Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

c'mon who thought this was a good idea

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    Hmm... well... I have heard that in Australia it's a good practice to wear hiking boots wherever you go as there are a lot of poisonous snakes around. If she was from there, perhaps she'd get my vote just for her ingenuity. But the hiking boots should really match the outfit better--at least compliment the colour!

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @Theseareourlives , I'm not sure but I don't think San Myshuno is in Australia but I could be wrong , then again I don't think a politician sim would be traipsing all over the outback . But I'm not Australian so you could be right and she's just wearing the wrong colour.
    To any Australians out there come forward and defend your fashion sense.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I don't know about other places, but in New England it was really common to go to work like this. It's muddy and gross outside. You would keep your work shoes in a bag and change when you got to your desk. You'd put your boots or sneakers back on at lunch when you went out, too.

I was really surprized when I moved south and saw people keep their boots on all the time! Weirdos! Change your shoes inside! :pensive:

Either way, just another detail totally blown in TS4.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,617 Member
    Well, she's obviously trying to stay fit. She sits as her desk most of the day, and on her lunch break, goes for a bit of a jog? Perhaps, she thought she could save time by not changing them back to her pumps. But, I agree, it looks terrible. What was she thinking?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I'm Australian and we most certainly do not wear hiking boots around the office!! :wink: We are just like every other city, and urban area in any part of the US or the world. It's only in the outback or country areas that you'd be working on the land and need to wear boots to work, but then you also wouldn't be wearing a skirt and jacket at the same time. We're just like you! :)
  • Options
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    I'm Australian and we most certainly do not wear hiking boots around the office!! :wink: We are just like every other city, and urban area in any part of the US or the world. It's only in the outback or country areas that you'd be working on the land and need to wear boots to work, but then you also wouldn't be wearing a skirt and jacket at the same time. We're just like you! :)

Yes I figured you Aussies have more class than that. ;)
    And @GalacticGal I don't think hiking boots are good for jogging. lol
    @Piperbird why do people who live in the south even need boots? Isn't it always hot there?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    have any of you seen The Big Bang Tv show, Penny wears boots with shorts and T shirt, so why cant our sims lol.
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Meegie1977 wrote: »

Yes I figured you Aussies have more class than that. ;)
    And @GalacticGal I don't think hiking boots are good for jogging. lol
    @Piperbird why do people who live in the south even need boots? Isn't it always hot there?

Not always. Here it is very cold for about two months out of the year, with a small amount of snow. It does rain for most of the year, so it is muddy. People here seem to wear boots mostly for fashion. I don't understand it at all. I'm used to several feet of snow at home for six months or more.
  • Options
    @Piperbird ahh I see south of England , I didn't pay enough attention when you said moved south. I just thought you moved tropical.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    @Piperbird ahh I see south of England , I didn't pay enough attention when you said moved south. I just thought you moved tropical.

Oh! No, not England, New England. Connecticut. I've moved south to Kentucky. New England is cold and snowy for a lot of the year, a lot more than I like. Kentucky gets very hot in the summer, but stays pretty nice (except for the rain) most of the year. When it does snow it is pretty hilarious watching the locals freak out. An eighth of an inch, and the entire place shuts down!
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I have a potlician going to work in a suit and the weird shoes they wear at the hospital but I'm having some issues with the
    sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas cheat - it doesn't seem to work?
  • Options
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    I have a potlician going to work in a suit and the weird shoes they wear at the hospital but I'm having some issues with the

did you try typing 'testingcheats true' first ?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited November 2016
    CK213 wrote: »
    Hercules memory triggered!
    https://youtu.be/Rn371MdjqME
    OMG I was just looking for that very same clip and then I saw you had already posted it! I love that moment in Hercules :D Except they cut off the part where he says 'I thought they looked kinda dashing'
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    She's a councilperson and this is her carreer outfit. Look at those shoes!! They are hiking boots! Hiking boots with a suit no less! argh... driving me nuts . Who would vote for someone who thinks it's a good idea to wear hiking boots with a suit.
    11-24-16_12-29-38PM_zpsvhuaap2h.png
    I can't wait till she gets a promotion so I don't have to look at that again.

Lol, my political Sim came home after being promoted wearing a suit and bare feet.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    tegteg87 wrote: »

did you try typing 'testingcheats true' first ?

testingcheats isn't required, but make sure the sim you want to change is active, or follow the cheat with the sim's ID if they are an NPC.

Also, try restarting your game. I sometimes have issues with cheats or hot keys not working until I reload.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    She's a councilperson and this is her carreer outfit. Look at those shoes!! They are hiking boots! Hiking boots with a suit no less! argh... driving me nuts . Who would vote for someone who thinks it's a good idea to wear hiking boots with a suit.
    11-24-16_12-29-38PM_zpsvhuaap2h.png
    I can't wait till she gets a promotion so I don't have to look at that again.

That's nothing this is how my Sim wins his votes......naked....and yes he literally does ask for votes in the buff

8adqK1I.png

stcelq0.png

xsV4zKt.png

aYquHX6.png
  • Options
    OssbornOssborn Posts: 25 Member
    I use the "Copy Any Outfit" mod from MTS for such cases.... just create the career outfit as everyday outfit for example, the use the cheat from that mod with " everyday [1-5, depending which slot uses the new career outfit ] career 1" and the problem of silly clothes is solved.