Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we?

Is there a way to find apartments in the gallery? Like some apartments I didn't like the look on the inside and tossed them out but now some are just blanks. Is there a way to find apartments on the gallery aside from just penthouses?

Comments

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2016
    Type in the apartment name and search for it on the gallery. There is a work around where people have been uploading an entire layout as a room, but you'll have to replace the walls that are missing when you plop it down. So let's take for instance you want to replace "17 culpepper" then just type in "17 culpepper apartment" into the gallery and make it search for rooms. Match it up perfectly with the apartment, plop it down, and then replace any missing walls/doors. It should be usable!
  • Options
    rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    Some people have figured out that if you remove one wall from each room so that the apartment is continuous and technically one room, it can be shared on the gallery. I've seen some people using that method on the gallery, so if you find some of those, you can put them in your game as long as it fits the building you're in. Just remember to fill back in the deleted walls
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    When I went to place a room to fill the place it is read and won't let me place it, says 'Cannot place due to fixed objects' any work around from that?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    mikes1987 wrote: »
    When I went to place a room to fill the place it is read and won't let me place it, says 'Cannot place due to fixed objects' any work around from that?
    Were you encroaching on the communal area?
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

You need to turn on moo. Type in bb.moveobjects on in the cheat box. I have only been getting that when a room has moo objects placed. No idea why, but that fixes it.
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member

You need to turn on moo. Type in bb.moveobjects on in the cheat box. I have only been getting that when a room has moo objects placed. No idea why, but that fixes it.

That worked! Thank you all! I found some decent ones but I hope they soon make an apartment tab :persevere:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They will probably never make an apartment tab. It's too problematic. If you could save an entire apartment lot, there will be some people who will try and place the wrong apartment in the wrong lot and complain that the game is limiting them. Using the work around to save an apartment as a room is the best it will ever get for those that can't rework apartments on their own.