Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I Pre-ordered City Living. Is this normal?

I've never pre-ordered from origin before, so please forgive my ignorance. How long does an order usually stay in the processing stage before my PayPal is actually charged? Or will I just not be charged until the game is released?

Comments

• Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    I found this on EA's site, hope this helps!

"You will see a charge on your credit card the day after placing your purchase. It will appear as Electronic Arts - Origin on your statement.

You may see a small transaction appear on your account's online statement within a day or two of any pre-order purchase or update to your stored payment method. These are temporary transactions we use to verify the payment information. The transactions automatically reverse within seven business days.

Applicable sales taxes will be added to the price you see when placing your order."

Heres the link: https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/ordering-payment-information/
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Thank you for the help, but I've had this pre-order for a few days and have yet to see it charge anything at all.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2016
    When I pre-ordered Get Together through Origin last November, I wasn't charged till about a week before release. I pre-ordered City Living through Amazon so I'm not sure if that's still how they do it or not, but it sounds like that might be the case.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Guess I'm waiting until a week before release then. :neutral:
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I preordered Get Together about six weeks before it's release date, and my card wasn't charged until about nine days before it released. That's why I'm not preordering it until mid-October.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wonder why they do that, charge the account nine days before the release date. I guess that it's because it takes them nine days to complete the money transaction.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I don't know if all countries have this or not but EA makes gift card that are like 25 50 and on up .It's like I-Tunes card .Anyway that's what I use cause I don't use my credit card to order games but that's just me it's easey and not complicated at all.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    I don't know if all countries have this or not but EA makes gift card that are like 25 50 and on up .It's like I-Tunes card .Anyway that's what I use cause I don't use my credit card to order games but that's just me it's easey and not complicated at all.
    So do I. I can't remember now, but I think that someone once told me that they didn't have these EA cards in their country so they had to go with a paypal like thing back when we were talking about methods of payment on here over another release for the game.

• Options
    El_NeneEl_Nene Posts: 4 New Member
    I honestly don't get this.. once you pre order you should automatically be on the list of unlocked..
  • Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    I pre-ordered City Living in September and got an e-mail from EA last week saying they would charge my card on Nov 1. They don't charge until the game is released. Steam on the other hand charges Pre-orders as soon as you reserve them.