Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd love to see a TS4 pack like this.

This is how this section is described. "Give us your ideas and suggestions for what you would like to see in The Sims 4" So I hope I'm putting this post in the right place.

Anyhow I was just looking at the new pack for Cities Skylines and I'd love to see a pack like this for TS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9IHTlOMW-w
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That would be really cool if it had a way we could say, okay, in this save, this is now on. Sometimes I'm down for that kind of random destruction, sometimes less so.

There was that one surveyed pack that sounded kind of postapocalyptic too, though I could personally do without zombies:
    Rebuild
    The apocalypse has struck The Sims 4! Explore abandoned neighbourhoods and rescue survivors, rebuild your town into a thriving community, and fight off zombies to protect your new town.

But the idea that the effects of a disaster might be bigger than just your lot...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Fallout EP?
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    That could be massively fun. Your sim could help rebuild and thwart upcoming disasters. This could greatly expand the science careers or open up new ones (like Superhero Sims).

In the Sims ??, I'd like for you to be able to play your sims and their descendants across the ages (start in the Sims Primeval, Sims Bronze Age, etc. ... Sims Industrial Steam Punk onwards to Sims in Space). Your sims could deal with hardship, discover, explore, and research along, open up, influence, and tailor your civilization. Kind of like the great Sid Meier's Civilization games, but brought to a single Sim level.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    That could be massively fun. Your sim could help rebuild and thwart upcoming disasters. This could greatly expand the science careers or open up new ones (like Superhero Sims).

In the Sims ??, I'd like for you to be able to play your sims and their descendants across the ages (start in the Sims Primeval, Sims Bronze Age, etc. ... Sims Industrial Steam Punk onwards to Sims in Space). Your sims could deal with hardship, discover, explore, and research along, open up, influence, and tailor your civilization. Kind of like the great Sid Meier's Civilization games, but brought to a single Sim level.

Honestly, what you're describing would be my dream come true for a Sims game. I love adding historical CC to my games, and with default replacements for NPCs it's fairly easy to do in TS2. Unfortunately it becomes a bit harder in TS3 and TS4 due to some of the things sims can do or have to do like how we can only use cell phones in TS4. As a result, you need to "suspend you disbelief" a little (or a lot).
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »

Honestly, what you're describing would be my dream come true for a Sims game. I love adding historical CC to my games, and with default replacements for NPCs it's fairly easy to do in TS2. Unfortunately it becomes a bit harder in TS3 and TS4 due to some of the things sims can do or have to do like how we can only use cell phones in TS4. As a result, you need to "suspend you disbelief" a little (or a lot).

I'm afraid we'd all need supercomputers and holodecks in order to make this Sims Civilization game. But I can dream. Maybe in 10 to 20 years. I suppose each age could be an expansion and/or a separate standalone game to the first epoch. And it'd have to have a much longer lifespan than the current 4 or 5 years for each Sims iteration.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Aesir26 @Bagoas77
    Like Spore! That's exactly how Spore works I'm pretty sure. It'd be so good in The Sims. Or at least, I wish they would re-make a Sims Medieval but make it like the actual sims games instead of a spin-off.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    lindaloringslindalorings Posts: 1 New Member
    I too would love to see a sims medieval come back as an expansion pack in TS4. It should have some of the same rules as the original SM like walking from place to place or preferably add pets and have the sims ride horses everywhere in that city. With careges and the like
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no not something i would like to see in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I never once saw a meteor in sims 3. I would hope, and they have put apocalyptic ideas on their surveys, that they will bring them about for sims 4. I would LOVE to play a Walking Dead type of scenario in at least one of my saves.

I want this.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

That would've been my dream Sims 3. You could start off with the vaguely 1950s Sunset Valley we already got, but with each generation the town gets more and more advanced and townies wear more and more modern outfits. Each generation is a decade, and after generation 5-6 (modern day) you could see the occasional futuristic detail. Like sleek concept cars, and high-tech rabbitholes.
    Between 70s, 80s, 90s Stuff and Into the Future, I can sort of emulate that, but it would've been cool to see it happen organically.

As for the disasters, I'd like to see that too. An active or semi-active Superhero career could be a lot of fun (there's enough demand for a superpowers pack, after all), where you've gotta stop meteorites and put out massive housefires, or even rescue car crash victims.

Would've loved to see a SimCity style Godzilla monster wandering through San Myshuno as background FX, but we got the plaques in Myshuno Meadows at least.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    @kwanzaabot I COMPLETELY agree, would've been fantastic

@fullspiral
    Awe.. Sorry you never saw them, they're much fun. I've already spammed these videos but I hope they make up for what you didn't see:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmbA9t50QQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XC2-uE3zw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Uua_jz1CA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEpSAjT5Asg
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @kwanzaabot I COMPLETELY agree, would've been fantastic

@fullspiral
    Awe.. Sorry you never saw them, they're much fun. I've already spammed these videos but I hope they make up for what you didn't see:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmbA9t50QQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XC2-uE3zw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Uua_jz1CA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEpSAjT5Asg

How did you get them?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @fullspiral
    Okay, to be clear you need Ambitions!
    If so, there's a slight chance that one will fall on a sim in open space but it's waay too unlikely. HOWEVER, if you have seasons, you can add an Alien to your household, and they can summon meteors at will.
    HOOOWEVER, are you familiar with the Nraas mods? Cuz I was told today that you can put the setting for all sims to have the ability to summon them.

When you have a sim with the ability, you simply click on the ground and it will show up :)

I can guide you if you like, but first I'd have to know if you have Nraas or Ambitions.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    @fullspiral
    Okay, to be clear you need Ambitions!
    If so, there's a slight chance that one will fall on a sim in open space but it's waay too unlikely. HOWEVER, if you have seasons, you can add an Alien to your household, and they can summon meteors at will.
    HOOOWEVER, are you familiar with the Nraas mods? Cuz I was told today that you can put the setting for all sims to have the ability to summon them.

When you have a sim with the ability, you simply click on the ground and it will show up :)

I can guide you if you like, but first I'd have to know if you have Nraas or Ambitions.

I have Nraas and ambitions. I got Nraas well after the sims 3 was done. I actually didn't start 3 until 2012 so I thought maybe it was tweaked out of existence bc of complaints.

Don't worry about tutoring bc I rarely play 3. I'm good with 2 and 4. But thanks though for the offer!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @fullspiral
    Ah. How come you don't play it often, does it run horribly?
    It's fairly simple though. you just install RETUNER, and:
    From the ground-->Nraas-->Debug Enabler-->Option-->Trigger Meteor
    Walla
    There's another way to simply enable the interaction instead of having to trigger it every time through the options... I'm not sure how.
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    @fullspiral
    Ah. How come you don't play it often, does it run horribly?
    It's fairly simple though. you just install RETUNER, and:
    From City Hall or a computer> NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>ByTunable XML>Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous>Meteor>kRandomMeteorChance
    Walla

I never had the issues of it running horribly that I've seen other simmers have. But now that sims 4 is out ( which I prefer) I just don't see anything worth starting it up for. ( Aside from WA and tomb-raiding). For me, it's just not what I like in the sims.
  • Options
    alyseryan32alyseryan32 Posts: 54 Member
    I think it would be cool to incorporate festivals! It could be its own world like the game pack Outdoor retreat. There could be different kind of festivals either in different parts of the world or have different festivals different times of the year.

Examples of Festivals:
    Music festivals
    burning man type festival
    beer fest
    Renaissance festival

those are just a few that made me think about the idea but of course there are thousands of different festivals!

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think it would be cool to incorporate festivals! It could be its own world like the game pack Outdoor retreat. There could be different kind of festivals either in different parts of the world or have different festivals different times of the year.

Examples of Festivals:
    Music festivals
    burning man type festival
    beer fest
    Renaissance festival

those are just a few that made me think about the idea but of course there are thousands of different festivals!

I'm honestly disappointed that the festivals in City Living weren't like this.
    Oktoberfest would've been cool to see (lederhosen are already in the base game, too!)
    Burning Sim would've been great if they'd included some festivals for other worlds like Oasis Springs, but a music festival would work anywhere.

And a ren faire would be great (if a little too similar to GeekCon, I guess, but with a more fantasy-themed bent, possibly with woodworking and a unique "challenge the black knight" Fight interaction that doesn't affect reputation).

Instead of Mischief and Mayhem, I would've loved to see the San Myshuno Comedy Festival, where Sims could perform stand-up acts.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'd love it but I really don't see how it could be implemented.

I used to play SimCity 3000 a ton back in the day when I wasn't playing the original Sims game, and one of my favorite things to do after building a huge city was to destroy it by spawning tornadoes. The rebuild was always more fun than starting the city up in the first place.

Natural disasters in Sims 4 that actually had some consequence would be great. Even if it's just something like they do with fires, where items will be destroyed, insurance covers part of it and you have to pay for replacements. It'd be cool to see severe thunderstorms introduced with Seasons. You could build storm shelters with reinforced concrete or take shelter in a basement and there would be a chance of say, a tree falling on your house.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I never once saw a meteor in sims 3. I would hope, and they have put apocalyptic ideas on their surveys, that they will bring them about for sims 4. I would LOVE to play a Walking Dead type of scenario in at least one of my saves.

I want this.

I've never seen one either in TS3 I think. But then, until a month or so ago, I also never really got abducted by aliens in TS4. No luck with that. And although I do experience abductions now, it's always the women and they of course never come back pregnant (why is that, anyway? Why don't aliens want to procreate whatever way possible?)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    This isn't something I think I'd personally use, but I do see why people like this sort of thing. So, ideally I think it would be a good idea to have it in a dedicated game pack. That way it wouldn't affect people who play the game to get away from real life troubles. At least any disasters should have a way to disable them, that way people who are playing a specific story-line can disable/enable them depending on what they are doing in game at the time.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    With Nuclear/Radiation explosion, a nice return of a zombie would fit well for this kind of expansion pack. Imagine, everyone you except for a few certain individual households becomes effected and they turn into "the walking dead". The Household must survive or something like that :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg