Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 ~♥~

When I heard there was going to be a sims 4 I was over the moon, bought it and was instantly happy. A few things bugged me like all the phone use. Mods fixed that \o/ There are things I miss from Sims 3 (mainly the supernatural stuff) but it's still fun. I am only missing one stuff pack "Movie Hangout" Not regretted buying any of the add on packs and expansions. There was a scare I had when I read online that Sims might be done, but then I saw a video of that lovely lady whom name I cannot remember ;_; , but she made it clear that sims was not going to just stop and content would still be coming out.

Here we are 2016 nearing 2017 and having another expansion coming. I really hope the Sims continues to thrive and will always be in support of the game.

AND...there are some tiny things that erk me >.< but it's personal things.

A bit to disney, my evil sims are more goofy evil then actually evil.
Hot heads are not actually hot heads @_@ and super easy to make happy again.

I can live with all that though, I just hope in the future or maybe even in Sims 5 it will be more an adult focused game and everything won't be as happy happy silly.

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Nice to hear, OP. And I can only agree with you: TS4 is indeed a very good game. In fact, it's my favorite =) .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    What exactly drives you into TS4 and/or makes you think it’s the best in the franchise? (That’s a general question for anyone who likes the game.) How do you deal with things that are an annoyance for a lot of people, like any forms of culling and randomly generated relations, sims being cheaters by default? Do you use a mod or do they just simply not bother you? What about some restrictions and limitations, like the all or none system for foundations or no terrain tools, no colour wheel? Is the fact that you can’t fully control other sims in a household when they’re not on the same lot as your currently active sim and you lose time with them annoying, or not a problem at all? I asked a similar question in a thread a few months ago and got interesting answers.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ellary wrote: »
    When I heard there was going to be a sims 4 I was over the moon, bought it and was instantly happy. A few things bugged me like all the phone use. Mods fixed that \o/ There are things I miss from Sims 3 (mainly the supernatural stuff) but it's still fun. I am only missing one stuff pack "Movie Hangout" Not regretted buying any of the add on packs and expansions. There was a scare I had when I read online that Sims might be done, but then I saw a video of that lovely lady whom name I cannot remember ;_; , but she made it clear that sims was not going to just stop and content would still be coming out.

Here we are 2016 nearing 2017 and having another expansion coming. I really hope the Sims continues to thrive and will always be in support of the game.

AND...there are some tiny things that erk me >.< but it's personal things.

A bit to disney, my evil sims are more goofy evil then actually evil.
    Hot heads are not actually hot heads @_@ and super easy to make happy again.

I can live with all that though, I just hope in the future or maybe even in Sims 5 it will be more an adult focused game and everything won't be as happy happy silly.

Tempted to try this mod -- it tones down some of the decor and other buffs so that Sims don't instantly become Happy. Might work for your hotheads: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579603

Sims 4 isn't perfect, but it's getting better, and the content packs are getting better as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EllaryEllary Posts: 50 Member
    For me its the fact that my PC can run it. Sims 3 just won't run on my 2016 gaming PC which confuses me @_@. Humm the culling thing, I have seen people talk about this, but I have not experienced it I don't think? there have been friends my Sim didn't really talk to who moved away (vanished) but I just figured that is a normal live experience.

The cheaters by default? O_O I have a defective game, my sims do not cheat when married. I actually had my sim flirt with a married sim and he turned her down. Wait a few have sorta cheated a kiss here and there or a hug, but again that's life it happens and added some neat twists on their lives.

Controlling other sims in the household, hmm~ I have autonomy on for sims I don't have selected and usually when one leaves then returns the other sims are doing their own thing. To me it's not so bad, I guess I never thought much on that.

Terrain tools like hills and such? I am oddly okay with those being gone as I know it's easier for animators and items be made and placed in the world on a flat ground. If I remember right, there was a mod to add small hills. (not able to walk on them though)

Color wheel, it's missed, but there is lots of people doing re colors of clothing and I thank them for their hard work ♥
  • Options
    EllaryEllary Posts: 50 Member

Tempted to try this mod -- it tones down some of the decor and other buffs so that Sims don't instantly become Happy. Might work for your hotheads

Sims 4 isn't perfect, but it's getting better, and the content packs are getting better as well.

thank you so much ♥ !