Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Legacy Challenge Question

slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
Hi all,

I have recently begun a legacy challenge using Pinstar's advanced rules, along with some handicaps.

One of the handicaps I have chosen for the challenge is no drinking elixir of life.

My legacy family recently brought Bigfoot home with them from their Three Lakes vacation. I know that Bigfoot cannot earn points because he is not part of the bloodline.

My question is, if he technically doesn't 'count' as part of the legacy challenge, do you think it would be allowable for him to drink the elixir? Since he's not technically part of the family bloodline, it shouldn't matter, right? I would like to keep him alive as long as I can throughout the challenge if at all possible.

Thoughts, opinions? Any input is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Well.... I think it's fine and since you won't get any points from him, I like the idea. :D

He's great for stopping Burglars. XD
  • Options
    Thanks, @Rflong7 for your input :)

Oh I can't wait to see what he does when a burglar comes. I think he is just the dearest thing, especially when he goes off to work in his little vest, tie and hat. :D

Anyone else?
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I agree with @Rflong7 - if he isn't worth any points there should be no reason not to keep him alive if you'd like. Plus it would probably make for a more enjoyable storyline :) !!
  • Options
    Oh it really does! He already topped his career so he's bringing in good money. He's tending a garden for the family as well. Except I had him gardening out in a thunderstorm and he got struck by lightening and almost died. Luckily I was able to get him to some food in time, even if it meant him peeing himself in the process. Poor guy! :D
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    This sounds adorable, and I've seen plenty of legacies with a sim judged to no longer be part of the rules made immortal, though sometimes not one that lives on the main lot. (Since Bigfoot can't breed, isn't an heir/member of the bloodline, can't earn points, and probably isn't singlehandedly lifting your sims out of poverty if they were able to go on vacation and befriend him, I wouldn't count this as cheating, personally.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Jemma_PizzazJemma_Pizzaz Posts: 10 New Member
    Good luck!!!