Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wonder how the political career is going to work?

I mean will it be an active career where you go to city hall everyday? Will your sims' actions affect the city in tangible ways like lowering or raising the price of bills, etc.? I wish we'd get more info on that since it seems to be a big feature that EA is being quiet about so far in their little leaks.

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2016
    I hope is not an active career as they bore me extremely after I try them once. It would be neat that it'd split like the rest of the careers in game and take two very different paths.
    Even though I want it to be a non active career, I would love if we could influence the city to a certain level with our decisions as politicians. Like having panels pop-up midday asking "so and so happened, what do you do?" kind of thing and then there is consequences (doesn't have to be major things).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    If this is done properly it could be a game changing feature so I hope they do it well. According to the survey:
    Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!

I hope it includes:

- Fund raising parties
    - City hall venue
    - Mayor as an active career (can also be played passively but some events like fund raising parties and meet and greet with neighbors are required for promotion)
    - Elections (only the most popular candidate will win!)
    - The ability to enact laws (even crazy ones like a ban on pink clothes)
    - Protests

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    If this is done properly it could be a game changing feature so I hope they do it well. According to the survey:
    Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!

I hope it includes:

- Fund raising parties
    - City hall venue
    - Mayor as an active career (can also be played passively but some events like fund raising parties and meet and greet with neighbors are required for promotion)
    - Protests

That sounds great actually!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I hope they can do it better than the GTW active careers.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Has the politics career done anything special in other sims games?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I mean will it be an active career where you go to city hall everyday? Will your sims' actions affect the city in tangible ways like lowering or raising the price of bills, etc.? I wish we'd get more info on that since it seems to be a big feature that EA is being quiet about so far in their little leaks.

I hope not, I don't want any more checkbox gameplay.. I loathe it.
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member

Not sure. I think I heard the mention of being able to hold certain parties in TS3, but that was during the marketing and it's been so long that I barely remember.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I'm hoping, really hoping, it's NOT an active career. I'm a simmer who hates the active careers in TS4. And dare I say it, I miss the rabbit holes... A date with Dine Out takes ALL day, when in TS3 You could go for dinner, watch a movie etc in an evening. *Sigh*.. I've gone off topic.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member

I hope it includes:

- Fund raising parties
    - City hall venue
    - Protests

I also remembered the survey and I hope it will really include all that. Making the politic career an active career would be a good choice, because we only have three of that kind so far.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I hope it's active. I like having the option to choose whether I go with my sim or send them alone.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

I hope it includes:

- Fund raising parties
    - City hall venue
    - Protests

And if you don't like how the voters are voting, you can just cull them!

Meanwhile, I would love to see what the inside of City Hall looks like in the minds of the developers.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

No but that doesn't mean EA can't change things this time around.

I hope it includes:

- Fund raising parties
    - City hall venue
    - Protests

I hope you're right as I'd love all those things to happen. I really want my sims' decisions to have more an effect on their world and this would be a great way to make that happen.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    If it's an actual active career , the previous active careers should be reworked on.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope it's an active career. We definitely need more than just 3. And *off topic* I hope in the future they do make the teacher career active.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    and I hope it's not an active career unless the sim can get promoted without us going w/ them..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2016
    Why I hate the active careers???? because they have no connection at all to the worlds the sims are living in. What happens in those work locations will not affect the world in any way. It is like if the sim travels to a different planet and do a set of animations like a check list.

I don't like that and if the political career is anything like that I am going to ignore it.

However, if the political career is actually affecting the worlds of our sims then I will be interested.
    I don't want protests for the sake of telling story only but a protest for the sake of game play. I want protests to happen in front of my sim's house when his actions are not taken well by the sims. I dont like random things happening for no reason.

That is the main reason why I hate all the active careers. My doctor is just a doctor on a hospital lot, in the world he is a useless sim with no knowledge. This is sad.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @halimali1980 a useless sim? You do know if they're higher level (and aren't the pregant sim) they can tell you what gender a sim is having?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @halimali1980 a useless sim? You do know if they're higher level (and aren't the pregant sim) they can tell you what gender a sim is having?

Yes, when a doctor cannot treat his own child when he is sick then he is a useless doctor!! Isn't that right? The one medicine for all sicknesses is just a very silly thing. In the world they are living in it is one medicine for all and on the hospital lot he has to do all bizarre things besides the doctor job like wipe a puddle or repair the machine!! He is doctor not a janitor or repairman.

I really wish if they have made one game pack instead that had a resemblance to Theme Hospital.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I hope it's active. I like having the option to choose whether I go with my sim or send them alone.
    My only issue with this is that it takes like a decade for them to progress if you don''t go to work with them. Hope they fix/change that if it's gonna be active.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd be totally in for another active career. Maybe they'd have had time to make them a bit better than the previous ones (which I'm enjoying but I know lots of people aren't).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.