Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your questions to the gurus on City Living

Comments

• Options
    SimmerinLifeSimmerinLife Posts: 26 Member
    -Will there be neighbours in the apartments like Sims 2, or will it just be my household, like Sims 3?
  • Options
    SimmerinLifeSimmerinLife Posts: 26 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm sure that now we've seen the trailer, many of us have questions about the upcoming pack. Probably most of them will get answered over the next 6 weeks, but just in case, here are mine:

1. How do you pronounce San Myshuno? And how many lots does it have? Empty lots?
    2. Do each of the 3 careers have 2 branches? Are they active or rabbithole?
    3. Are there any new skills with levels? Or are karaoke, spray painting, and living statue hidden skills?
    4. Can my Sim be a street performer?
    5. Does the keyboard play the same tunes as the piano?
    6. Are there more subdued versions of the new outfits?
    7. Will singing karaoke, playing basketball, and spray painting be added to the club activities?
    8. Will all the festivals take place in the same area?

lol exactly what I wanted to ask!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I read somewhere where there might be some power outages in CL. If there is, will that same gaming experience of random power outages in CL carry over to the other main worlds in the game?

Yes please! <3

Maybe those who don't want that can buy "good electric -stuff" and then opt out. Or we buy cheap stuff and have a little bit of randomness added.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Any new places to Woohoo? Sims 3 offers the most places so far.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    Can we place the karaoke machine in our Sims inventories since it has wheels?
  • Options
    JDones94JDones94 Posts: 17 Member
    Will there be "star levels"?
    Will we have vampire like in "late night"?
    Can we change lots from "home" to "business"? Like turn an apartment into a club or a restaurant?!
    Will there be loading screens to visit your neighbors?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Are there any rooftop penthouse bars like Aquarius?

What formats of music are on the karaoke machine and can it also function as a stereo like the dj booth?
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Can I add two households in one apartment AND are they playable? Can I switch from Household #1 to Household #3 mid game in the apartment?

Can I control multiple household in the same apartment at once? That would be cool if we could though.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    JDones94 wrote: »
    Will there be "star levels"?
    Will we have vampire like in "late night"?
    Can we change lots from "home" to "business"? Like turn an apartment into a club or a restaurant?!
    Will there be loading screens to visit your neighbors?
    Pretty sure vampires were comfirmed to not exist by a simguru's thread.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    JDones94JDones94 Posts: 17 Member
    lukas11xxf wrote: »
    [/quote]

Really? Why!! Is there a video!?
  • Options
    simguru's tweet* @SimGuruDave can you confirm my point?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    How do elevators work in City Living EP?
    you walk to the elevators and enter it
    heres the trick
    you either go
    up
    or
    down

(S)he meant via loading screen or not.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Maybe this has already been asked, but it looked like there were windows placed on a foundation level of the townhouses that were shown in the trailer. Does this mean we'll finally be able to put windows on foundations and get natural lighting into basement levels? Is this something that's going to be patched in?
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    How do elevators work in City Living EP?
    you walk to the elevators and enter it
    heres the trick
    you either go
    up
    or
    down

(S)he meant via loading screen or not.

Why would there be a loading screen?
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    How many keys can my sims give out?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    1. Will we have new Traits and Aspirations?
    2. Will there be any new Reward Traits?
    3. Will there be any new Social Events?
    4. When do Festivals occur?
    5. Can the Keyboard Piano be put into the inventory?
    6. Will there be any new Skills?
    7. Are any of the new Careers Active/Professions?
    8. Will there be new Collectables?
    9. Will the Sim Population Limit be increased?
    10. Can we create our own Apartments or at least edit the existing ones?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    JDones94 wrote: »

Really? Why!! Is there a video!?
    [/quote]

SimGuruDrake confirmed no vampires in this ep on twitter.
  • Options
    Can I add two households in one apartment AND are they playable? Can I switch from Household #1 to Household #3 mid game in the apartment?

Can I control multiple household in the same apartment at once? That would be cool if we could though.

Good question. If we can have more households then 1 in apartments most likley unfortuanly we'll still have to change households the way we do now. The Sims 2 was the same way. You couldn't switch between family 1 and 3 without going into the neighborhood and loading them.
  • Options
    MicemSims wrote: »
    Why would there be a loading screen?
    Because - EA. That's what they done with distracts instead of just leaving the lots in between open.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

Good question. If we can have more households then 1 in apartments most likley unfortuanly we'll still have to change households the way we do now. The Sims 2 was the same way. You couldn't switch between family 1 and 3 without going into the neighborhood and loading them.

Don't see why. You see, (TS2) if the graphic option was set to make neighbor's residental on throught the neighborhood, you could basically click on them while playing a sim and a prompt box will appear asking if you want to switch to that household that lives inside that household. Doing so would of course puts you to the loading to switch to that family/roomates without having to be in map view/game.

Same can be inplemanted with apartments. Either by clicking neighbor's room's floor (assuming that the current non-playable household's rooms will become unfurniced until your playable enters them) or by door next to the intetaction "knock/ring the door".
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    I would imagine most of the residential lots are apartments but does San Mysundo come with new houses as well?
  • Options
    -Will there be neighbours in the apartments like Sims 2, or will it just be my household, like Sims 3?
    In the Sims 3, you have neighbours. However, you couldn't get in their houses (apartment? or what the "home" definition is called) and play their households.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Some Simmers have noticed new patterns on older furniture in the video. Is this new swatches, or is it something like Sims 3 CASt? Will any of the swatches (if that's what they are) be patched in to the basegame? Are there any for other add-on content, or only base game content?

Are the turban etc. hats or hairs?

That would be a nice and a suprising return, considering that probably nobody notice it than that minority group. I didn't see anybody claiming for that theory until I saw your comment.
    Are cinemas coming with City Living?

YES pls.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Get Together had bear night and alien night at the bar if you had Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work, so will there be a raccoon night at the bar with City Living?
  • Options
    Will the freerealestate cheat get us the penthouse?