Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The fireworks at the Humor and Hijinks festival make it worth it

My sim just went and can I must say I LOVED the fireworks. They all went off one after another in a loop sort of, and it was nice because they actually lasted more than a minute.

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    I enjoyed that aspect of the festival as well. The music that plays in the background during it was amazing too!
    Outside of that, though, that festival is a rather odd one. I can see the benefit of it for leveling mischief/comedy skills and making friends/connections, but outside of those two things, I didn't see much else to do there. Certainly useful if I need to level those skills, but I don't think I'll be revisiting that festival unless I need to level those skills or I'm need money. (Festivals are definitely a great place to play an instrument for tips, so many tippers in one spot!)

Edit: Also, because of the amazing ambiance I would also take a date there. The music + fireworks + beautiful setting = wonderful date location for sure!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I enjoyed that aspect of the festival as well. The music that plays in the background during it was amazing too!
    Outside of that, though, that festival is a rather odd one. I can see the benefit of it for leveling mischief/comedy skills and making friends/connections, but outside of those two things, I didn't see much else to do there. Certainly useful if I need to level those skills, but I don't think I'll be revisiting that festival unless it's to play my guitar for tips. (Festivals are definitely a great place to play an instrument for tips, so many tippers in one spot!) Oh, because of the amazing ambiance I would also take a date there. The music + fireworks + beautiful setting = wonderful date location for sure!

Yeah it definitely isn't a must do in my gameplay, however I did enjoy visiting it at least once. My sim also went there with one of her friends and ended up kissing him for the first time during the fireworks after their team won. Too bad she found out he had a wife afterwards...
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh wow, that sounds so romantic! Did you take a screenshot?!
    Total downer that he was a cheating plumnugget. :scoffs:

I agree the ambiance of the festival is AMAZING, I just wish there was a little more substance to it. Perfect date or birthday location, though.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    So far, this is the only festival my sim has attended and I love it, especially the fireworks. You can see them without going to the map view (Sims 3 flavor of fireworks) but my most favorite thing was several sims stopped what they were doing to actually look up in the sky and "ohh" and "ahh" at the pretties. I really loved the sims actually noticed there was something going on. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.