Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those with slider mods

I couldn't find an answer, probably because I can't figure out how to word it for a search. Basically, I added a slider mod and enabled max sliders in Master Controller. However now the sliders are so powerful too the point of being useless. Is there a way that I can enter a numerical value as opposed to using the slider bar? I need more control! Thanks to all in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I use some custom body slider mods and do use MasterController but I don't see any setting in MC to "enable max sliders". I don't know which setting you are referring to, so I'll take a few guesses.

Under MC>Settings>CAS there's a setting "Max Sliders in CAS" but that's a numerical value you enter. Default is 100. I think this setting determines how many slider mods you can have. There isn't any documentation on the MC Interactions page that I can find, so that's only a guess.

There's also 2 entries for Slider Multiples, one for Facial and one for Body. Those could make sliders more "powerful" because they increase the range of the sliders. For example, a slider which normally goes from 0 to 256 would now go from 0 to 512 if you set the Slider Multiple to 2. At high multiple values this setting makes precise control of sliders somewhat difficult in my experience. But these two settings are not something you enable, it's a number you have to pick.

Finally I see a setting to Override Custom Core Sliders, default set to false. Did you enable that setting (that is, set it to true)? I never have. I don't know what it does. The description on the MC Interactions page doesn't explain much.

I hope that helps. As far as I know, there's no way to manually enter a value for a slider position. There is a setting in MC that shows the number positions on sliders, but it doesn't allow you to enter numbers. Finally, my comments are based on MasterController v133. Maybe you are using a much older version with a setting to "enable max sliders" that I don't see in the current version.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There is no documentation on the Max Sliders setting because it is still considered new and experimental, having been released in v132. That pertains to the number of sliders, not how individual ones behave. The Custom Core option pertains to users of core mods that affect sliders such as Awesome and XCAS.

What sliders are we talking about, exactly, if they are suitable to discuss on open here?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Oh, I didn't realize the Max Slider setting was new. I guess I don't remember it not being there. Thanks for the explanation of the Custom Core option. I read the description several times and drew a complete blank on what it was referring to.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @Maera in MC CAS Settings what is your slider Multiple? I usually set mine at default 1, which is EA default. I HAVE on occasion bumped it up to 2, to get a bit more out of the sliders (some people will increase this more, to like 5 or so). You should be able enter a numerical value by shift-clicking on the slider, and then entering whatever number you want.

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think the main problem was the sim I was trying to edit was not my own, and had custom sliders already used on it by the original creator, which was making editing really wonky. Everything seems to work ok with my settings when I'm making my own sims on my current settings (max sliders 100, multiples of 5). However, I am still unable to shift-click to enter numerical values...is there another option I'm forgetting that needs to be clicked somewhere?

Oh, and I'm using MTS Jonha sliders & LadyFrontBum's Bella3lek4's Facial Sliders (hopefully ok to mention here lol).
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Yeah that likely is the issue. If someone else is using slider multiples that differentiate from yours it can make things wonky. There should be another setting in CAS settings (MC) that says something about numerical value. "Show numeric slider value" make sure that is set to TRUE. Its right after the "show in compact form" options.

TRY that, and if that's set to true then..... I dont know!!! ;)
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Awesome! This is the first time playing with custom sliders, so haven't found all the different options. I'll go check and see if I've set that one. Appreciate your help :)