Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey! Something EA is doing RIGHT! I know...hard to believe lol

ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I have massive amounts of CC...so anytime a 50/50 remedy shows up I about give up. I learned to set up a TESTING folder and d/l any new cc to that, put it in the mods folder in game, and play. This does not help with mods that may interfere with other mods...this only helps with cc that causes the game not to load. So it kept my bad cc hunt down to what was in the folder :-) HOWEVER, the last couple of times I ran into bad cc and the game stopped loading...the game actually told me what was the offending file!! I was so stunned that I never said anything until it happened again. So it no longer sends you on a fool's errand, suggesting you re-install your entire game (which was ridiculous). It now informs on the offender!! WAY TO GO, EA!!!
That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
Post edited by ClaimingTheFifth on

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Glad that is a thing. Only CC I had in my game was hair. But its good to know they can tell you which file it is.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They seem to be more supporting of the Mod community which is nice, but EA's focus at the moment seems to be little extras rather than new content.
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I had no idea about this!! Thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k I couldn't agree more. People were grousing about Jasmine Holiday...which, to me, is no big deal. Take her or leave her...BUT it does highlight to me that they're throwing crumbs our way. I'd rather build than play...how many boxes can one put on a flat lot?? But the platform they've chosen, I think, won't allow a terrain tool....and I'm betting they never gave it a thought :/ I don't care about toddlers but it's obvious that many do....again, I'm betting they really thought that was no big deal. I don't see how anyone could deny that those who developed this version of the Sims were all 20-somethings whose r/l must be bars, sex, and parties....or...maybe in their dreams? :D
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Where exactly does the game show this information? Is there a popup, or did you have to look at a log file somewhere?
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oops wrong thread!
    Post edited by Ninoosim on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Where exactly does the game show this information? Is there a popup, or did you have to look at a log file somewhere?

During the game load if one of the files won't load, it used to throw up a white box in the middle of the screen (roughly 3"x1") that told you to try re-installing your entire game (wrong-never helped). Those of us who use cc recognize the problem and start looking for bad cc. Now the little box tells you which file is stopping the load. Frankly I was so amazed that I was stunned. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Yeah thats cool that the game kinda shows which cc got bad.
    I also like how the game runs smooth even with hundred of mods.
    In sims 3 my game started to corrupt after four cc pieces.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I don't see how anyone could deny that those who developed this version of the Sims were all 20-somethings whose r/l must be bars, sex, and parties....or...maybe in their dreams? :D
    Me, I think it's 40+ people whose lives were devoid of those activities, trying to capture that missed moment in their life, trying to sell this idealized portrait of twentysomething life to younger teens of today.

lol You may be right.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!