Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

this takes the ..

ok i am so annoyed with my game and ea cos they seem 2 be usless with doing anything.
my game mucked up completely and i emailed ea and they still havnt replied after 2 months! i know they r busy but im sure there is more then 1 person going though emails.
anyway my game mucked up something to do with the graphics so i decided that maybe if i uninstalled my game then installed it again it may solve the problem. it didnt! and even worse i just tried to download my previously d/l items and install them into my game and it wont let me. it says they are already installed and they r not. so now not only is my game ruined and i cant play it, if i was able 2 i only have half a game!

i am so annoyed that ea just havnt seemed 2 help me cos as i see now i have wasted perficly good money on something that isnt going to work.

has any1 else had a problem with their game and if they have emailed ea how long has it taken 4 them tp reply 2 u?

Comments

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've not had any issues with my game aside from my computer overheating (¬¬) and Story Progression but did you try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card? If your card met the minimum specs then that could be the reason behind your graphics troubles.

Have you checked to see if the items are in your game? Sometimes with games like these even when you uninstall things get left behind (downloads folders etc) so if you didn't delete them then chances are you'll still have everything you bought from the store.

I'm sorry, I'm not very tech-savvy but I had to update my graphics card drivers before I could run the game and TS2 always left behind its download folder so...
  • Options
    helinchelinc Posts: 97 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ok do u no how i update the graphics card
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The way I did it was through the 'can you run it' website as it linked me to the drivers for my graphics card but I imagine that the website would also have that stuff. If you know the make of your graphics card have a look for their website and you should be able to download it :)

If it isn't your drivers have you tried adjusting your graphics settings in game? The game looks really bad on the lowest settings which it seems to default to.

Sorry I can't be more help.
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2009
    They didn't reply because its pretty much your fault. They weren't going to send you a new video or graphics card, free of charge >.< Sorry that happened to you but...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They didn't reply because its pretty much your fault. They weren't going to send you a new video or graphics card, free of charge >.< Sorry that happened to you but...

That's not very fair. They're not expecting a new card they just wanted to know why their graphics weren't working.

EA could've answered their e-mail or at least put technical stuff like this in the manual. Not everybody has spiffy new computers and even though mine is over spec I still had to update my graphics card before it would work and I wouldn't have known to do that if the 'can you run it' site hadn't told me.
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wasn't trying to be rude. I don't know what the OP was expecting. EA gets probably a ton of emails like this a day. I geuss they should just have one that goes:

"We are deeply troubled to here that The Sims 3 is not working on your computer. We suggest that you look to see if your video card or graphics card is updated."

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited August 2009
    It could be any number of problems with the graphics card. I'm also guessing you didn't send them system specs either. It's hard to help when we don't even know what kind of graphics card it is.

But anyway, I would double check your system specs and also a game bunking up "could" be a sign that your card gets to hot and needs a fan, a new graphics card is needed, or one that doesn't meet the specs and I could go on.

I'm sorry for your troubles though. It really does stink :x
  • Options
    skydancerSimskydancerSim Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ok first off I do understand your frustration.

You stated in your post that you sent an e-mail to EA. What dept of EA did you send it to? Did it include a full description of the problem? Did you type in the text of the error messages (if any) that you were recieving when the game messed up?

Also, have you checked technical help section of these forums to see if anyone is/was having the same problem as you are? Maybe somebody had your issue and was able to fix it...

You stated that you had graphics problems. There are lots of different types of graphics problems. Is it a driver issue? Is your graphics card supported? Is it another type of graphics issue? Lots of people here would be more than willing to help you but we need more detailed information to do so.

I hope you can get your issues resolved soonest. Its really awful to have a game you have really looked forward to be unplayable.

• Options
    publicolapublicola Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Updating your graphics card....

Assuming you are running Windows and not a Mac.

1. Go to your "Start" menu.
    2. Select "Run"
    3. Type in DXDIAG
    4. then go to "Display"
    5. the screen that pops up should tell you what your graphics card is.
    6. google the make of your graphics card
    7. visit the site and look for the most recent download for your particular card
    8. download and run it.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ahjahbeanahjahbean Posts: 208 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You can always post your dxdiag in the technical forum and ask people to help you figure out why you're having problems. It may be worth a try! Good Luck!
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:

That's not very fair. They're not expecting a new card they just wanted to know why their graphics weren't working.

EA could've answered their e-mail or at least put technical stuff like this in the manual. Not everybody has spiffy new computers and even though mine is over spec I still had to update my graphics card before it would work and I wouldn't have known to do that if the 'can you run it' site hadn't told me.
    It's not something new. In general, companies won't help out with tech support if you knowingly (or not knowingly, but could have known, if the info was very public or such) installed their product and had issues because your computer was not up to snuff.
    It seems like the drive thru, and I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse, but you're not the first one this has happened to.
    They probably won't reply because it isn't really their problem.