR (Too long; didn't read.) if you don't want to read the whole story! VVVVVVVV
    Long story short/TL;DR: All my children are single (babies who come without twins, aka normal babies) and are all boys, it's like a curse. XD

So, I just recently got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and, things has gone crazy! I have created a family, and, I have to say, i am CURSED with single (I'll explain later what I mean by "single") baby boys.
    So, I started everything from scratch, except the house, I just picked a house from Desiderata Valley, I made two sims, the mom has the family aspiration, and the dad has the fortune aspiration, so, i selected the mom, and i picked her lifetime aspiration benefit thingie up to the top (Aka at the point where there is "Super Fertility"), but did Super Fertility have any effects, you ask? None. Back to the story, i made my sims have 3 children, and maybe i'll make them have more.

(Note: Their first name and last name are revealed at the link where theres the photos)

Now, this is the first child, if you haven't guessed it, he's a boy and a "single" child. (single child=a child who wasn't born with a twin)
    Here's a picture of him:
    imgur.com/a/bmdcu (Yes, I do know how to post images, just that PhotoBucket is too slow for me! :disappointed:)

Now, the second child, annnd if you haven't really guessed yet, yeah, he's a single child and he's a boy, yup, the curse is continuing, His peronality would be, "bubbly" :wink:, here's a picture:
    imgur.com/a/sjR1l

AAAAND the third child, who's the newest, and yep, you guessed it, he's a single child and he's a boy, yup, in the photo, he's the one standing in his mom's arms, and his brothers are cheering him because he was born just some minutes ago:
    imgur.com/a/yrKds

So, that's my WTH!?! moments in Sims 2, feel free to post yours too! I'll keep you updated if the mom ever has the fourth child and if the fourth child is twins or a girl, or girl twins, or girl and boy twins, or atleast boy twins! :lol:

I guess I don't understand why a single child is a "curse." I've NEVER had twins. I don't even think it's possible for my sims to have twins.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Here's a picture of him:

imgur.com/a/sjR1l

imgur.com/a/yrKds

I guess I don't understand why a single child is a "curse." I've NEVER had twins. I don't even think it's possible for my sims to have twins.

It would be a curse if you're wanting to test your skills and see if you can do two kids at once from birth to adult/YA.

It's possible with just the base game to have twins. You'd have to have 100 pregnancies before you could even begin to say that you're game is bugged to not give twin births. Or only gave one gender.

Twins and gender are completely random. The previous pregnancy does not affect it.

So it's possible to get 3 boys and 3 single births in a row. Happens to me all of the time. And I have Triplets & Quads which increases my chances of twins and adds chances of triplets and quadruplets.

Had one Sim have 5 kids. All single births. First 2 were boys. The remaining 3 were girls. 3 single girls in a row.

Another Sim had 4 kids. All single births. First 3 were boys. Fourth was a girl.

With a small sample size, it's not hard to have runs of something. A run of single births, a run of boys, a run of girls, or even a run of twins (a run of twins would be rare).

My WTH moment is with some relatives of the above Sims. Also to do with births and pregnancies and number of babies. I play with the following mods: Triplets & Quads, Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR), a mod to increase the number of Sims on a lot. ACR lets the Sims choose when to try for a baby. The father's name is Alphonse Micari. The mother's name is Gretchen Micari. They got married and Gretchen gets pregnant with Alphonse's kid thanks to ACR. 3 days pass and Triplets and Quads gives me quads. Less than 12 Sim HOURS later, they decide to TRY FOR A BABY thanks to ACR. Gretchen gets pregnant again and thankfully they just have a single kid. Their next TWO KIDS were also singles. They had 5 boys and 2 girls, 1 of the quads is a girl, and the first single birth is a girl. Their neighborhood operates on a rule of if they manage to get away for ACR induced woohoo/try for baby, it can't be interrupted except for emergency situations (like they've got something in the oven and no one else can deal with it). They also operate on a I must choose random when they give birth except in cases where I've crashed or forgotten to randomize genetics.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Here's a picture of him:

imgur.com/a/sjR1l

imgur.com/a/yrKds

It would be a curse if you're wanting to test your skills and see if you can do two kids at once from birth to adult/YA.

It's possible with just the base game to have twins. You'd have to have 100 pregnancies before you could even begin to say that you're game is bugged to not give twin births. Or only gave one gender.

Twins and gender are completely random. The previous pregnancy does not affect it.

So it's possible to get 3 boys and 3 single births in a row. Happens to me all of the time. And I have Triplets & Quads which increases my chances of twins and adds chances of triplets and quadruplets.

Had one Sim have 5 kids. All single births. First 2 were boys. The remaining 3 were girls. 3 single girls in a row.

Another Sim had 4 kids. All single births. First 3 were boys. Fourth was a girl.

With a small sample size, it's not hard to have runs of something. A run of single births, a run of boys, a run of girls, or even a run of twins (a run of twins would be rare).

My WTH moment is with some relatives of the above Sims. Also to do with births and pregnancies and number of babies. I play with the following mods: Triplets & Quads, Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR), a mod to increase the number of Sims on a lot. ACR lets the Sims choose when to try for a baby. The father's name is Alphonse Micari. The mother's name is Gretchen Micari. They got married and Gretchen gets pregnant with Alphonse's kid thanks to ACR. 3 days pass and Triplets and Quads gives me quads. Less than 12 Sim HOURS later, they decide to TRY FOR A BABY thanks to ACR. Gretchen gets pregnant again and thankfully they just have a single kid. Their next TWO KIDS were also singles. They had 5 boys and 2 girls, 1 of the quads is a girl, and the first single birth is a girl. Their neighborhood operates on a rule of if they manage to get away for ACR induced woohoo/try for baby, it can't be interrupted except for emergency situations (like they've got something in the oven and no one else can deal with it). They also operate on a I must choose random when they give birth except in cases where I've crashed or forgotten to randomize genetics.

Well, but according to your last paragraph, it sounds like you need mods with the base game in order to have more than a single birth, so what I said holds true then, because I don't play with mods, and throughout the years, I've NEVER had any sim give birth to twins. Only to one child at a time.
  • Options
    You definitely don't need mods to have twins in the base game only.
  • Options
    You definitely don't need mods to have twins in the base game only.

That is true, I must say.
    I am a.. Pretty old simmer, not so old, but kinda, I have to say that I joined TS community in around.. 2011? 2012? or very early 2013, but I'd go around early 2012, I guess.
    I had previous households, and I really have to say, in those households, i was CURSED with girls only, I had around 4-5 girls in one of my household, and some of them were twins, and i had just 1 single boy.
    The ability of having twins in TS2 base game? I don't know, but I had TS2 Double Deluxe back then, and now i have TS2 Ultimate Collection.
    I don't really blame the "Super Fertile" thingie for not working, since i think it increases just 10%-15% of the chance of having twins, many people say that cheesecake and/or spaghetti increases the chances of having twins.
    About spaghetti? No, my Sims eat spaghetti daily, even if the mother is pregnant, it increases nothing.
    About cheesecake? I don't know man, I haven't even tested it out, who knows, maybe it will FINALLY work?

Also, another WTH!?! Moment: The most smartest child in my (current) family, who is an overachiever, has like 7-8 Lazy personality points, which means he's lazy, but he's an overachiever, WTH..? :lol:
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you all! It really means alot! But, haha! Let's get back to the topic with the WTH!?! Moments, what WTH!?! Moments happened in your Sims 2 Families? :D

Oh and also OP, if you save just before she gives birth, or at least close to it. You can exited out without saving if you don't get what you want, and then reload the household to try again. (you will have to replay from where ever the save was, so it is best to save often throughout the day of birth), as the gender and number of babies is not decided until right before the birth.

I think everyone has WTH birthing stories. My last family had 5 children. First 2 were both girls, both with dads hair and moms eyes. The next birth was a set of twins, girl (with dads hair and moms eyes, I was getting worried at this point :D ) and a boy! ( with dads hair AND eyes) Yippie I got at least one kid that didn't look exactly like the rest! Then the last was a single birth, a girl...with dads hair and moms eyes...... :|

I think the biggest WTH I have ever had in Sims 2 (mind you I didn't really go to the forum or read anything, I just played my game, so my knowledge was nil! ) was when my sim was just out minding his own business..doing a little gardening, and then was crushed by a giant satellite. I really had this look :o I actually said WTH :D I thought it was hysterical, but I was sooo confused about what just happened!

Edit: had to replace my "f's" with "h's" as I got plumed out.... :D
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    If the gender generator is stuck, just go into CAS and hit the randomize sim (whatever it's called) button a few times, for male if your is stuck on getting only boys, female if your only getting girls.
    As soon as a sim goes into labor, I pause & save. That way I can reload if I want a different gender/hair color/eye color/skintone (for various reasons).

As said, twins are possible without mods in the base game but are really rare. One of the EPs changed my luck at getting them and now I get them way too often. My sims are banned from eating cheesecake and the twin perk is also banned. I stopped using Trips&Quads years ago.
  • Options
    Well, but according to your last paragraph, it sounds like you need mods with the base game in order to have more than a single birth, so what I said holds true then, because I don't play with mods, and throughout the years, I've NEVER had any sim give birth to twins. Only to one child at a time.

No, I need mods for Triplets and Quads. Which is why the mod is called Triplets and Quads and not Twins, Triplets, and Quads.

I've had twins prior to installing that mod. And I'd be more than happy to launch a base game only game and have a woman just constantly get pregnant by random Sims and instantly be sent to give birth to get twins.

I recall having a set of twins after University was released but before Nightlife was released. And at that time I used absolutely no custom content. So no mods, no custom anything. I didn't even have a Downloads folder yet most likely. I don't recall ever using Body Shop until after I started using CC. And I vaguely recall having to make a Downloads folder to put the Nightlife pre-order car into so that it would show up in game. I had kept a record of the Sims in that neighborhood at one point, but I lost it between getting new computers. The computer that save was on had hard drive failure and I didn't have an external back up so I can't even load it back up to look to see if I see any other twins.

EA had the chances of twins too low without mods to start off with. So they added in a cheat to force twins: forcetwins. They also added in cheesecake with Open for Business. Which is technically glitched. Currently in game it makes twins be a 100% chance. It was only supposed to increase the chances to more favorable and not to 100%. No one complained enough about that and it didn't get fixed.

They may have increased the chances of twins at some point as well with one of the EP's.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I have all the Sims 2 expansion packs and stuff packs (with the exception of the happy holiday stuff pack) with no Mods or CC. My eight families in the current neighborhood experienced a total of 16 pregnancies with 3 sets of twins (without trying for twins - no cheesecake, etc.). I really think whether you have just the base game or expansion packs it is just luck of the draw on if your Sims have twins...just like my Sims had so many girls this 1st generation. I know I've played neighborhoods with no twins and neighborhoods where it seems like every second pregnancy resulted in twins.
  • Options
    Another WTH!?! Moment would have to be when I was at Anthony's (The third kid) birthday and while his mom was holding him in her hands, she stopped for a moment when she saw her husband and did that thing when you see someone who you're attracted to, she was like "WHOOhoo!" with the baby in her hands, and it was so glitchy and funny I laughed so much!! :D Anthony is a toddler right now, I'll post pictures of him later!!
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options

No, I need mods for Triplets and Quads. Which is why the mod is called Triplets and Quads and not Twins, Triplets, and Quads.

I've had twins prior to installing that mod. And I'd be more than happy to launch a base game only game and have a woman just constantly get pregnant by random Sims and instantly be sent to give birth to get twins.

I recall having a set of twins after University was released but before Nightlife was released. And at that time I used absolutely no custom content. So no mods, no custom anything. I didn't even have a Downloads folder yet most likely. I don't recall ever using Body Shop until after I started using CC. And I vaguely recall having to make a Downloads folder to put the Nightlife pre-order car into so that it would show up in game. I had kept a record of the Sims in that neighborhood at one point, but I lost it between getting new computers. The computer that save was on had hard drive failure and I didn't have an external back up so I can't even load it back up to look to see if I see any other twins.

EA had the chances of twins too low without mods to start off with. So they added in a cheat to force twins: forcetwins. They also added in cheesecake with Open for Business. Which is technically glitched. Currently in game it makes twins be a 100% chance. It was only supposed to increase the chances to more favorable and not to 100%. No one complained enough about that and it didn't get fixed.

They may have increased the chances of twins at some point as well with one of the EP's.

Well, that gives me some hope I guess. Cause I bought the game when it originally was released, and bought University at the time of its initial release as well. But I've NEVER had twins. I didn't even know you could. The closest I've ever been able to get to twins (or more) was to turn aging off the SECOND the kid was born, and get the mother pregnant again so that the babies would always age at the same time (or within a few hours of each other). But two born together? Nope, it's never happened in any of my games.

@SleepycatDSL: There is no cheesecake in my game. At least, it's never been offered as a dessert when I select a sim to "cook" dessert.
  • Options

Well, that gives me some hope I guess. Cause I bought the game when it originally was released, and bought University at the time of its initial release as well. But I've NEVER had twins. I didn't even know you could. The closest I've ever been able to get to twins (or more) was to turn aging off the SECOND the kid was born, and get the mother pregnant again so that the babies would always age at the same time (or within a few hours of each other). But two born together? Nope, it's never happened in any of my games.

@SleepycatDSL: There is no cheesecake in my game. At least, it's never been offered as a dessert when I select a sim to "cook" dessert.

Cheesecake came with Open for Business.

I wish I could give you more stats on that neighborhood, that neighborhood had a decent number of births.

One way you could get twins without having to have aging off for 3 days is to use the boolprop testingcheatsenabled set of interactions. It's perfectly safe to use them. Just remember to turn testingcheatsenabled off when done if you don't feel comfortable leaving it on. The pop ups that come up do have options that can harm the game if you choose them.

Here's a link with the instructions and pictures to go with it: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=pregnancy

Keep in mind that you can make a Sim pregnant via themselves. This will give the opposite gender version of the Sim you have get pregnant. This is exactly how Brandi Broke ships: pregnant with herself.

Just keep in mind that you may end up with triplets if the game decides to be "helpful" and give you twins on the second pregnancy.
  • Options

Cheesecake came with Open for Business.

I wish I could give you more stats on that neighborhood, that neighborhood had a decent number of births.

One way you could get twins without having to have aging off for 3 days is to use the boolprop testingcheatsenabled set of interactions. It's perfectly safe to use them. Just remember to turn testingcheatsenabled off when done if you don't feel comfortable leaving it on. The pop ups that come up do have options that can harm the game if you choose them.

Here's a link with the instructions and pictures to go with it: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=pregnancy

Keep in mind that you can make a Sim pregnant via themselves. This will give the opposite gender version of the Sim you have get pregnant. This is exactly how Brandi Broke ships: pregnant with herself.

Just keep in mind that you may end up with triplets if the game decides to be "helpful" and give you twins on the second pregnancy.

Interesting. Thank you!
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I did a have a problem where I only got girls for a while, but it passed quickly. However, one problem I did have regarding births was always getting sims with the same personality. They were all very active and very grouchy, which was actually my least favourite combination. I actually ended up changing their personalities using cheats most of the time.
  • Options
    I did a have a problem where I only got girls for a while, but it passed quickly. However, one problem I did have regarding births was always getting sims with the same personality. They were all very active and very grouchy, which was actually my least favourite combination. I actually ended up changing their personalities using cheats most of the time.

Let me guess they also had the same looks and were siblings of each other? And it was always the first born they would look like?

That's a bug in the game's random number generator for choosing genetics.

When the game generates anything random, it starts with a single number and uses that to start, then does a calculation to find a new number. That new number then is used for the next random thing and then put through the same calculation to generate a new number.

That would be all fine and good if the game remembered the final new number when you saved the game and closed it down. However, each time you shut down and start the game back up, it goes back to the same single number that it did when you first launched the game.

So if John and Jane have a kid in play session 1 and then have another kid in play session 2 unless someone else had given birth already or you played around with the random Sim generator in CAS, Kid 1 and Kid 2 would have the same genetics and personality. The only difference is gender potentially.

The fix is either using the FFS Lot Debugger by Pescado to fix the random number generator or going into CAS and hitting the random button there a random number of times (hitting it the same number of times will just cause the clone to be of the second born and not the first born.

It's referred to as the first born glitch if you want to read up on it more.
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    No, they looked different and I knew about the first born glitch so I did the randomize thing. Also, it happened with cousins, not siblings. And the personalities, weren't the same in Neat, Outgoing or Playful, just Nice and Active.
  • Options
    No, they looked different and I knew about the first born glitch so I did the randomize thing. Also, it happened with cousins, not siblings. And the personalities, weren't the same in Neat, Outgoing or Playful, just Nice and Active.

Ah, I've had that happen a few times as well. I think there's a genetic component when deciding personality. I've had a number of relatives, mostly parent to child have 2 active and 10 playful. And I hate the lazy Sum walk animation. Had one kid who had the same personality as his mother. I wasn't thrilled, especially since he was the one I liked the most of him and his siblings.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Do you have any hack that will allow larger families? (9+) Because feeding pregnant sims a steady diet of cheescake until they pop a second time has worked for me in the past, but only if I don't already have six or more sims and/or pets on the lot.

I've also heard good things about the triplets and quads hack, should you chose to go that route, but I haven't used it myself, as for me that's TOO MANY multiple births.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]