Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Naked style?

Is there a way to edit my sims' look when I choose the Naked outfit option? At present my male sim is set wearing a necklace I don't - and have never -use and my female is stripped of all her makeup and jewellery except for eyelashes and toenails. How is the basis for the naked appearance determined, does it come from a particular outfit category, or is it just random. It's just another little detail, but as is all too often the case one which we appear to have no say in or control over.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Are you talking about the nude option that is separate or are you talking about when they are showering/bathing? For the showering and bathing one, it is set to Everyday outfit 1, I believe. I'm not too sure about the separate nude option tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Since you said the Naked outfit option, I'm assuming that you meant that one in which a player picks when changing their sim's outfit. In which sorry but no. There is no way to edit that in the game at this time. But it would be nice if we could, and be able to edit how the sim looks when they are showering or taking a bath.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    This reminds me of how I used to edit the Nude skins in Sims 1. One time I picked a "nude skin" that was a diver's outfit, complete with oxygen tank and fins.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    This reminds me of how I used to edit the Nude skins in Sims 1. One time I picked a "nude skin" that was a diver's outfit, complete with oxygen tank and fins.
    Well that would make for one suggestive scuba driving trip! :)<3

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Actually, the skin had a black body suit, as well as the diver's helmet, oxygen tank and fins. It was hilarious to see a Sim change into diving gear when getting into the shower.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

Actually, the skin had a black body suit, as well as the diver's helmet, oxygen tank and fins. It was hilarious to see a Sim change into diving gear when getting into the shower.
    That would be hilarious to see! :D<3

• Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Actually, there is a mod to reset the bathing outfit. :-) It's very easy to use.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    With mods, yes you can alter the naked outfit as well as how a sim looks when showering but, in a vanilla game, no, that's set by the game and you can't change it. Beyond that, those sorts of mods should not be discussed here, details of them may not be ESRB ratings appropriate.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    @DarkAmaranth1966 The reset bathing mod is not inappropriate. It is a tool to reset the bathing outfit to take away unwanted make ups, accessories, and clothes that might appear due to a glitch. OP asked a question and I gave them a solution.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Thanks for the replies, guess I'll have to wait until we get more control over our games - could be a long wait.