Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did YOU do with Bluewater Village?

marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
Open For Business is probably one of my favorite expansion packs ever, and the little subhood that was shipped with it may as well be its own hood itself because I have had so much fun playing it. What did you guys to do with it? I'm interested to hear your stories on the premade sims too. Did Lisa call it quits and chase her dreams in the medical career? Did Gilbert ever fulfill his mother's wishes and settle down?

I never know what to really do with poor Florence Delarosa though. Poor girl is always stuck in limbo in my games.

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2016
    I tend to play University the most, and moved some graduated sims and a professor to Bluewater Village.
    I haven't done anything to the Jacquet or Florence Delarosa in my present game.

Tessa Ramirez and Melody Tinker went to college, of course, graduated and live in Riverblossom Hills now.
    Unfortunately, Melody doesn't chase her dreams but got a job in the architecture career.
    Tessa is a politician, and her mother Lisa is in the same career. Lisa is a campaign manager, while Tessa is a congressperson.

The Tinker family got more chaotic as Stephen and Wanda had twins after Melody moved out. Furthermore, the family got the shop called "Inner Child Toys and Gifts" from the society (a money cheat was used for giving them the money for the shop).
    To help taking care of the babies, another couple moved in from college and a small house was built next to the workshop in the garden. The new couple also had some friends who helped with the careers.

A new female sim was made for Malcolm Landgrabb IV.

Links to some pictures: Bluewater Village (2 pics) and parts of the 'old' Tinker family's home.
    Central Bluewater
    Bluewater North
    Part of 'old' Tinker's home with one of the new lodgers at the piano.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've just started my TS2 game over after not playing for some time, and the last time, I kind of messed up some stuff. I'm playing a Mega or Uberhood. In this world, Pleasantview is the main hood with all the others (EA worlds) including Bluewater as a business district. At the moment I'm getting all the bin families put into homes. But the last time Malcolm ended up getting married to the maid, Kaylynn Langerak, and they ended up with a son. I'm not sure what's going to happen this time around, but I'm sure it will be interesting.
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I never bother with it. When I have my Sims run businesses, I like to build it myself or run it from home.
  • Options
    chewpikkachewpikka Posts: 42 Member
    i loved the houses in blue water village but i always ran a home business so i didn't do much with it. should probably check out the pre-made businesses one of these days, LOL
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I added a Mod so I could just add any other template as a shopping district without activating Bluewater Village unless the town gets ready for that to be added.I will likely play the families there and manage their lives along with the rest in my town when it's added to my town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    cityboundcitybound Posts: 61 Member
    Malcolm got together with Dina Caliente in my game and they have two kids. Tessa Ramirez is in her sophomore year of college with her boyfriend, which is Don and Nina's son. (:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Never played Bluewater properly. In my first playthrough it was attached to Desiderata Valley and part of a war story. Families got torn apart and reunited, a lot of silly stuff happened, but in the end most sims achieved perma plat. Also I didn't take care to keep the sims' age in synch, so Gilbert ended up married to Melody Tinker, because when they eventually met they were of the same age.

In my second playthrough I put them into the roman age. Malcolm was a landowner who wanted to become senator, so he followed the politics career. In his house he had to keep and educate two hostages from germania, princes of tribes that hated each other (played by SimPE clones of Tank Grund and Johnny Smith from Strangetown). Florence was a priestess of Flora and Malcom's secret love. The others were farmers and crafstpeople. The neighborhood was very small and I pretended that all the lots were buildings of the same farm.
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    citybound wrote: »
    Tessa Ramirez is in her sophomore year of college with her boyfriend, which is Don and Nina's son. (:

I remember my first time playing BV, and I was a tad distraught that Tessa grew up to be incredibly ugly, as shallow as that sounds haha.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    Tessa is one of my main Sims' ex girlfriends they broke up at the end of uni :disappointed: but she's still best friends with his sister, and they are slowly coming around to talking to each other again (with a lot of work on her ex's part... I love the way relationships work in TS2) She founded one of the top sororities with Tasha Go. She was always the mature one in my second gen Sims circle.

Malcolm has always been a good acquaintance of my main sims, so I usually see him showing up a parties and other social functions. I think he's a playboy because he flirts with a lot of other townies. All the other BW townies were deleted (except for Tessa's dad) since I play with an empty hood and build the community with my own sims. Very few originals were preserved but those who did made it made it because I like their personalities when I played TS2 vanilla style :relaxed:

I used to play BW as my main hood for Crescent View, but now I play it as a proper subhood. It's a great hood overall, and it took me 2 years to realise that my BW was the same terrain as my unedited subhood BW *lol* So the hood has a lot of creative mileage give or take some minor terrain editing.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play a "megahood," where all the Maxis neighborhoods are combined. Florence from Bluewater and Lazlo Curious from Strangetown have three bolts for each other, so I went with it. They're absolutely crazy for each other and have the cutest twins.

Gilbert is a wanna-be-Don. He tries to have multiple romances but so far it's not working out that well.
  • Options
    delicadodelicado Posts: 4 New Member
    I also play a megahood.
    Melody got a relationship with David Ottomas and I sent them to college.
    Tessa will get a relationship with Tommy Ottomas in the future, but she is still a child.
    Malcolm will be marrying Dina who currently lives with the Goths. Dina has a child whom everyone thinks it´s Mortimers but this baby is from Don, who also lives with the Goths coz he married Cassandra.
    Gilbert got a relationship with Brandi broke and he married her. Brandi and her boys moved in with the Jacquets and she is helping with the bakery. Gilbert and Brandi got another son together.
    I think I will get Jason and Florence together but I am not sure about that yet.
  • Options
    hypersugarroxyhypersugarroxy Posts: 10 New Member
    Got Melody Tinker friendzoned by Alex Goth, lol. Might try them out again this next time. She eventually got with Justin Kim from Pets (they didn't have any chemistry but I thought I they could make it work), and had twin infant daughters before the desktop got thrown out. Meanwhile her parents gave her a little brother named Rodney. I liked his face.

I think Malcolm wound up with Heather Huffington of SSU, and they had a baby...boy? I think, probably a Malcolm V. They divorced & she left, taking her twins from her marriage to Don L with her. He kept the baby, though, something something self-imposed inheritance rules.

Ol' Gilbert wound up having 10 children with Tara Kat (also Pets). Her idea, of course; Family Sim and all. He wasn't too thrilled with that, I'm sure. Half the kids' names were puns.

Tessa Ramirez rejected Don & Nina's daughter Isabel as a teen, then jumped into her arms as soon as they got to college, right in front of Isabel's girlfriend. Shouldn't have QWS, could've used some drama, would've made things more interesting.

Oh! Can't believe I completely forgot - Lisa's affair with Don Lothario! They had a baby girl together - Don's youngest. Then I killed both her and Checo. The narrative was they were so distraught over this coming to light that they, uh... yeah. It was dark. I don't know why I did that, now I think about it. Finally made Don step up as a father, though; while little Esperanza's half-sister was busy ruining relationships at uni, elder Don wound up raising her.

Florence got with Cyd Roseland (also Pets), they had a daughter who made it to teen & started going out with the Tinkers' son.

And if the bin Sims count: Chester married Marla Biggs (ALT) and they had a DFAB baby, Sophie, who was going to be my first experiment with gender flags until, again, the desktop got pitched.

The Larson twins took in the Critturs, Jodie married Tom Freshe (ALT), and they had some kids. Jason wound up in a great love triangle with Julian Cooke (FreeTime) and Erik Swain (SSU). Julian had a giant crush on Erik but Erik only had eyes for Jason. Then Jared Starchild (SSU) moved in and I can't remember what happened next but I know Julian didn't get Erik ever. All four men were all very happy regardless and so were the dogs so yay.

I have absolutely nothing to report on business progress. Originally bought the pack for Servos. Next time.

Lisa's & Jason's stories are the best, IMO.

Virtually nothing that happened above will be happening next time I get a 'hood going, though. I have new plans for almost everyone.