Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holy mother of babies: Quadruplets?!

Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
Hey guys, my sim just gave birth to 4?!?!?!? babies omg. This has never happened to me before, has anyone of you ever gotten quadruplets? I don't know if this is because of a mod because in all my sims years this has never happened o-o. I do have Awesomemod and some NRAAS mods like SP but Ive had those for 3 years already and never had quadruplets before o-o

say hi to:

abteew.jpg
Scorpion

k4vuw3.jpg
Gazelle

jzciom.jpg
Panda

el7e3l.jpg
And Eagle!

They also already had a baby earlier which will turn into a toddler today so now I'm dealing with 5!!! babies/toddlers at once XoX this is gonna be quite the challenge e.e

The things I did during pregnancy: get fertility treatment for both parents, watch kids tv and work out to kids music.
Post edited by Namaya92 on

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I know the feeling .my founder of my legacy had one set of triplets then while they were toddlers she gave birth to another set of triplets so I had 6 babies to deal with .i think the quads might have come from the mods as I've seen others say
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    JordanSimsFJordanSimsF Posts: 221 Member
    This hasn't happened to me but it's pretty cool though.
    I love the names you chose for them too :smile:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Quads are provided for by an NRaas mod that was mentioned above but should not have been. It is against the rules of this forum to discuss that mod here, I'm afraid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Quads are provided for by an NRaas mod that was mentioned above but should not have been. It is against the rules of this forum to discuss that mod here, I'm afraid.

Ohh really you can't mention that mod? Weird. But alright then I know haha.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've gotten quads a few times during my 100 baby challenge, but that is when I was actively trying for multiples (kids music, kids tv, read the books, fertility reward, fertility massage... the whole shabang). I sometimes try for multiples in my regular games, and I'm sure I've gotten quads then, too, but I love multiples so much. :)

ETA: I don't think I've ever gotten them when I haven't been trying for multiples, but my memory is faulty at best, so I very well could have. :D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I had triplets and then quads. I got everything organized the nurse ready and all and then that save imploded. But I am great at managing many Sims. Get a routine, take your time. If you go to have kids again and you do the TV and the music because both parents have fertility treatment your odds will be increased GREATLY to have mistaken, especially if you can overstuff.

Don't think that you are gonna be just having single babies under you are super lucky. Enjoy. Maybe give us some updates when they get older?
  • Options
    @Minx I will ^^ I'm gonna enjoy this a lot :) They are part of my legacy so it will be a challenge to have them all complete a LTW before most of them move out!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I was playing a rags to riches challenge and my squatter sim fell in love with a random townie...he did the love swoon fan himself all the time. So I got them together. They got pregnant and it was quadruplets! Then they got pregnant again and it was quads again! This was the worst possible outcome for my poor sims, but it was honestly my favorite family. They kept me on my toes.

Here's a pic of what everyday life was for them:

wRBA0pMWq7HSCk6f-U3UGZkWXqvKj1IWPSJUVupdmql1GpL9zTMxgu9D5iVx0WeMluezArs-hZymKJK-VHSFMzrtfu_krKCcWtxqWzHXsYSUEksDqlw8F6hVENn0HfXapMpe52lvR_VsoMZxIYOlocyi6nOowuqbYWo5FA3kstUqVcew4cptAY5NfhyDctsmdrA-TGnJvpumnpihL_rbCqOrNCOe95VM2VwQHFSzjgdVYukmO6fAF4Pihw1KKfnidDPsDurBc5AohT7Vtt-iQAawQkomtjMP8ujl0bVbh678LzfEib5tLJEIj31UqRGb3h10e13zIcO4tjMLP2_kjl58r02GuJpup8QvYb5TmvnXeNbUHlsuzMjFxy7eXQvqYgmQisp1M6StzFY6LqvfzJ7o1V4TsDZoqn0zqtQb_T5YgLRqdw5Rt6Y_1h43r-_Y5bIzAV3gjQntvDc1TBtyCxYWsVNh3MzSWpawkDE9Fm8gXJtACeM2jVxuPew09HqhBgsH34iKeNFGmDsXC4HRg3eERR0TiHnkIXlm5BKF2lEMt4AJEEyGUT44T2e3RDzJDfTRPJSUtGOlm_3t9ne0GhuEzNCCtO5M4SYahG9Wel8dMKxwPA=w1757-h988-no
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2016
    LOL, the soon to be elder couple still "in charge" of my main household loves kids. They raised/are still raising 12 of them (not all at the same time) and would be absolutely delighted if they were presented with 8 grandkids almost all at once. It's all a matter of perspective. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    Oh my gosh! That's crazy. I didn't even know that was possible. I had twins back to back before, and they were all toddlers/babies at the time. It was so overwhelming.

They such are cute, though! :)
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    The things I did during pregnancy: get fertility treatment for both parents, watch kids tv and work out to kids music.

Well, there you go.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2016
    Noticed Gazele got darker skin than the rest almost like mom has.Will be the cute one of the family if it gets her genetics like her eyes and nose. <3 The pale one Panda looks like me me when I was a baby.Was afraid my mom would think I was a roll of paper towels by accident and throw me in recycling. :(
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Mstybl95 lol :D Where did you find the double toddler beds by the way?

This never happened to me OP. The double fertility treatment always resulted in triplets for me. I read once that having the treatments and wish for a large family (genie) would trigger it, but that was denied here a while ago. So I guess it must be mod related?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DuskeynDuskeyn Posts: 200 Member
    I used to enjoy having multiple births but then it started to distract the parents from the work/home balance that I like to play with. The mother tended to not return to work following her maternity leave as they would require so much attention and I couldn't cope with watching the nanny try and look after them both! I may try it again in my current family and see how it works
    DIXON.png
  • Options
    Ohmy I gotta tell you, it's hard work having quadruplets! By the time you tend to the 4th baby's needs, the first one starts crying again haha! The parents have no time for themselves at all. I think I need a butler, but they don't have the money for it atm T_T.
  • Options
    In my current game I just had quads. Daddy is a family oriented sim and mommy dislikes children. Daddy has the surrounded by family ltw. So, we only need one more baby. I hate how their genetic mixed in the kids QED can only hope for better with the third generation.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited October 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

This never happened to me OP. The double fertility treatment always resulted in triplets for me. I read once that having the treatments and wish for a large family (genie) would trigger it, but that was denied here a while ago. So I guess it must be mod related?

@JoAnne65 Here ya go. This set is pretty awesome! http://koposov-sims.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/set-no18-kids-bedroom-for-sims-3.html
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

@JoAnne65 Here ya go. This set is pretty awesome! http://koposov-sims.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/set-no18-kids-bedroom-for-sims-3.html

I think if you combine fertility treatment with lots of listening to kids music and/or watching kids TV and maybe also reading pregnancy books and having baby at home rather than at hospital will often result in quads.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Mstybl95 Thanks!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Thanks! Now my quadruplets dont have to be all spread around the house haha!

• Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I had quadruplets too once. It was only the mother and the father + 4 babies so I had to include a (vampire) stepmother who left the city to help her daughter.
  • Options
    I've had quads at the hospital. I wasn't aware that home birth had any effect on the birth at all.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    I've had quads at the hospital. I wasn't aware that home birth had any effect on the birth at all.

I'm not sure they do but I fear somewhere that they seem to. My Sims rarely have multiples as I do absolutely nothing to encourage it.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Having baby at hospital increases chance of you getting/choosing better traits and also helps all your pregnant sim's/baby's needs until you're done

Apart from that I'm unaware of how else its affected, I know you're supposed to have it at the hospital if your needs are low but I've no idea what could happen if you don't.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    ColabutterColabutter Posts: 46 Member
    Oh that's pretty cool! I've only ever had twins
    Yuuyake no Melody (夕焼けのメロディ)