Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expedition Robinson - An Interactive Game Competition - Cancelled... D:

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited December 2016
    Challenge 1 - The Big Race

@HayloHusky @KingSmarties @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens @Skelda @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299 @SjappielovePaul @icmnfrsh @Penguinwa101 @rosey1579 @Keyenpeydee @UniSims @Tip @ghettoxrainbows

A small yacht is sailing through the baby blue waters of the Filipinian archepelago. As a bright sun reflects its warm beams and plays with the new reflectations it makes on the waves of the sea, the yacht causing these waves approaches an uninhabited island.

On the prow of the yacht two noticable people are standing. They keep looking at the approaching island, then they turn their heads at the sailor. Once the boat was about 500 meters away from a beach, one of them signalled the sailor to stop sailing. The two hosts then faced another group of people, 15 faces in total. These 15 faces would soon embark on an adventure they'd never forget for the rest of their lives.

One of the two people, a young woman named Nicky Clover, who was wearing a black top with white texts and a cap on top of her blonde locks dancing in the sea wind, adressed the group of 15 first: "Expedition members. It's a sunny day now. You all look very relaxed now, but the coming month you will be facing many challenges."

Danny Waning, the dark-bearded man with his equally dark hair combed backwards, crossed his arms over his blood red t-shirt: "Among these challenges will be the elements, plotting, boredom, strategy, hunger and eachother. And your very first Challenge begins right here. Welcome.." Dramatic pause. "To Expedition Robinson."

*insert imaginary leader here. Something with The Rock theme song*

The 15 people nodded and listened closely as Nicky and Danny explained this very first Challenge. "The Challenge is split into a few legs. The Camps, the teams you'll be playing in for the first half of the expedition, are decided throughout. The first Camp to have all of it's members complete all the legs of this race, will win the very first Challenge. The very first person to complete the race will earn individual Immunity for the first 3 rounds of the expedition."

"During the race, you can also try and earn Extra Votes. Extra Votes are a strategic weapon, you can use them in addition to your regular vote during the Island Councils, where you'll decide who goes home. Attempting to gather these Extra Votes comes with the small cost of slowing your personal race down, but you gain strategic strength for it."

"The very first leg... The very first leg out of a total of 5, is right here on this yacht. 15 keys, and a few Extra Votes are hidden on this boat. You'll need these keys at later stages of the race, so you can't leave without any key. You're also free to take a maximum number of 3 Extra Votes with you."

"Once you got your key, you jump off the yacht and swim to that beach, which is your second leg. There are buoys. among your way to the island. Each of these buoys has Extra Votes tied to them, which you can take with you, with a maximum of 1 per buoy."

"The third leg, is a basic survival skill: making fire. On the beach are 15 chests, one per person. With the key from the yacht you can unlock a chest and gather the tools you need to build a fire. While you're making a fire, there are Extra Votes to collect from a table on the other side of the beach. Again, only 1 EV per run and a max of 3 total. Once you get a decent fire, grab the torch, also from your chest and ignite it. Then you run to the wall with 15 tubes hanging on ropes. You burn a rope, gather it's tube and with it, your allignment to either Camp North or Camp South."

"The 4th leg is a basic run to the Island Council area, where your final leg will take place. Along the path towards it you'll find 3 trees with EV's tied to it. You can decide to climb it and gather one."

"At the Island Council you will find a mathematical riddle. The answer to the riddle is a code, which you'll have to enter in the lock on your allignment tube. Each wrong answer though, is worth an EV, with another max of 3 EV's. After you've discovered your allignment, you place your torch on your Camp's table and so, finish your race. The first person to win earns individual Immunity for 3 rounds and the first Camp to be complete wins the Challenge."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, that was a bit of a mouthful. XD

The RL-Part, played on the forums, follows the lines of this Challenge. I'll inform you all of the rules for these 5 legs.

The time you play in the forum-played Challenge is mostly irrelevant. Your results of the game are decided upon your total score of the 5 legs.

For the first leg, I need you all to simply pick a number between 1 and 100 and send me a Personal Message with it. I picked one number myself as well. If you picked the same number I chose, you earn 500 points. Every digit you're off, you earn 10 points less than 500. The transition from 1 to 100 and the other way around counts as 1 digit of difference.

In this leg you are allowed to grab up to a maximum of 3 Extra Votes. Each EV you take costs you 50 points. Please inform me by the Personal Message how many you'd like to take, if you're interested.

I'll inform you about the next legs per Personal Message (PM).
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Bump! Most of you need to still play through some legs! :o:smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    @HayloHusky @KingSmarties @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens @Skelda @Tigerblu11 @YJB19299 @SjappielovePaul @icmnfrsh @Penguinwa101 @rosey1579 @Keyenpeydee @UniSims @Tip @ghettoxrainbows

Okay guys, here's for a sad announcement. I think I'm going to cancel Expedition Robinson. :'(

One reason is because some people who once signed up have not popped up since ages, and several people are yet to start with the first Challenge. Others haven't reacted for a while on their parts.
    Another reason is because this first Challenge really failed, with all communiccation struggle all over, and the fact that I made it 1-by-1 leg instead of all at once. This one's my fault.

Despite being cancelled, I still feel that I should try and give a prize. And, despite everything, one person actually finished the very first Challenge. This person is...

GHETTO! :smiley:

Because you are the 'winner', you get the main prize mentioned in the first post: a Sims copy of the 2 hosts. But first I need to ask: do you play Sims 3 or Sims 4?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Oh nosies, me totally forgots that :o
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    GhettoxRainbowsGhettoxRainbows Posts: 847 Member
    Oh yay me! I play sims 4 :blush:
    CSI Miami let's go to the beach!
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Oh my god I completely forgot about this! This must have become buried in my notifs! Sorry about it!
    sims 4 though
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Aww... Man.... :'(
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm really sorry that I didn't participate :( I never knew that the price would be a Sims 3 or Sims 4 base game. I have one but my cousin wants it. I should've participate!!! urgh
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    I'm really sorry that I didn't participate :( I never knew that the price would be a Sims 3 or Sims 4 base game. I have one but my cousin wants it. I should've participate!!! urgh

Nah, just a copy of the hosts, so they can be played in-game. I'm on my way home from my intern job, I hope I'll be able to get the prize done and sent tonight.

Sims 4 it is. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Please check your PM ;)
    Banner.png