Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Quarter" comment in the Patch notes... Quarterly Teaser? Seasons? Travel? World Editor?

SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
October 1st marks the start of a new Fiscal Year, so it makes sense that they would use an actual quarter's topography in their analogy - however, I feel like (maybe?) it's a reference to Seasons being added (four seasons in a year)! Of course it's most likely a reference to their next upcoming Quarterly Teaser...

* However, the rest of the notes: "Did you know that if you are only looking at one side of a ridge, you can’t see the other side? But if you wait, and let yourself move forward… just a short bit, you might find yourself on the other side of the ridge, able to see more... Is it better on the other side? It might be, but I suppose in the end it all depends on the perception of which side of the quarter you are looking from, and prefer." may be flirting with the idea of adding other travel destinations around the Sims "globe"? There are festivals in this new Expansion, so maybe that is a stepping stone to a more culturally indepth Stuff Pack?

Maybe they are going to make it possible to travel to another lot without a loading screen? Seeing one side of the Sims neighborhood and moving onto another, fluidly? That's probably really far-reaching. Maybe the neighborhoods will be bigger and more malleable, or maybe there will be a World Editor! Hmmm...

Honestly, I would much prefer seasons, but I'm always eager to hear about the newest addition to The Sims franchise <3

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    And the teaser video released today had nothing that addressed this :(
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe they will address it next year
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    Interesting..

the teaser on the other hand, was disappointing ....
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member

@Skidoodilybop ,
    Good thinking. I hope it´s reallay seasons. Make sence with holliday stuff pack...
  • Options
    SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2016
    @pamy1124 - I was way more disappointed than I thought I'd be. I even spent 3 hours trying to get my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection game to play on Windows 10, just so I could have pets and Seasons (I was too lazy to try and find my whole collection of Sims 3 & expansion CDs, and install each individual one). I was surprised at how much more content the Stuff and Expansion packs came with back in the day!

The Sims 4 truly feels bare bones in comparison to its predecessors. For how little content the new additions offer, their prices are insane. Everything is a teaser now. We are so hungry for content, EA is feeding on that by giving us little tastes of things, and charging us up the wazoo, knowing we'll devour ANYthing new to help this game feel more alive :(

Sorry for the depressing turn! I've been playing The Sims since it first came out, and have watched this game grow, and am so sad to see the light fade when there is so much potential!

I wish I could work on The Sims team and be a part of its growth. It is so difficult to feel connected to something and see other people feeling disappointment, and not being able to do anything to remedy the situation.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    October 1st marks the start of a new Fiscal Year, so it makes sense that they would use an actual quarter's topography in their analogy - however, I feel like (maybe?) it's a reference to Seasons being added (four seasons in a year)! Of course it's most likely a reference to their next upcoming Quarterly Teaser...

* However, the rest of the notes: "Did you know that if you are only looking at one side of a ridge, you can’t see the other side? But if you wait, and let yourself move forward… just a short bit, you might find yourself on the other side of the ridge, able to see more... Is it better on the other side? It might be, but I suppose in the end it all depends on the perception of which side of the quarter you are looking from, and prefer." may be flirting with the idea of adding other travel destinations around the Sims "globe"? There are festivals in this new Expansion, so maybe that is a stepping stone to a more culturally indepth Stuff Pack?

Maybe they are going to make it possible to travel to another lot without a loading screen? Seeing one side of the Sims neighborhood and moving onto another, fluidly? That's probably really far-reaching. Maybe the neighborhoods will be bigger and more malleable, or maybe there will be a World Editor! Hmmm...

Honestly, I would much prefer seasons, but I'm always eager to hear about the newest addition to The Sims franchise <3

What do you think?

OP As much as I would love to see world tools back and no loading screens.. I think both wont happen in sims 4 :( and seasons probably (with all recent limitations) will be added to vacation worlds - that would kill the game for me.. dam I do sound very pessimistic.. sorry :(
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I don't play sims 4 that much because of disappointment but if seasons is legit I'll buy that just not city life what a disappointment!