Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glasses on Level 4 Martial Arts Uniform

TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
edit: Nevermind, lol. I started a test game in a test TS3 folder without any mods or CC and little store content, and at level 4 neither of the Frio brothers got glasses with their level for martial arts uniforms. It's something I've seen in my game since forever and haven't a clue what could be causing it. I don't ever remember not getting glasses with that uniform. I just assumed it was EA's doing.

edit2: see my post further down. Seems to be a bug specifically on the teen male martial arts uniform for level 4.

The martial arts uniform at level 4 comes with glasses. Is this a pop culture reference to something? When I first noticed this I assumed it was a an oversight in designing that particular uniform. I was recently watching one of my sims breaking boards and starting thinking about the glasses again and it occurred to me that perhaps the Sims 3 team was trying to sneak in a reference to something. Any ideas?

martialartsglasses_zps1exq7j5o.jpg~original
Post edited by TreyNutz on

Comments

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I've never noticed this occur, if it is a reference to something I can only think of maybe anime, are you sure it happens every time? You can get another sim to lvl 4 martial arts and it happens then too?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I've never noticed this occur, if it is a reference to something I can only think of maybe anime, are you sure it happens every time? You can get another sim to lvl 4 martial arts and it happens then too?

It happens to all my sims ever since I installed WA. The glasses seem to be a part of that particular outfit. At first I would take the sim into MC>Stylist to remove the glasses, but they don't wear the outfit for long so I don't bother anymore.

I found other threads complaining about glasses being a glitch, but since they seem to be part of the outfit I was wondering if they were deliberate, and if so, why.

edit:

Here's 2 of his brothers. The one on the right is at the same martial arts level so has the same outfit. The one of the left is higher, but I used MC>Basic>Outfit to change him into the level 4 outfit for comparison:

martialartsglasses2_zpslnruw4lw.jpg~original
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    never happened to my sims & i played a lot of martial arts sims beyond the 4th level

must be some mod or CC on your part
    i rarely used mods, nearly no CC

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hmm....CC. My CC has changed a great deal since I started playing WA and that outfit has always had the glasses. I'll have to try in a CC free game. I don't have any mods that would change outfits like that.

The glasses are not part of any other of the martial arts outfits.

edit: I did eventually install some CC accessories but not glasses. It's strange CC would affect only this one outfit. I assumed this was EA's doing.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2016
    there are glasses appearing in TS4 in some strange places
    but i never had something like that in TS3 :smile:

hm ... last time i had CC glasses appear under earings in CAS ...

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Without CC/Mods 2 test sims didn't get any glasses. So I guess it's not EA's doing. I have no idea what it could be and it's not worth tracking down IMO. Very odd though. And here I thought EA had done something interesting, lol.
  • Options
    On further testing I realize I don't see the glasses on adults. I must have remembered incorrectly. I do see them on teens. Specifically teen males (as in the pics above).

In a test Sims 3 folder with no CC, no Store content I'm aware of, and only 2 mods (nointromovies and NRaas MasterController) I see the glasses on the level 4 uniforms for teen males. Not teen females and not adult males. I haven't tested other age groups/genders. I don't think the glasses are due to either of the two mods I had installed. At this point I think it's just a bug on EA's part.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TreyNutz I have it too. Its a bug on EAs part :'( I learned to live with it