Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Entitlement Missing

Has something changed with the gallery? I am unable to place a lot. When I try, I get an error saying Entitlement Missing. Here is some information.

*I only have the base game. The lot shows it has items from packs ,but that was never a problem in the past. The lot just came without those items.

*I do not have a 50x50 lot, but I was always able to place it on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest with no problems.

*Other people have been able to download the lot with no problems. We are helping someone design a roof for their build.

*I've tried moving the building all over the lot, facing each direction, and it always fits within the boundaries, but I cannot put it down.

If they have changed it to where you cannot even place builds if you do not have the correct packs, I think I will pretty much be done with this game.
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Try doing the testing cheats ignore entitlements cheat first, then place the lot?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Try doing the testing cheats ignore entitlements cheat first, then place the lot?

I can try. How is the command worded?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I believe it's bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I believe it's bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

:( Still got the same error.

Anyone know when this changed, and why?

Buying the missing packs are simply not possible for me, so if I can only use base game downloads, that's pretty lame.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What is an entitlement?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    What venue type is the lot?, if the lot is listed on a venue you don't have because its part of a expansion pack or game pack than you can't place the lot down.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What is an entitlement?

It's a permission. It tried to take a screenshot of the error, but it would not allow me to.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    What venue type is the lot?, if the lot is listed on a venue you don't have because its part of a expansion pack or game pack than you can't place the lot down.

The lot I downloaded and the lot I am placing it on are both listed as residential. That was the first thing I checked.
  • Options
    What lot is it?

• Options
    What lot is it?

The lot I am downloading is @notetoself00x, named Dream home, or something along those lines. The lot I am placing it on is the 50x40 lot in Newcrest. Not sure the name. Both are listed as residential. I am downloading it unfurnished, and it is just a shell. Others could download it and place it. We are trying to help with building the roof. But I've never run into an entitlement issue before.
  • Options
    It worked fine for me. I notice some of the decorations and wallpaper are glamour stuff, other than that not munch in there. However some of the pictures of the lot are missing when looking through so that may cause you problems. The lot does have a basement if your playing base game and no added packs your need to update to the most recent patch to get the basement and the floor levels for the build, other than that there is nothing wrong with the lot.

• Options
    The lot has a glitch in it and when I loaded it restarted my computer, so the lot is bad.

• Options
    It worked fine for me. I notice some of the decorations and wallpaper are glamour stuff, other than that not munch in there. However some of the pictures of the lot are missing when looking through so that may cause you problems. The lot does have a basement if your playing base game and no added packs your need to update to the most recent patch to get the basement and the floor levels for the build, other than that there is nothing wrong with the lot.

I do have basements.
    The lot has a glitch in it and when I loaded it restarted my computer, so the lot is bad.

OK, weird. I wonder how the others downloaded it. Ok, I'll just treat it like a lost cause, one off problem, I suppose.

Thanks!
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I tried to put that lot in my game and it kept disappearing off the lot.
  • Options
    I tried to put that lot in my game and it kept disappearing off the lot.

OK, I'll let them know the build might be broken, and ask him to upload it again. Thanks.