Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - Expansions aren't registering in game! Help!

Hello everyone,
Several weeks ago, my game didn't register that my expansions were installed and checked off in the dashboard. After re-installing the origin client, i was able to fix it. But i'm having the same problem. The base game is loading, and even though my expansion packs are checked off in the expansion tab of the dashboard, they aren't working in game. I'd prefer to avoid uninstalling and re-installing the games because they'll take at least 24 hours to re-install.

Any help is appreciated!
Victoria Evans

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2016
    Origin updates keeps messing up. I would try uninstalling origin again and see if that will work. If not I would contact EA directly and report the problem. You should not have to uninstall and reinstall the game.
  • Options
    victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    Origin updates keeps messing up. I would try uninstalling origin again and see if that will work. If not I would contact EA directly and report the problem. You should not have to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Thank you for responding! I'll try it in a bit and see if it works :) I wish they didn't change their system. The old one was much more reliable .-.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Thank you for responding! I'll try it in a bit and see if it works :) I wish they didn't change their system. The old one was much more reliable .-.

I know but they want everyone locked into origin. Right now my game still plays on the old patch so I have not had to deal with the annoyance of the 1.69 patch. Some people have no trouble with this patch and others do
  • Options
    jaymiex89jaymiex89 Posts: 53 Member
    Origin downloads my EPs, says they are installed, but don't show up in my game, either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Origin 4 times, uninstalled/reinstalled my games twice, but nothing fixes this. My computer shows that the EPs are installed, but nothing but the base game content is available! I've talked to four EA/Origin customer and tech support reps, but nothing fixes this! Help!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    jaymiex89 wrote: »
    Origin downloads my EPs, says they are installed, but don't show up in my game, either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Origin 4 times, uninstalled/reinstalled my games twice, but nothing fixes this. My computer shows that the EPs are installed, but nothing but the base game content is available! I've talked to four EA/Origin customer and tech support reps, but nothing fixes this! Help!
    Some time ago, it seems you reported playing on a Mac. Is this still the Mac version of the game or are you on Windows now?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    bfuzziebunniebfuzziebunnie Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem and am getting very unhappy I spent a day with 5 different techs and still nothing. im on windows. only expansion packs I have installed are ones I loaded from disk. I downloaded the sims 3 game from disk also, I wonder if thats the problem should I uninstall the game then start over by downloading from origin.
  • Options
    victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    I am having the same problem and am getting very unhappy I spent a day with 5 different techs and still nothing. im on windows. only expansion packs I have installed are ones I loaded from disk. I downloaded the sims 3 game from disk also, I wonder if thats the problem should I uninstall the game then start over by downloading from origin.

I find that in between reinstalling origin, restarting my computer and waiting a few hours, it usually reloads :)