Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please allow adults to adopt children in their household

This was almost an usual evening in a mad scientist and her husband's house. It started with strange lights in the sky. But usually, it's the female scientist who is the victim of her alien coworkers' pranks. Not her husband. But he apparently didn't seem traumatized from being chosen this time.

795752Capturedecran20161219a004743copie.png

He even got a little souvenir from his trip.

63323412191653935AM.png

82547312191652533PM.png

When Angel was born, everybody was so happy. His dad, his big brother... and his roommate, who thought that she would be the mom. Or at least his step-mother. But she merely was a roommate. She wanted to be a mom. But she couldn't adopt the baby.
So I decided to edit the family in CAS, full edit mode. All relationships can be edited... Except the "roommate" relationship that "can't be changed on pre-made sims". :/
So I decided to type the relationshipbit cheat, with endless sim IDs. It's such a big responsibility. Imagine what could happen if ever I typed the mom's ID wrong, and by coincidence it matched some random townie...

195446Capturedecran20161219a180618copie.png

Imagine the poor kid being traumatized for life.

Seriously, it would be really great for sims have the possibility to adopt a baby or a child who is already their partner's child in their household. And to have a simple interaction instead of a cheat to do it. I don't want to have to cheat to set my sims as parents instead of roommates, and I'm certainly not alone :(

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2016
    Candyd wrote: »
    195446Capturedecran20161219a180618copie.png

Lmao. That's awesome. Sorry. I do agree with you. But geez. Could that have gone any more wrong?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    @kremesch73 Oh yes, that could go even more wrong now that she has a soulmate :D

553130Capturedecran20161220a154706copie.png

To go back to the original topic, I saw that cheats don't change family trees. I had to use MCCC to reset all relationships with the child to change the family tree so that the mom could adopt her new child. I wonder if it's the same with townies who are single parents. So many step-parents reduced to roommates forever as long as the player doesn't use script mods, it's absurd and sad :( And creepy once children are adults and they can be attracted to each other :o