Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help so I can play again.

MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
I'm looking to come back, because after a couple weeks of TS4 I'm finding myself bored and missing A LOT of elements from TS3. All of my CC is on a hard drive I don't have access to right now and I need help finding some CC Staples. I have NRASS covered, but I'm looking for some really realistic skins for all age groups. I also need some awesome eyes. Please help so I can come home :smiley:

Also, I left before University, Island Paradise & Into the future came out, are they worthwhile to get or is there one that's vital and the others not so much? Have any of the patches introduced something crazy or awesome that I need to know about? I'm so excited, but it's been so long that I feel a little out of my element.

Thanks!

*edited to ask some other questions*
Post edited by Maera on

Comments

• Options
    Thank you! I want to jump in and play, but I know I need a few 'must-have' cc pieces before I do.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2016
    Welcome back @Maera I remember you. <3 I cannot help with CC suggestions but if you need help finding the best townie ladies in all worlds I am your guy.

Just not Betty Simovitch from Riverview she is a teen and hideous when she ages up to Young Adult :( YUCK!!! :s
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Unfortunately the two skins that were what I was looking for as far as realism, they were non-default :( Anyone have any suggestions or are using some amazing skins and know where I could find them? Google search is just wading though tons of plum hoping to find the treasure :)

I did find some great eyebrows and am trying to track down a set of eyes that I got the name of.
  • Options
    Hey! Thanks @CravenLestat, You must have posted as I was posting because your reply was not there when I last posted hehe. Nice to see you!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    Maera wrote: »
    Unfortunately the two skins that were what I was looking for as far as realism, they were non-default :( Anyone have any suggestions or are using some amazing skins and know where I could find them? Google search is just wading though tons of plum hoping to find the treasure :)

I did find some great eyebrows and am trying to track down a set of eyes that I got the name of.

I use non-default skins because different skins give me more variety in my Sims.

I just checked one of my born in game babies and he inherited his father's non default ESkin Fresh skin.
  • Options
    I just like having default because when my sims look realistic and all the townies (and sometimes my kids if the dad isn't created by me) have EA skin...it looks weird and jarring to me. But there are some beautiful non-default skins AND eyes out there. I actually hate that so many of the eyes only come in contact form because they're so beautiful I'd like to see them on all the sims in my game.
  • Options
    baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    Welcome back @Maera , i have Navetsea F-IN Adult Sweet Default skin in my game and par non default skins for variety.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome @baturhulya. I found a link to the non-default version of that skin...I guess I'll try and find the default version, as I thought it looked pretty good!

Thanks so much for those links @Karritz :)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    As far as expansions go, I'd say it depends on your playstyle. I do like University Life a great deal - if you are starting a new Young Adult Sim, it can be useful in gaining a leg up in your desired career, and the build/buy objects are fun. The social groups are less immediately compelling to me, once you have played with them a few times. But they can unlock additional career paths and an extra Trait slot, and can be inexpensively progressed with Lifetime Happiness Points. Of the three you name, I'd say it's the most useful.

Island paradise is nice for some features but the world that comes with the EP needs some work to actually be playable. Boats are fun, windsurfing is a lot of fun, resorts are moderately interesting and a good income property for a household.

Into the Future is an EP I have yet to get, myself. It looks rather involved.
  • Options
    @Sindocat Thanks for that info. I'd definitely be starting a young adult going back in, so maybe University would be a good one to pick up. Was the University 'world' or whatever badly glitchy or buggy?

What's the issues with the Island Paradise world? What would I need to get/change/mod to make it playable if I go that way? Is it unplayable to live there or just to go in general? *shudders thinking of the WA issues*

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    Isla Paradiso is a beautiful world. But the version that comes with the EP has huge problems. They did a sloppy job of it. The list of defects is too long tintype out here.

However there is hope.

EllaCharmed took it into CAW and fixed the many issues that can only be fixed in CAW. That version is available to be used as a replacement of the World that comes with the EP. However there are more things wrong with it. There's plenty of info in the EP forum and on EllaCharmed site.
  • Options
    Thanks @Karritz for the info, I'll go and read up on that section of the forums and see how I feel about it.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    University World has a few issues to be aware of - namely, crowding in some areas like the Student Union, where you'll have a lecture to attend one day each week. You will also want to be sure once you have finished your course-work for a degree to head over to the Gym Annex early the following Saturday, so that your Sim or Sims beat the crowd to the graduation ceremony. Travel from your home town to or from school can glitch, so save before you head to, or home from, University. Otherwise, no - not really buggy. Also beware fraternities, sororities and dorms - fun in theory, but can be a lot to handle in practice. As you get used to University routine, I recommend an inexpensive, off-campus house near campus (literally across the street), Frome Cabin, which avoids the hassle of 7 roommates all breaking plumbing and making messes and trying to figure out how to operate a refrigerator. :D
  • Options
    baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    @Maera sorry for the late reply,i hadn't any internet connection.You can download the skins and some eyes at Mod The Sims,the adult versions are at Sexy Sims.Both Sites require free registration.I would also recommend Cmarnyc's blog for EA details skins,and Let them eat burnt Waffels blog for light. mods,skins and eyes.
    Forum member Ciane has a very informative thread about removing IP lag and has made a save file with the fixes.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Hi there! I use Kurasoberina's Primer as default, and E-skin and some of Navetsea's as non-default for my major sims. Pralinesim's and Tifa's make-up. Nightcrawler, Kijiko and Jennisim's retextures of NewSea's hairs are among my favorites...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @Sindocat Thanks for the tips and info! Glad there aren't too many bugs. It sounds like a fun EP. I'll probably end up jumping right in, I kinda like being overwhelmed with things to do LOL.

@baturhulya Np! Thanks I'll check out Let them eat burnt waffles. The other sites I've already checked as I've gotten some TS4 cc from there. Already picked up a few of CMAR's mods etc.

@jillbg I was at Kusoberinas blog/site but it seemed really disjointed and confusing, so I could never tell where a specific skin was, or there would be a link that went straight to the DL without a picture of the actual skin I'd be downloading. A lot of the ones I loved were non-default; that seems to be a running theme I'm encountering for skins and eyes. There were a couple there that I picked up and I will check in game, because I'm still not convinced I got the ones I wanted; fingers crossed!

I've always loved Nightcrawler! Some of the others I recognize as well and had completely forgotten about, so thanks :)

• Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    Nightcrawler is my fave for TS3...i use a lot of Nightcrawler's styles. I might even have too many in my game lol
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
  • Options
    Two more questions: Any advice on a good slider mod? I'm also having a hard time finding Nightcrawler quality short/edgy hair for women (I've only found real low quality), can anyone help me out on that?
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    Maera wrote: »
    @bee1977 No such thing!!

haha! you are so right..unless of course the CC slows my game down..THEN i have too much :P
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77