Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The tourist oufits.

has GOT to go!! All the sims from other towns show up to the city wearing this awful garb. Its out of hand, and Ive seen a post about the racoon epidemic. It's a bit much.

11_05_16_7_41_17_PM.png
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I actually think it's funny *shrugs* It's basically just making a parody about tourists, that many go to places wearing clothes that do not fit in at all.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I haven't experienced the raccoon epidemic but am experiencing this and I need it fixed. At first I thought "Oh funny a random sim dressed as a tourist" but when you start seeing more and more come out it's becomes annoying.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They could at least have given us a range of tourist outfits. I haven't even played for very long yet but I've seen loads of them.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    This is the first time in a game where I see tourists have a particular uniform!!
    This is a very bad decision.

And by the way what tourists they are talking about? All the sims visit every world randomly. How come this new world treating sims as tourists? And why these so called tourists are wearing summer/camping clothing when all they are visiting is a city?

So many bad decisions here that do not add anything to game play.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Instead of just going for the looks of tourists they should have gone for functionality. Tourists should have a small icon over their heads showing they are tourists. They don't need to ditch their normal clothing to wear this. And the additional stuff should be more tourist interactions. Like asking city living sims about directions, city living sims bragging about living in the city etc..

things unique to the tourists.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2016
    This is the first time in a game where I see tourists have a particular uniform!!

And by the way what tourists they are talking about? All the sims visit every world randomly. How come this new world treating sims as tourists? And why these so called tourists are wearing summer/camping clothing when all they are visiting is a city?

Not all Sims visiting San Myshuno from other worlds wear that outfit. It's random whether they do or don't.

For example, these Sims from Windenburg are wearing their normal everyday outfits.

bcdd5452c4904bd49082bc33bc5d658a.png

As someone else mentioned, it's a parody of real life - a caricature. American tourists in particular are often portrayed as sticking out like a sore thumb while traveling in Europe. White socks, sandals and fanny packs would be the best example. They are just taking a stereotype and exaggerating it for comedic effect.

Really not a big deal imo - but, as with hot dogs, clowns and alien abductions, they will probably fix it in a patch.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    They are horrendous, aren't they!? I mean.. I don't think I look like that when I go visit London...
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    As @aaronjc123 said, they're parodies of tourists (especially North American tourists). They're Tourists with a capital "T."
    I love the guy with the green socks and sandals.
    The only thing that would make them more perfect is if they spoke in a different form of Simlish, and THEY SPOKE IT REALLY LOUD so you'd understand them better.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Seeing townies in random goofy costumes is like one of my least favorite aspects about this game in general, especially if it's one of your sims.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Seeing townies in random goofy costumes is like one of my least favorite aspects about this game in general, especially if it's one of your sims.

And especially when you put lost of time and effort into their outfits.
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    When I heard about tourists, I thought it would be a group of 4 or 5 people with an indication above their head, and one tourist guide. Like clubs they would move around as a group and take pictures, walk around to observe places alone and gather again. Maybe the guide will use the loud speaker to call back the tourists. And different outfits for tourists so it won't look too weird.

Is not like that in game, is it? :/
    They are just randomly assigned just like other NPC jobs.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I actually rather like it. :winces: it's kind of fun to see my sims in outrageous clothing that I'd never in a million years select for them. lol I am sorry that you're unhappy with it, though. :( My non CL sims are always wearing the clothing I selected for them when I visit them or call and invite them to my apartment or out on a date. I'd probably be really bothered with the tourist clothing if they were still wearing the tourist garb during those situations, but they don't, so it's an amusing fashion shakeup for me.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2016
    Are they as bad as they are in Sims 3: WA?

btw... Does anyone know how to unlock this outfit or where I can download it? I wanted to put it on Ned Whalen.
    hehe of course plasticbox uploaded it. here it is if anyone else wants it: http://modthesims.info/d/538028
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the tourist outfit. I think it's funny. Isn't it already in our CAS under full body outfits? I know I've used it before on my nerdy sims and I didn't need to unlock anything.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

Not all Sims visiting San Myshuno from other worlds wear that outfit. It's random whether they do or don't.

For example, these Sims from Windenburg are wearing their normal everyday outfits.

As someone else mentioned, it's a parody of real life - a caricature. American tourists in particular are often portrayed as sticking out like a sore thumb while traveling in Europe. White socks, sandals and fanny packs would be the best example. They are just taking a stereotype and exaggerating it for comedic effect.

Really not a big deal imo - but, as with hot dogs, clowns and alien abductions, they will probably fix it in a patch.

Doing random stuff like this is WRONG
    We create sims, give them personalities or at least imagine personalities to them.
    For example I have one of my sims in willow creek as a Queen. She is elegant, shy, reserved and if I have this pack and see her in this town wearing this plumming clothing as a tourist then this will spoil my game and even my imagination.

Imagining my queen wearing this horrendous thing will kill it all for me.
    11-25-15_3-50-59nbspPM.png

11-25-15_4-41-34nbspPM.png

As some other players mentioned here, what they could do is add in CAS a new category under special category so that special category contains work and tourist outfits. If you don't choose anything it should be random but in case you want your sim to have something specific as a tourist then you can do that.

The way it is right now is very bad.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

btw... Does anyone know how to unlock this outfit or where I can download it? I wanted to put it on Ned Whalen.
    hehe of course plasticbox uploaded it. here it is if anyone else wants it: http://modthesims.info/d/538028

I believe it was added in the patch too if I'm not wrong, or it was already there in CAS since the beginning but I don't remember it having the pouch.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I find the tourist outfits funny. It highlights the power of San Myshuno that anyone from the outside can drop into a tourist mode. I see it would be bit of a stretch for some sims (like the queen)... but it could be her disguise in the big crowd to walk without security.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

Sigh...those are the normal "visiting" sims...not tourists. You answered it yourself.

Also it might be funny at first but then it gets annoying. I wouldn't like to see this on a daily-routine when playing
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2016
    DeKay wrote: »

I believe it was added in the patch too if I'm not wrong, or it was already there in CAS since the beginning but I don't remember it having the pouch.
    The regular hawaiian shirt outfit has been in the game since the start. Ned Whalen was a promotional sim for the game and wears it. Apparently the tourist version (fanny pack) has been in the game since the start too BUT for whatever reason, hidden. That's coming from plasticbox on MTS who unlocked it and uploaded it.

This pack only allowed tourist sims to wear it but it's not unlocked in CAS.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    I don't like the outfits either. If I see the same tourists a lot I sometime go into CAS to edit them
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    I wish they would leave our housed/played Sims alone. As a rotational storyteller, I do not enjoy seeing my carefully created Sims who have their own elaborate story lines taken outside those stories so they can tell me how to play MY game.

I created a hider for those outfits. So far, it's stopped my housed/played Sims from being changed in to them, it doesn't stop the randoms from being spawned in that outfit and I'm fine with that. I just don't want my housed/played Sims altered because they decided how I should play my game.

Now, to do something about the way Sims will change into a weird painters outfit when they visit the Arts Center.