Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies not generating? (No bouncers, no festival booth workers, etc...)

I've got a weird problem in my Bridgeport town right now, but in fact, it's happened since I started the town and it happened in the university town as well. Everything that needs to have an attendant lacks one. There are no baristas, mixologists, people at any booths at the festivals, etc. When I click on a register and go to nraas>register and try to assign a Sim to fulfill the role, every single choice gives me an error message saying that there are no Sims available to do it. Back in Bridgeport, my Sim (a premade Sim, by the way) tried to go to clubs and there was no bouncer. There would even be Sims crowding the red tape, but no bouncer! No mixologist, either.

I've never had this issue before and I didn't install any mods or CC between this and my last, perfectly working town, so I can't figure it out. The only mods I have that should affect townies are nraas mods (Story Progression which is currently disabled, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and I installed Register in the hopes of fixing it) which I've had for months (minus Register). I also took out many mods to see if they would fix the problem and saw no difference. And I tried doing a Save As instead of regular save since I've heard that sometimes helps work problems out, but nope. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    In the Register settings from city hall or any computer make sure "Allow Immigration" to true, unless you want resident sims assigned.

Do you have EA's story progression running? I'm not sure if either EA's or NRass SP being disabled would affect role sims like that. @igazor would know better.

I recently had most of the mixologists disappear in a CC world. I think they are all aging up together. I've taken the household to university so it will be some time before they return home and I find out what happens. I expect all new mixologists eventually.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi there. The issues isn't townies exactly, it sounds more like a lack of Role Sims in the pool to assign. On City Hall (Admin Bldg in Uni stands in for City Hall) or an in-game computer, check NRaas > Register > Allow Immigration > (should be True).

If you have this setting on False, and the one that follows it to use Residents on True but you don't have any unemployed residents, then there won't be any sims to assign to the role objects. If you have both settings set to False, then there really won't be any sims to assign.

SP doesn't have much to do with Role Sims. But it's also possible, if you played any of these worlds long enough, that they are all age stuck and can't work in that state. Overwatch should be barking about that and trying to fix it, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    Ah, that makes sense. I have SP off right now (both EA and nraas), but last time I was using it I did set it not to allow Immigration. Using Residents is True for Register, but it makes sense that that won't work if the town doesn't have unemployed Residents for some reason.

I removed SP for now (even though I had it disabled, I suspected it may be one of the things slowing down my game, which is taking ~20+ minutes to save, load, or travel these days... which seems not to have made any difference, but that's a whole other conversation) and made sure Immigration is set to True through Register. Since then, I've been getting notifications every now and then about Sims being assigned to the necessary roles, and it looks like the problem is solved!

Thank you! ^-^
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ah good, and you're welcome. Just to clarify though, SP immigration is for incoming residents to take up lodging in their own households, after which they usually find regular jobs. Register immigration is for the spawning of typically homeless sims to be assigned to role-giving objects, not to bring in new residents. The use of the term for two totally different things does get confusing.

Feel free to open up a conversation, probably better at NRaas though, about how to get (and if you can get) NRaas SP to work better for you. Depending on hardware, I would say 20 mins to load is just slightly outside the range that I would be able to tolerate and I'm usually very patient, so maybe that warrants a different conversation as well, as you said. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. c:

It seems SP isn't the problem, but I'm thinking you're right that nraas is a better place to ask; my experience is that their (your?) mods are the go-to place for straightening out Sims issues. :D

As for this topic, I guess this is end-topic since the question has been resolved! (I say this here as my account is too new to be able to edit the opening post, haha.)