Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOLVED Weird Camera Angles, Please Help!

TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
So, I'm not even sure if this is the right category for this question, but, if it isn't please let me know.
I went to start playing again today, and when zooming in, the camera angle didn't change. Usually, when I zoom out really far, I'm almost looking directly from above, and when I zoom in really close, I'm almost parallel to the ground.
Now, no matter how much I zoom in, I'm looking at everything at the same angle (almost from directly above).
I'm playing with the Sims 4 camera, and I've checked multiple times that I'm not using the Sims 3 camera.
If anyone knows how to change it back, please let me know.
Thanks!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped! I should've updated this a while ago, but…I fixed it!
Anyways, if someone has the same issue, I did something; I think I went into build mode, went to the 'top-view', where you look at everything from directly above, turned off 'top-view', and went into live mode again. The weird angles came back a few days ago, I did the process I described above, and it made the weird angles go away again…YAY!!
Thanks, again!
giphy.gif
Post edited by TurquoisePapaya on

Comments

• Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    First, TS3 in options that helps so much. Have you ever use them in TS4? It allows you to set the angle and height so much more easily. Try using the tab key, that releases the camera and then you can set it again by tab. Using the tab allows you to put the camera at the angle you want and then you lock it in.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I never have my game on the normal camera option. It's much easier to use the TS3 Camera option. Consider switching to the TS3 camera option. Buuut if you really don't want to, try repairing your game maybe? I had an issue similar to yours awhile back, and my problem actually ended up being my mouse. I had a really cheap mouse because I use a laptop, and once I replaced it with a better, wireless one, it worked much better.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Ok, thanks!
    I'll try using the TS3 camera.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    TS4 camera mode stinks anyway. Go back to TS3 mode. The thing about the TS4 mode is that you can't set your angles that easily so that's why you're getting that problem. The game just 'curves' the camera angle automatically but it might not be an angle that you want.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Im using a macbook without a mouse (i know, pretty crazy right) so actually sims4 camera is much easier for me, and my game sometime does that as well where the angles dont change. Usually rebooting the game would fix it :P hope this helps :)

W79XhDj.png