Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whatever happened to "new content each month" ?

What was it? Frustration, Aggravation, Anticipation and after all these months: Desolation! And please....Magnolia Promenade was all that room with 4 lots????? Really? Just my input saying MP was useless and just a waste.

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Not sure what the thread title in question and MP have to do with the other but okay.

To answer your question we do get new ways to play every month however I do think that the reason there is an issue with this is because the Gurus and simmers have a very different way of seeing new ways to play or new content every month. For the Gurus it's adding in objects, UI changes or special events every month and I'm assuming to most simmers new content would be actual gameplay objects that add on to their every day or casual gaming experience.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Oh it's just me ranting...sorry to add it but I haven't commented on EP and etc in a while...just anticipating: Sorry :neutral:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    'Things change'

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,095 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    Oh it's just me ranting...sorry to add it but I haven't commented on EP and etc in a while...just anticipating: Sorry :neutral:
    Don't be sorry.
    You have the right to voice your anticipation in receiving a new EP and you're not alone. :)
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    'Things change'

:no_mouth:
    :D I was thinking the same thing!
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    Locked in the same basement where toddlers and story progression are cooped up.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think the statement was 'new ways to play' every month. Not necessarily content. Contests, events and I think even bug fixes (ok, probably not the bug fixes) all count as new ways to play. Stuff like the Nanny or Gardener or locking doors which were patched in, those count.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I do not think these people can sustain a live service, at least not with The Sims 4 - they are struggling and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.
    Maybe they don't have enough staff working on Sims 4. It sure seems like it. Over the past two years they occasionally complain of "not having time" to do this or that before deadlines. EA is a huge company ... maybe they need to hire more people to work on Sims 4 content. We should have had another expansion released by now.

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    As others have said it was 'a new way to play.,.' It was also market speak for 'We'll patch the game every month (nearly)'. Which sounds more impressive, do you think?

They didn't literally mean we'd get playable content every month.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I didn't need or want a museum, library and gym in every world, so I moved those to MP with a spa. This way they are out of the way and frees up more room for houses and if my sims ever want to read a book at the library or view a work of art or work out or get a rub down, it's still handy, just over in MP.

I think monthly patches are included in content.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @Dannydanbo that's actually a really good idea...I may need to use that the next time I feel like remaking a world or at least when I play in Newcrest or Willow Creek. I'll probably put in a restaurant instead since I only rarely send my Sims to the Spa and I have an Oasis Creek based one that I love to use when I want to.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo that's actually a really good idea...I may need to use that the next time I feel like remaking a world or at least when I play in Newcrest or Willow Creek. I'll probably put in a restaurant instead since I only rarely send my Sims to the Spa and I have an Oasis Creek based one that I love to use when I want to.

Exactly, then I can use the lots facing the water to build fancy mansions or tall (4 story) apartments.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    I do not think these people can sustain a live service, at least not with The Sims 4 - they are struggling and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.
    Maybe they don't have enough staff working on Sims 4. It sure seems like it. Over the past two years they occasionally complain of "not having time" to do this or that before deadlines. EA is a huge company ... maybe they need to hire more people to work on Sims 4 content. We should have had another expansion released by now.
    They must think it wouldn't be profitable to throw more money at Sims 4.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I didn't need or want a museum, library and gym in every world, so I moved those to MP with a spa. This way they are out of the way and frees up more room for houses and if my sims ever want to read a book at the library or view a work of art or work out or get a rub down, it's still handy, just over in MP.

I don't see any point to the museum and library. I got rid of those for other things.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    What was it? Frustration, Aggravation, Anticipation and after all these months: Desolation! And please....Magnolia Promenade was all that room with 4 lots????? Really? Just my input saying MP was useless and just a waste.

I know. It makes me sad. I so wish ts4 was more instead of less. :( But maybe frustration, aggravation, anticipation, and desolation is the new content. Just think... you could rotate through each for four months of content. Combining would give you many, many more months of content. Just this past month alone, I combined frustration, aggravation, and desolation.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I don't know,but this is ridiculous!The way they are keeping quiet about the Sims 4 future contents. :|
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »

I don't see any point to the museum and library. I got rid of those for other things.

I keep the museum for the collection my sim gathers and the "masterpieces" he paints. And I always place a kids section in the library with a reading area decorated like a castle theme with poofs surrounding a big chair. There's also a voidcritters game and a puppet theater and toy chest. If we ever get the costume trunk back, kids will put on shows for each other. Plus, the museum and library are good places to meet new sims other than in a disco or nightclub and it fills the odd need to visit one or the other.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    New ways to play! Month A: the game as it with a new challenge (the challenge being new way to play). Month B: Challenge removed! (The removal of the challenge means that the game is now different and "new" from the month before. Month C: some actual new content, which is pretty much what many were thinking she meant when she said "new ways to play". Not this now you have it now you don't bull.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    They said 'New ways to play' which still has not been followed through with. The Spring challenge, and triple boost week (just to name a couple), example exactly what they mean by that phrase. 'New' is used way too loosely by the team, as nothing in either challenge was new. Not the content, not the gameplay, nothing.

I think we should all remember that this was announced literally right before their worst EP to date (Get Together). I do not think these people can sustain a live service, at least not with The Sims 4 - they are struggling and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.

The spring challenge had new items at least. Since we don't have many pots in the garden section, I am ok with that. But what did the triple boost week give? A boost? We already have skill boosts with certain emotions. It did not add anything new at all- it's just a way to cheat your skills and careers without using actual cheats.
  • Options
    It all started good imo. We got pools, some easter challenges, halloween stuff, some costumes. But now, it seems they have gotten complitely lazy with this. A tripple boost week was simply a way to cheat your way into higher skill and career levels without using the actual cheats. It did not even have a reward or anything. The Grim guitar we got- if city life leaks are to be true, then it was just a leftover from bands they wanted to put in GT.
  • Options

I did the same thing with Newcrest.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

People complained about getting stuffpacks every month now we have to go thru these long droughts.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    They said 'New ways to play' which still has not been followed through with. The Spring challenge, and triple boost week (just to name a couple), example exactly what they mean by that phrase. 'New' is used way too loosely by the team, as nothing in either challenge was new. Not the content, not the gameplay, nothing.

I think we should all remember that this was announced literally right before their worst EP to date (Get Together). I do not think these people can sustain a live service, at least not with The Sims 4 - they are struggling and it's becoming more and more obvious as time goes on.

The spring challenge had new items at least. Since we don't have many pots in the garden section, I am ok with that. But what did the triple boost week give? A boost? We already have skill boosts with certain emotions. It did not add anything new at all- it's just a way to cheat your skills and careers without using actual cheats.

I guess so, but in my opinion that doesn't really offer the player anything meaninful. There was no new functionality and they are just recolors. I mean if they really feel they need to do challenges, where they set the goals for the player to accomplish, then I think the content should be rewarding at least.

Planter 1 - increases gardening speed
    Planter 2 - increases gardening speed, boosts skill with (emotion), speeds up evolving time

Those are just examples I came up with, but it really shows that the rewards aren't anything special and there's no point to the challenge. It's not offering any new 'way to play', it didn't offer anything rewarding (imo); it offered 'new' objects which I think is pointless.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

I'm down to one museum and one library in most of my saves. I put the microscope and telescope in the museum. It's now a Science Museum (with some art too) that my Sims can use instead of owning those things. It's got a bank of computers, too. My poorer Sims use the library before they can afford computers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.