Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth it?

Hi guys!
I got the base game on release, and spent an hour or two on it before i became bored. Now that they've released expansion packs, has this changed for anyone? (I know a few were bored after playing a few hours) Is it any better?

Thanks!
victoriae350

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Get Together's club system is a nice addition for dreaming up your own way of playing with groups of Sims.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    I too was a little bored with just the base game. Besides I found the color scheme way to designed/restricted. Now I changed my mind, as more featured were added. It's even possible to create a colorful home! :)

I got Get To Work (which I love for the objects more than the careers, but they come with plentiful content, so I won't need to play them all at once. I also got City Living, that I think adds a lot, besides the city is very nice and different from the other worlds. Also added Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out. The restaurants are great, I really need to build one in San Myshuno!

So, yes, adding will make the game a lot better.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I wouldn't really recommended both game packs and expansion packs to be honest, it may be enjoyable for four hours then you just get bored with it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Your mileage may vary - as you can see from the answers here already. Nobody can predict whether something is going to be non-boring for you. I'd suggest watching liveplays of the various packs to see if one seems likely to give you enough hours of enjoyment to be worth the price for you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like City Living, and Get to Work is ok.
    Get Together is great for clubby stuff.

But personally, I don't find any of it worth paying full price for.
    If there's a sale, maybe get one pack, and see if you feel it adds much to your game, before you buy too many more.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif