Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will a GTX 750 Ti be able to run TS3 with all EPs?

I'm thinking about getting this card but as I didn't find it on the MTS list I'd like to know if this one could be good enough. I don't need ultra settings or anything. Low-low medium without lag is enough.
(the CPU is an i3 3,6 GHz and 4GB of RAM)
My other option is a used Radeon HD7750, which should run everything according to the list.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You have to make sure your computer hardware can handle the upgrade. You can't just change out or add a card. Do you know your make and model computer? You would need to speak to @chesterbigbird about computer upgrades.

I would not buy a used card. You don't know how it was used previously.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    edited December 2016
    Well, I do know who used it previously: the guy who built the current computer and recommended this card. (the 750) The reason I'm asking is because he recommended it for the sims 4. (which I run only on my laptop so it's not relevant here).
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Both cards are on the updated MTS list and would be fine if they were new. If your lists aren't going down that far in the Radeon and Nvidia sections, then you are looking at older ones or a cached copy of the page (this happens sometimes especially after their site goes down).
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

But I have to agree against used cards unless that were really the only option. Even if you know who used them, you don't know if they sustained any overly heavy or life shortening damage by accident or unbeknownst to the current owner. I'm not sure I would even trust myself as a previous owner. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Oh, thanks I don't know why I didn't notice it. But then I have another question: what does maybe mean exactly? I mean, does it lag on low settings too?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Maybe means your experiences may vary. My card ranks a Maybe on IP and ITF but they run fine. Whether I can run on medium or high settings depends on the world being played.

Hopefully a RAM upgrade is also being considered? 4GB is a bit tight for all EPs.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Being considered? Sure. But with Christmas coming we don't really have money for a RAM upgrade too. Also, technically I don't have all EPs, UL and IP are still missing...although I should get those too before all second-hand copies are gone. Anyway, thanks for the help and merry Christmas in advance. :)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The game needs ram, cpu and video card. They all work together. You may still lag having an i3 and only 4gb ram. Even if you upgrade your video card. I would talk to the guy who built your computer about ram. The ram may not be that expensive but your really need 8gb ram. The game alone needs 4gb. As your saves get larger you may run into error code 12 which is not having enough memory. Merry Christmas