Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sooo We Can't Edit The Apartments, Only The Penthouse?

YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
That's weird. And if you upgrade the shower and fridge in your cheap apartment (if you even can) you still will have water leaks and ghosts? Weird x2.

Comments

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Kinda makes since in some ways, if you are in an apartment you can't remodel the place. But we will have to wait and see if we can make upgrades, and minor changes...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Kinda makes since in some ways, if you are in an apartment you can't remodel the place. But we will have to wait and see if we can make upgrades, and minor changes...

In some cities the apartment doesn't come with a fridge so you buy your own. They don't even give us that option. Talking about ghosts come out of the fridge. What if I don't like ghosts in my game?
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    It would have been nice to have apartments as a lot type with doors etc to make them function. Disappointed that this doesn't seem to be the case.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    lmkiture wrote: »

In some cities the apartment doesn't come with a fridge so you buy your own. They don't even give us that option. Talking about ghosts come out of the fridge. What if I don't like ghosts in my game?

We don't know that they don't give us the option at all yet. Someone died in that apartment, which is why there is a ghost, so we might be able to get rid of ghost, or just don't move into an apartment that someone died in :lol:
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    It was the first thing i noticed, can we even build our own apartments? Seriously what's the use if we can only build on top existing apartments?

I'm not sure about the trait thing either, i hope we can play around and change traits of the apartments cause it might be fun for the first time you play but i'm pretty sure it'll feel like a limitation after a while.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    That's weird. And if you upgrade the shower and fridge in your cheap apartment (if you even can) you still will have water leaks and ghosts? Weird x2.

That's not weird. I have never been able to get rid of a ghost or a leak in the supply pipe by getting a better bathtub.
  • Options
    Why do I need to give my neighbors a key so they can come by any time they want? Nobody else finds that "feature" odd?
  • Options
    DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    edited September 2016
    oh its bad.....my premade apartments is already wasted. then now i changed my mind, demolish the current placed apartments to build another things....
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    So basically, they choose the layout of our apartments, they choose our neighbours and they choose what the goes on inside it. What happened to 'You Rule'. This expansions controls almost every aspect of our apartment living by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Why do I need to give my neighbors a key so they can come by any time they want? Nobody else finds that "feature" odd?

It may be odd if you can give many people a key. Usually apartments have an extra key, so I can see giving out 1 key, but not several. & I'm hoping we can give someone a key that doesn't live in the apartment building; like a friend that lives in Oasis Springs for example.
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »
    So basically, they choose the layout of our apartments, they choose our neighbours and they choose what the goes on inside it. What happened to 'You Rule'. This expansions controls almost every aspect of our apartment living by the sounds of it.

Exactly! What happened to the options. Well I guess you get the option between mice or good Internet. Like seriously?
  • Options
    lewsblake23lewsblake23 Posts: 102 Member

You don't need to. I think it's more of a 'hey, you're my boyfriend/close friend --- want a key to my apartment?' It makes sense, in certain storytelling scenarios. I think it's neat we're given the option.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

It's probably some kind of feature to stop them being culled is my guess.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

I think it will be useful for if your sim has a significant other who doesn't live with them. Maybe giving a key will tag that sim as part of household, so if you have certain rooms looked in your apartment that sim can still access them...Just a guess. I'd love that as a feature for houses too.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

You don't need to. I think it's more of a 'hey, you're my boyfriend/close friend --- want a key to my apartment?' It makes sense, in certain storytelling scenarios. I think it's neat we're given the option.

Sounds like it'll only work if that sim lives on your building. Maybe the same neighborhood. Who knows really
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    and will we even be able to place apartment lots in other world?? highly doubt it
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Has this been confirmed?? If multiple sims cannot live in an apartment and if the player cannot build the apartment from scratch this will be the worse EP for TS4 that I have seen.
    I said "I have seen" because I am not going to see any more EPs or packs after this one. This is the last chance here.

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TS2 did it better, again.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member

I don't find it odd at all. IDK, I think it means that I can give keys, not necessarily to my neighbors, but I'm thinking, this means special people in my sim's life such as, close friends, family members who don't live with me, perhaps a boyfriend/girlfriend. I like that Idea. Very encouraging for people who play extended family style where the members all live in different places. It's kind of like real life in some ways. I love when I get home from work and a family member is there at my house, chillin (and probably eating my food, I'm sure) :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »

Looks like it. I've watched it twice and there is zero player control aside from "choosing" what traited apt you want your sims to live in. After that, the game controls what happens.
  • Options

I don't find it odd at all. IDK, I think it means that I can give keys, not necessarily to my neighbors, but I'm thinking, this means special people in my sim's life such as, close friends, family members who don't live with me, perhaps a boyfriend/girlfriend. I like that Idea. Very encouraging for people who play extended family style where the members all live in different places. It's kind of like real life in some ways. I love when I get home from work and a family member is there at my house, chillin (and probably eating my food, I'm sure) :)

Giving a girlfriend who lives in another town a key would be nice. But we don't know. They said you can give keys to neighbors. Didn't go into detail so it could prove interesting once clarified.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    and will we even be able to place apartment lots in other world?? highly doubt it

That's a good question. I'm still stuck on if we can build apartments in the first place.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm still waiting to see if we can edit the apartments & build our own. But I don't think we were able to edit in TS3. The layout was the layout. Outside of moving furniture around, you were pretty much stuck with what you had. This trailer really opened the door for more questions....as I'm still not clear on the apartments work, how traits affect the apartment, etc.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    You could edit and build apartments in TS3 with a cheat. I did it all the time. A cheat was also needed to modify apartments in TS2, if I recall. I assume we'll have a similar cheat in TS4.