Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring Me To Life, Please! Ongoing game play challenge. No Due Date. Share your Sim's lives here!

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @BUTTONSGINGER No worries, I figured it out. :) Oh and I also want to congratulate you @EuphorialQueen and wish @Broncos4life good luck! That's quite an ambitious project you're contemplating! I've partially done that once with my Sim, Joel Hunter and his wife. They're both Super Sims in my game that have completed all the aspirations, careers and skills.

They don't have all the collections though. But I do have another collector Sim who has completed all the collections. Well, except the special event ones. Hmm, I should load up her save file and have her at least get the eggs/bunny now since that hunt has been unlocked in Seasons. :)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Thank you @Karababy52 :)
    @Broncos4life Looking forward to hearing about your progress. <3

Edwin completed his City Living (my version) Mission and earned a lot of money from his books and paintings. I am in the process of setting up a new home for him while I decide what he will do next.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    How does everyone feel about the uncontrolled Sims? I find it extremely hard not to control the in all ways. I need to refresh my memory but I think we can only control them through the aspiration and work goals. I think I would encourage completing the wishes top ( is that what they are called?)
    I absolutely think toddlers should be totally controllable. Children? Teens? Any thoughts?
    I haven't really looked at adjusting the rules since before the parenthood game pack.
    I am open to any suggestions.
    Me no likey not being in control :lol:
    Toddlers need to be controllable for many of their needs.
    Children/Teens maybe to a lesser degree. However I want to be able to control them for skills and social interactions or completing aspiration goals.
    Alternatives to direct control:
    Parenthood added the ability to 'influence' actions of their children (of any age).
    The club system in Get Together is helpful when activities are set to enhance skills or being social.
    Even simply forming a group can make it easier for certain actions.
    Examples: Dancing, grabbing a plate of food or doing homework as a group.
    I still gets ... anxious when I am unable to control my household Sims. :wink:

• Options
    I liked the apartment floorplan so I copied the rooms and converted them into a house for Edwin at Rippling Flats in Newcrest.
    There are still some unfinished spaces. I wanted to leave space for future missions and maybe a family for Edwin :wink:
    Summer Sunshine by EQ
    Home of Edwin Ludwig Original Sim by #EQCreations Summer Sunshine is inspired by 930 Medina Studios in San Myshuno and built on Rippling Flats by #EQCreations #BringMeToLife #NoCC Still a #WIP Complete #SnowGlobes collection and a few other random goodies. #TS4Seasons *Content from multiple packs used*
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/39110F5C8AEB11E883710BD7C32EF32B
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen You're welcome! :) I really like Edwin's new home, especially because of the wood siding and the use of the dance floors. I've never actually used the dance floors as intended, only in the way you have for building. That'll change soon though since Lyric's alien boyfriend will need a DJ mixer and dance floor once he moves in.

I've spent the last couple days doing the same as you, remodeling Lyric's home. Though she is still on the same lot, for now. It's probably 75% finished, I just need to create the basement entertainment space for Brian and do some more landscaping. I really like how it's turning out though. Since I have 1 mature perfect apple tree and 9 more growing, I didn't see any reason to keep the second story greenhouse. I put the apple trees outside and moved the greenhouse to the ground floor and lowered the walls to short like the rest of the house.

I extended Lyric's living area by two tiles on each side, bumped out the front on either side and did quite an extensive interior remodel. I've been in love with the window seat ever since Cats & Dogs came out, but couldn't get that pack. I was thrilled when I saw that Seasons has a window seat too and couldn't wait to use it in a build. So that's the main reason for the two front bump outs. The roof was a bit of a challenge, but I think it worked out alright. So, anyway, some things are still the same, but not much.

I don't have any pics yet, was too busy remodeling to take any and it's really not finished yet. I'm waiting for a little later in Spring to finish landscaping for one thing. Most of the flowers/shrubs still look dead or their colors are seriously muted. Curiously, the window boxes and the climbing vine flowers aren't affected by the Seasons. Must've been an oversight.

Anyway, no updates on Lyric's progress in the challenge, haven't actually 'played' with her since I've been building. I'm really enjoying this challenge and I love how extra challenging it's been playing with the Seasons EP and the gardening update.

Speaking of the gardening update, while I do love most of what they did, the splicing aspect is really frustrating. I've made one full rotation now and beginning on the second and I still haven't had my plants spliced for bird of paradise or orchids produce any flowers. Even the bird of paradise plants that appeared mysteriously in the household inventory I planted haven't produced anything. It's bumming me out.

It almost seems as if the game thinks the bird of paradise plants are actually a spliced plant or something too. I know the spliced only have a 1% chance of getting the rare flowers, but that shouldn't affect actually individual plants, should it? I don't think so anyway.

The reason this is so important to me is I mentioned a personal mission I wanted to complete, max the flower arranging skill and make at least one excellent example of all the bouquets available to create. I decided to not even start on that until I had bird of paradise and orchids. The other flowers aren't much of a challenge to get, except, of course the death flowers. But BOP & Orchids seem to be a problem for anyone who's tried to get them. Bleh...

Oh well, I guess I'll just put that mission aside until by some miracle I finally get those rare flowers or Maxis ups the percentage to get them. I'll concentrate on other missions for now. For example, I found the MOST attractive male townie in my game I've ever had. I'm thinking I'll have Lyric befriend him to move in and he'll do the mixology/Diamond Agent mission instead of her doing it herself. Seriously, this guy is one absolutely gorgeous townie Sim! That's SO rare in my game, you have no idea. o.O I'll take a pic when I go in game later and post it here. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Me no likey not being in control :lol:
    Toddlers need to be controllable for many of their needs.
    Children/Teens maybe to a lesser degree. However I want to be able to control them for skills and social interactions or completing aspiration goals.
    Alternatives to direct control:
    Parenthood added the ability to 'influence' actions of their children (of any age).
    The club system in Get Together is helpful when activities are set to enhance skills or being social.
    Even simply forming a group can make it easier for certain actions.
    Examples: Dancing, grabbing a plate of food or doing homework as a group.
    I still gets ... anxious when I am unable to control my household Sims. :wink:

I'm with ya! I prefer control for my Sims, however, I do think that except for toddlers (who yes, must be controlled at all times) a lot of things can be done with the Parenthood pack. You can influence homework doing, and then help them - after a few days, the children and teens usually do it on their own (and if stressed, will do it after they calm down) - so that they get done faster. You can influence setting the table, doing the dishes, taking out trash, working on skills, all sorts of things. You can discipline for things you don't want them to do, and encourage them to continue doing something you want them to repeat. All this gives you ways to control somewhat, without controlling fully.

I use the "Call to Meal" function for pretty much all meals that I want them to eat together, though you might have to cancel an action they're in the middle of; skill-based actions don't always cancel when you call to meal.
  • Options
    Edwin has been assigned the task of searching for treasures in the jungle... dressed as a pirate.
    :lol:

Where did you get the pirate clothes?
  • Options
    Edwin has been assigned the task of searching for treasures in the jungle... dressed as a pirate.
    :lol:
    The Pirate costume comes in black, blue and red color schemes.
    I made different colors for everyday, cold weather and hot weather outfits.
    07-19-10.png
  • Options
    The Pirate costume comes in black, blue and red color schemes.

Oh right! I'd forgotten there was a Pirate costume in that pack. Now I have extra reason to pick up that pack. :smile:
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
  • Options
    Congrats @EuphorialQueen !! What does a museum patrons get??
    For one thing they are sent artifacts in the mail on a regular basis. I think weekly? Once they authenticate it there is the choice to return it back to the museum. At that point they are paid a fee for their services. Great may to make money with very little effort. ;)
  • Options
    Edwin also completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and has plenty of funds on hand with lots of potential income.
    Incorporating a version of Sims 4 Philanthropy Challenge by @outcastsimmer Edwin will be making regular donations or giving money away by taking advantage of the gifting system that came with Seasons.
  • Options
    Congrats @EuphorialQueen! I think I'll need to check out that Philanthropy Challenge for Lyric too because THIS happened.... :o
    u0oKSkP.png

GAH! I was totally shocked! Actually never should've bought a ticket, they both did. She already had almost 250,000 simoleans. Opps! If I do go that route, Father Winter will NOT be able to share the weath. He called Lyric a few minutes after she won asking to come over and hang out. Not because she recently won a large amount of money though. Yeah, that's your story Clement. I don't think so! lol

Other updates include a full house remodel, Brian moved in and Lyric needs either 4 fish (finally caught the elusive eel! Yay) or 3 fossils to finally complete her Curator aspiration. She's Level 8 in Baking, but I haven't had her bake any cakes yet. She's maxed out cooking and has baked all cakes to excellent, is Level 3 or 4 in Gourment cooking, so has a ways to go with that yet too.

Still no Orchids or Bird of Paradise. It's now almost the end of Spring. Lyric's birthday was supposed to be in one day, but I had her drink a potion of youth. I've been playing on long with 14 day seasons if that gives you any clue how long she's been trying for those rare flowers. *sigh* Maybe I'll just have her buy a bunch of rare seed packets now. She certainly can afford it! ;)

Anyway, I took a bunch of pics (well, only 20 or so) of her new house (still needs some work inside and outside), a few gameplay and the promised pic of the handsome townie I talked about. Here's a link if you want to check them all out:

https://imgur.com/a/hcIhxOo

But here's what the front of her house looks like if you dont' want to check out the slideshow. You can't see it in this pic, but the Greenhouse is separate from the house, on the ground floor in the backyard now, along with a few other things. She also built a basement area for Brian with a DJ booth, dance floor, seating area, TVs for Telesplosion and a fully-equiped bathroom. You can see all that in the slideshow...

te1zQk1.png

Also, the living room I created for her using that new built in couch, which was the whole reason for the front of the house design.

K6mLyW0.png

I'm SO happy with how it turned out. :)

And lastly, here's the handsome Townie the game generated for me. I changed his hair and his clothes, that's it! He's going to make a great addition to my challenge.

KHX3zk9.png

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @EuphorialQueen, glad you like it and the future roommate! :) I actually found another Townie that's halfway decent. Changed his hair, beard, clothes and gave him a dab of eyeliner. I don't use CC/Mods so most of my male Sims get eyeliner to simulate eyelashes. Thinking about using him for the Tears of a Clown mission since he already has the gloomy trait. Neglected to take a pic of the guy. Opps! I'll do that later tonight when I get home from taking care of my Grandson.

As for other updates, I remodeled the house/lot again. The back of the house now has a couple bay windows; one in the kitchen where I put a small dinette for Lyric & Brian, the other is in their bedroom. I added a swimming pool with an open air cabana that has a glass roof. The pool deck is actually attached to the Greenhouse. I did take pics to show y'all, but I don't have time to upload them until later.

I put Patchy in their household inventory. I like that plucky strawman and he's still Lyric's BFF, but he's more of a nuisance than a help. He kept constantly interupting Lyric to hug her so she ended up eating or reading standing up. Plus, I was only really keeping him around to pick his pockets. I was hoping to get some orchid or bird of paradise seeds. Never got any from him, but Lyric did buy 20 Rare plant seed packets and got orchids that way!

Those seed packets also helped her to complete the Curator aspiration. All she needed was to complete a collection. I was having her go for fossils, frogs or elements, or maybe even the fish for one of the other missions. She's still going to do that, only 3 fish away now. Anyway, she ended up getting all the emotion/mood beans from the packets. Yay! :) I'm thinking about getting the tree stump and having her travel to Sylvan Glade to use it and get the magical tree there. I did that before when the challenge was active. It just seems like the most logical place for that tree in my eyes. :)

Thinking about having her or someone in the household become a plant Sim along with some other task as a side mission. Haven't worked out what yet though, it's just a passing thought I had.

My handsome alien, Brian, has maxed out the DJ skill! He just needs to max dancing and do all the booth interactions and that mission will be complete! Oh, that leads me to a question. Does he have to make a mix tape in each category too? Wasn't sure about that, let me know.

I have another question too. The rules say Lyric or anyone in the house or a combination of both can complete the missions. What does that mean exactly? I'm guessing it doesn't mean that Brian can max the DJ skills and Lyric could max dancing to fulfil the mission. Mainly because Lyric isn't an alien. lol It probably means that Brian, for instance, could fish up the remaining fish Lyric needs to complete her collection and it would count, right? Plus perhaps Lyric, Brian and any other household Sims could bake excellent cakes and combine their efforts to complete that mission?

Lastly, Lyric had initially put the 10 perfect apple trees in the household inventory to make room for the pool/cabana, but since she completed that mission, I had her sell them. She also sold all but one of her perfect Dragonfruit plants since she doesn't need the simoleans anymore. Her last crop of them, 16 fruit, sold for 20,000 simoleans! They were worth 1,250 each! o.O Since she completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and had over 1.25 million simoleans, her last interest earnings was over 60,000. Holy Simoly!

That leads me to my last question. I wanted to have Lyric give a bunch of simoleans away to charity but I can't find the option on the computer. It seems to be missing. Is there something she needs to do first in order for it to show up?

I hope you don't mind my 'novel' updates, I'm having tons of fun and just wanted to share. Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Hi @Karababy52 :) I enjoy your novels <3
    Not on computer yet so cannot answer all your questions.
    There should be an option on the computer to make donations. I do not remember anything specific needed to unlock that option.
    Seasons also added the option to give gifts as a friendly interaction. You can gift items or Simoleons. That was how Edwin went from buckets of money to just a few thousand. You can gift up to 10,000 Simoleons per interaction.
  • Options
    Thanks @EuphorialQueen Okay, cool. Sometimes I wonder if I write too much and people just don't bother to read because of it. o.O

Yeah, the donate to charity showed up after she reached Level 3 in charisma, so that's good. Lyric's been running around gifting 10,000 simoleans to every Sim she meets, but I think it's an exercise in futility. Since she gets an investment check for completing Fabulously Wealthy, it pretty much just sets her back to where she began. To even make a dent in her funds, she'd have to spend ALL her time running around gifting and that's not what this challenge is all about. I tried, but I think I'd be better off just ignoring her riches or using the money cheat to get rid of some. I don't know what I'll do.

Other Updates: Lyric finally caught the last two fish she needed to finish her collection. Brian has maxed out the DJ and Dancing skills. But I still need to know if he should write mixes for every category possible or is he good to go. I honestly hope he doesn't have to write them because at this point, I might just want the guy gone now. I'm very angry with that little snot of an alien.

I had them go on a Granite Falls vacation to celebrate everything and for Lyric to get the schematic from the mascot. They were having a great time, both very happy, so since Lyric had a whim pinned forever to marry Brian I had her propose. He freakin' rejected her! :'( I had Lyric break up with him and sent him home. She got the schematic and went home too.

Brian was just getting into their bed when she got back. That was not going to fly! He's been banished to the worst single cot in the basement and Lyric locked the bedroom door. He's currently down there crying his eyes out. I couldn't take it, I closed my game after that and haven't been back yet. Ugh! I feel bad for him, but at the same time I don't. So I honestly don't know what to do at the moment.

I'm thinking that it might've just been an awful random glitch because both of their friendship and romance bars were maxed, they were both incredibly happy and in love. There's absolutely no logical reason why he would reject her. It just doesn't make any sense. I might've been a bit too rash. *sigh* What do you think? Looking for a bit of advice here.

Do I cave and get them back together or just let things play out from here? I could even use the circumstances to create more drama. For instance, perhaps move in both of those townies and romance one or both of them in front of him? lol Just an idea... Not sure I could handle doing that though. Never done anything like that in my game. *shrugs*

Anyway, here's a pic of the other townie I found and a couple images of the remodel I did after she won the Lotto. It's changed some since then, but not much. I'll put them in a spoiler.
    Chase Conrad
    re2eaC1.png
    I changed his hair, beard and clothes.

wzJpvp1.png
    Overhead view

ooiDLZM.png
    Closer Overhead View of the Pool/Cabana

VNYviBj.png
    Back

WezFjf7.png
    Left Side

KElHHFP.png
    Right Side *Note - I had to remove the gate. It worked, but they weren't using it, just walking right through. It's just open there now.

jzXdpSc.png
    Front *Note - I had to remove the awning and flowers. I guess it was too low, they couldn't get through that archway. Moving it up just looked silly. There's just a light above the arch now.

That's it. I didn't include close-ups of the other renovations since they were so minor. The pool/cabana was the biggest thing. Other things I did since these pics is get rid of the aquarium in the Greenhouse and put in a flower arranging bench, hang up two mounted fish in the bedroom, add the kitchen dinette and finagle around the bed to fit in the bay window and lastly change all the trees for smaller ones. Plus, Patchy is in the household inventory, like mentioned before.I might bring him back out now and have them become BFFs again. She had made Brian her BFF just before he rejected her proposal. Bleh!

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Sims4 Seasons reintroduced the Scouting program for kids and teens. By doing everyday activities they earn various badges to become a Master Llamacorn Scout.
    This achievement also counts towards the Renaissance Sim achievement when they become a teen.
    Nolan (Ann's adopted alien son) and Zarah (Edwin's adopted daughter) have become
    Master Llamacorn Scouts
    nolan_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    3) Space Jam
    Have an Alien max the dancing and DJ mixing skills and complete all upgrades, crowd interactions and dance moves.
    I see nothing about doing mix tapes :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Okay, thanks @EuphorialQueen I didn't either, but I just wanted to make sure. :) Also, congrats to Ann & Edwin's two adopted children becoming Master Llamacorn Scouts! I haven't tried that feature yet, it looks like fun though.
  • Options
    @Buttonsginger
    Zarah and Nolan are both young adults.
    Nolan has mastered DJ skill while working as a Secret Agent.
    Zarah has a job as an entertainer and has almost completed the Joke Star aspiration with level 8/10 comedy skill.
    Chris came from Edwin using the Wishing Well.
    Almost a Llamacorn Scout he will soon become a teen.
    Nolan was abducted and his daughter Crysalis is working her way thru scouts and schoolwork.
    Yes... my alien was abducted by aliens :lol:
    The household is at 7 Sims and getting a bit more interesting to get everyone pointed in the right directions. But I really am not ready to let anyone move out.
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    ...I had them go on a Granite Falls vacation to celebrate everything and for Lyric to get the schematic from the mascot. They were having a great time, both very happy, so since Lyric had a whim pinned forever to marry Brian I had her propose. He freakin' rejected her! :'( I had Lyric break up with him and sent him home. She got the schematic and went home too.

Brian was just getting into their bed when she got back. That was not going to fly! He's been banished to the worst single cot in the basement and Lyric locked the bedroom door. He's currently down there crying his eyes out. I couldn't take it, I closed my game after that and haven't been back yet. Ugh! I feel bad for him, but at the same time I don't. So I honestly don't know what to do at the moment.

I'm thinking that it might've just been an awful random glitch because both of their friendship and romance bars were maxed, they were both incredibly happy and in love. There's absolutely no logical reason why he would reject her. It just doesn't make any sense. I might've been a bit too rash. *sigh* What do you think? Looking for a bit of advice here.

Do I cave and get them back together or just let things play out from here? I could even use the circumstances to create more drama. For instance, perhaps move in both of those townies and romance one or both of them in front of him? lol Just an idea... Not sure I could handle doing that though. Never done anything like that in my game. *shrugs*...

Have them try again now that they're home. I've been reading in various places about proposals getting rejected for no reason - when the relationship and love interest bars are maxed out and both parties in a good mood. If i remember correctly, the workaround to the glitch was to propose on the home lot, as opposed to out on another lot. So try it again, and see what happens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top