Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So origin updated and now all my sims 3 games are showing as not installed.

Origin wants me to download and install all my ts3 games that are already on my computer WT?
Help please, anyone else have this

Comments

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I just got off the phone with EA support. I am assuming you are referring to your expansion packs for TS3? I couldn't find them either, and when I went to Browse Games, The Sims, Expansion Packs, half of the ones I owned were not listed as owned.

To see your expansion packs correctly do the following:

Click on Game Library, then click on the Sims 3 icon shown below:
    Step%201.jpg

Then scroll down a little bit below the Play button and select EXTRA CONTENT:
    Step%202.jpg

When you scroll down from there, you should see all of the expansion packs and stuff packs listed and the ones you own will show a green check mark in a circle and say Installed. If you don't own an expansion pack, you have the option to purchase it from here.
    Step%203.jpg

Apparently they did away with the info option when they updated Origin.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I have them all owned and yes I found them but they say download instead of the green tick, that's how i know they weren't installed. The update made them not be recognized and therefore i have to download all again. Even one asks me to purchase even though it is installed on my pc.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Flying blind here since I haven't experienced this yet but I would be much more likely to uninstall and reinstall Origin before downloading and reinstalling my game all over again, especially if I knew that the installed game and EPs were still hanging out in Program Files (x86) where they belonged.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I would also back up any important save files or anything from your game before you touch anything. Just in case.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Flying blind here since I haven't experienced this yet but I would be much more likely to uninstall and reinstall Origin before downloading and reinstalling my game all over again, especially if I knew that the installed game and EPs were still hanging out in Program Files (x86) where they belonged.

thanks I will try that.
  • Options
    That didn't work. But thanks @igazor
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Toblie wrote: »
    That didn't work. But thanks @igazor

Ah well, it had to be worth a try -- someone should take my "Insightful" back for that suggestion since it wasn't so much. Any luck with EA/Origin customer support?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nope they couldn't help at all. I just now when it finishes downloading an ep it's automatically ticked as installed. No installation panel pops up or anything. But world adventures shows in the launcher as installed but won't show as installed through origin.
    I dunno all crazy to me
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Well, I own all the EPs and SPs and now this updated Origin is telling me that I don't own 4 of the EPs and wants me to buy them :s . They still show as owned on my TS3 MyPage. I'll have to get in touch with them tomorrow ( it's late here ).
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    despina53 wrote: »
    Well, I own all the EPs and SPs and now this updated Origin is telling me that I don't own 4 of the EPs and wants me to buy them :s . They still show as owned on my TS3 MyPage. I'll have to get in touch with them tomorrow ( it's late here ).

Yep that's what happened to me. They couldn't help me at all
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @texansky

Thanks for posting those pics as I panicked when I could not find my expansion packs either and the FAQ page is non existent go figure...

I feel sorry for everyone else experiencing extra problems because I know how it feels..

I was forced to register with Nvidia to update my drivers the other day despite happily being able to upgrade for years prior to this date ... Now I get pop ups when I launch my sims games asking if I want to share my play or something to that effect...

I don't want this pop up and as yet have not been able to find a way to turn it off ( I did not want register with Nvidia either and felt bullied into it just to get driver updates)

Now Origin and one of the first things I briefly notice when trying to find my expansion packs is something to the effect of do I want Origin open in game now?? I cannot tell you how sick I am of these forced extras I personally do not want or find hard to try and turn off and sometimes when I do find a way to turn something off it reverts straight back to the nag the next time I log in...

What the heck is going on lately with this sort of stuff?