Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Have I Ever... [GAME]

Comments

• Options
    MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    I have XD it's one of the house favorites.

NHIE eaten a whole chicken
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I have. Well, except for the head, feathers and...

NHIE eaten octopus.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    I have. It has the texture of a pencil eraser.

NHIE been deep sea fishing.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @BrilliantDisaster Apparently you had octopus that was overcooked. It takes careful handling, just like squid, or it gets rubbery, but when done correctly (neither cooked too hot, nor too long) they melt in the mouth. A good Vietnamese restaurant in Austin served me the best Coconut Squid I ever ate (before I was allergic to coconut), melt-in-the-mouth tender and delicately flavorful. Cephalopod takes delicate cooking or it gets rubbery. So don't despair: you just had it badly overdone, like a steak cooked to wooden grayness.

never been deep-sea fishing. That takes access to a boat worth more than my house.

NHIE missed a chance to make people groan with bad jokes.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay I should try it again. It sounds delicious when it is properly prepared. I try not to tell jokes. I am bad at it.

NHIE visited Netherlands. I would like to someday.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Nah.

NHIE scuba dived.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay I should try it again. It sounds delicious when it is properly prepared. I try not to tell jokes. I am bad at it.

NHIE visited Netherlands. I would like to someday.

@BrilliantDisaster I'm sorry...my tendency to be all seriousness when someone was being ironic, is legendarily awful. Please forgive me, and if I earnestly explain something needlessly, to comic effect, just nudge me and I'll try to do better.

Never scuba dived: I get earaches at the bottom of a 6 foot pool. Did snorkel in Hawai'i once, over some reefs, and it was pretty awesome.

NHIE fit neatly into a social category, no matter how hard I tried.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Ditto, though have to admit, after Middle School, I stopped trying (got tired of the rejections). I never understood the mentality of some social groups; that idea that if you belong to one group, you can't be friends with another. Why can't we all just embrace each others' differences and just get along?
    Surely no two people fit exactly into the same category, no matter how similar they try to be? Yet so many human beings seem to have this obsession with categorising themselves into very specific factions and I do think sometimes that this can do more harm than good.

Anyway, NHIE been skiing.
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay I was being serious about the octopus I tried. I appreciated your informative info concerning it. My comment about telling bad jokes was in response to the comment about jokes that was made. Thank you.

I have been cross-country skiing. It was great.
    NHIE been to Hawaii.
  • Options
    I was born in Hawai'i and went back to get married, so I have been there.

But NHIE been cross-country skiing yet, even though I now live where many people do, and there are even groomed trails for it less than 2 miles from my house.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    No. I've never even normal skied. XD

NHIE eaten raw sushi.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I have never eaten raw sushi. I have eaten raw clam before.

NHIE ridden a camel.
  • Options
    Nah.

NHIE liked camel's milk.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    No. I've never even normal skied. XD

NHIE eaten raw sushi.

no such thing as 'raw sushi' because sushi literally means 'vinegar rice' and in its purest form, it's short-grain rice, cooked after rinsing, then fanned while mixing with salt, sugar, and rice vinegar, which produces the glossy sheen and nice flavor. But if you mean sashimi, or raw fish (a popular sushi topping) then I get it.

Haven't made these

9q4Ka7ml.jpg

in years, primarily because if I make them, I want to eat them, and they're a carb disaster for me. And my hands are large enough that one rice ball formed in my hands is about double the size it ought to be for a serving. Not as large as hubs' shovels, but large enough.

NHIE had good sushi in a restaurant since I left Austin. Had some so bad, here, that I spat it out and vowed never to go there again. The rice was bad...imagine making BAD rice?! and then they didn't apparently understand that it's not just plain white rice...and the sashimi on top was the worst part: freezer-burned, with a terrible waterlogged texture. You don't put previously frozen raw fish on sushi. But I guess on sushi that bad, you do. I'm horrified that people pay to eat there.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hah, oops, yeah I mean like a raw maki or sashimi. We usually just call maki here sushi.

Well, I have never been to Austin so that's already a never for me. XD But over here in Singapore, its hard for me to find a halal sushi restaurant. Most of the ones that are halal are like the takeaway ones. And when I mean by "most", it's actually just two brands of shops. ๐Ÿ˜‚ There's only one dine in restaurant that is halal and it's not too bad. But there was one a long time ago that was my fav but the chain has closed down.

Your experience there doesn't sound so pleasant tho. ๐Ÿ˜‚ How can they mess up the rice that badly? ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

NHIE worked at a restaurant.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Oh, I have. hehhehehe so I know the horrors that sometimes go on behind closed doors. I tell people, eat at McDonald's. The food safety standards are way better.

As for the way to mess up rice beyond recognition...ever had it cooked with too much water so it's split at the ends, and mushy? The only thing worse than that, is when someone burned it and still scraped off the top trying to save it but the faint scorch smell and taste is unmistakable. That restaurant's rice wasn't bad in those ways, though: it was just ordinary cheap rice used in place of the short-grain sushi kind, not cooked very nicely, and then not seasoned with anything so far as I could tell. Just dried-up flavorless mediocre cheap rice, rolled in nori with freezerburned nasty "sashimi" and a stale, off taste, which is why I actually spit it out after taking one bite. I would normally never disgrace myself spitting food out, in a restaurant, and did it as discreetly as possible but would warn anyone who asked, against eating there.

NHIE worked as a server or cashier in a restaurant, however.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have not.

NHIE sang a love song to a SO.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    I hope that changes for you Arkane. You seem like such a good person.

I have, a few times. I don't like my voice these days, though.

NHIE been in jail.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited January 2021
    I hope that changes for you Arkane. You seem like such a good person.

I have, a few times. I don't like my voice these days, though.

NHIE been in jail.

Thank you. And the same goes for you too. :) And she'll be either amused or horrified by my singing ability. It's gonna be fun either way.

And no, I have never been in jail.

NHIE drank river water.

Bq8jftn.gif
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    No.

NHIE been to Hollywood.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Never been to Hollywood.

@Arkane I have drunk river water. filled my canteen right from an artesian well that was under the river, as I canoed past and noticed the upwelling of it in the river water. It was ice cold and very, very good. Didn't get sick or anything. And I was drinking river water the whole time anyway, just the rest of the river wasn't ice cold like that artesian well had been.

NHIE eaten squirrel.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    No.

NHIE had a pet snake.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Had a pet snake for a summer in high school. It wasn't really mine, belonged to the school, but it showed me that much as I like snakes, keeping one isn't the best. Feeding them live mice is not my pleasure, and the smell...oh lord, the smell of the little bundle of fur and bones they excrete...it's really horrid. I'm learning that it's probably best to seek to improve the environment for animals in the wild, than to keep them imprisoned as "pets".

NHIE felt fully actualized.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I have.

NHIE seen The Jonas Brothers live. XD This is like so random.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Me neither.

oh...now I have to think of a NHIE. I'm heading to bed, but NHIE had a facial piercing.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top